The Last of Us 2 confirmed yet?

Maxximum

No, as far as anything has officially been stated, it's not happening. 

They've been saying publicly that they're all-hands-on-deck for Uncharted 4's polish and launch. 

You'd expect that they must have an internal creative team thinking up the next project though and, given it's critical and commercial success, you'd also expect that they must be considering TLoU2.

Dont expect it anytime soon. 2018/2019

http://gamerant.com/the-last-of-us-2-confirmed-552/

I actually dont think it will be called "The last of Us 2". Probably "The Last of Them" or something along those lines. Or a completely different name entirely 

Edited by Gibbo_0113

I don't think that there's TLOU2 in the making.

the team at ND said it them selfs, aside from the story DLC/standalone game " left behind " they said there won't be a sequel to the last of us.

but they did said something about if there's a sequel to it it will be a completely different game than the first one gameplay wise.. I don't know what they're gonna to change it into, strategy? tower Defense game?

Wait... Gamerant thinks that the ending to TLoU was a jawdropping cliffhanger...? Did they play a different game? 

Cut-to-black =/= cliffhanger.

Yeah not really a cliffhanger it sort of just ended. Anyway didn't Naughty Dog say that Joel an Ellies story was finished implying that they wont be in the sequel  

I don't think that there's TLOU2 in the making.

the team at ND said it them selfs, aside from the story DLC/standalone game " left behind " they said there won't be a sequel to the last of us.

but they did said something about if there's a sequel to it it will be a completely different game than the first one gameplay wise.. I don't know what they're gonna to change it into, strategy? tower Defense game?

after all the rumors, leaked stuff from the actors and that the game was a completely 100% success on both sales and critics (it even became the most award winning game of all time with more than 300+ GOTY awards) it will obviously happen, there will be a TLOU2 that's for sure, if naughty dog doesn't do it then sony will make it happen even with a different team, they are not going to say no to one of their most successful franchises, i read that the team was going to start on it after the release of uncharted 4 but they wanted to make a good story like the first one so it wouldn't became just a money grab franchise.

HAHA there was this weird Picture of Ellie playing A Guitar... Apparently it is The Last of Us 2 Cover

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/JLuHUlTRJzM/hqdefault.jpg

actually that pic was made before then first TLOU was released or something like that, it was just like a beta model for ellie, it isn't from the sequel.

they are going to start the sequel after uncharted 4 is released.

• Like 1

Don't believe any rumors you read on the internet about The Last of Us 2. Until Naughty Dog themselves confirm at like, an E3 or PSX, it doesn't exist. Personally, I'd rather Naughty Dog focus their attention on a new IP after Uncharted 4. PS4 could really use a new name from them. I don't care if Naughty Dog eventually does The Last of Us 2, but it shouldn't be their next project yet. They should let people take this time to soak in with the amazing ending we received with the first game. Really at this rate I'm afraid that they're not gonna have as many games out this gen like they normally do. At some point though they just gotta get a new name on the PS4 before the console gen is over since it probably won't look good on them, and I'd prefer it to be next just in case they can fit in a sequel for that game yet before the console gen is over, obviously it'll be a miracle if they can pull off a new trilogy like their usual formula before the console gen is over unless they split into two teams again for the two sequels, but even just to have 2 games in a new series like inFAMOUS did with PS3 would be great. But The Last of Us 2, now's not the time if it ever needed one to begin with. Either way though, Naughty Dog still has to develop a single player DLC for Uncharted 4 so it may be awhile for whatever their next game may be.

Don't believe any rumors you read on the internet about The Last of Us 2. Until Naughty Dog themselves confirm at like, an E3 or PSX, it doesn't exist. Personally, I'd rather Naughty Dog focus their attention on a new IP after Uncharted 4. PS4 could really use a new name from them. I don't care if Naughty Dog eventually does The Last of Us 2, but it shouldn't be their next project yet. They should let people take this time to soak in with the amazing ending we received with the first game. Really at this rate I'm afraid that they're not gonna have as many games out this gen like they normally do. At some point though they just gotta get a new name on the PS4 before the console gen is over since it probably won't look good on them, and I'd prefer it to be next just in case they can fit in a sequel for that game yet before the console gen is over, obviously it'll be a miracle if they can pull off a new trilogy like their usual formula before the console gen is over unless they split into two teams again for the two sequels, but even just to have 2 games in a new series like inFAMOUS did with PS3 would be great. But The Last of Us 2, now's not the time if it ever needed one to begin with. Either way though, Naughty Dog still has to develop a single player DLC for Uncharted 4 so it may be awhile for whatever their next game may be.

naughty dog is going to make TLOU 2, the game was a completely 100% success on both sales and critics (it even became the most award winning game of all time with more than 300+ GOTY awards), it wasn't just your regular game that people forget about in some months, the game made a huge impact on the gaming industry (games like revelations 2, the evil within, rise of the tomb raider, etc took inspiration from it) so it will obviously happen and sony will make sure that it happens, because TLOU 2 = MONEY $$$$$.

naughty dog said that they were going to make at least 1 or 2 games for the ps4 (with each new gen the games takes a lot more time to make so that's why we are probably going to see less naughty dog's games this gen) so 1 of them will be TLOU2 that's for sure, they even said something like if they made a sequel it would be made after U4 is released and that they wanted to create a really good story like the first one for it.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

It wasn't officially confirmed yet but i think everyone at this point should assume that there will be more TLoU down the line, whether it's a sequel, prequel, spin-off... etc, it's bound to happen.

They did say TLoU2 was 'on ice' until Uncharted 4 comes out, then there was that LinkedIn incident where it showed "The Last of Us 2" on a ND employee's profile. So they're probably brainstorming some ideas in the background while finishing up Uncharted 4.

• Like 1

The Last of Us does not need a sequel. IF it happens, which I don't think it will, I will buy it, but I stand strongly on my stance that a sequel is completely unnecessary. The ending was perfect as it is, and TLOU works amazingly well as a single title game.

"which I don't think it will", did you at least bothered to read some comments on this thread?

1- it was a complete success on both critics and sales

2- it won nearly 300 GOTYs, thus becoming one of the most awarded games of all time

3- it began to appear on every "best games" lists of every website (many people even considering it the best game ever made, but this depends on different opinions), and some games that came after it took inspiration from it like revelations 2, the evil within, rise of the tomb raider, etc

4- when it was remastered and released on ps4 it became a huge success on sales once again, and pretty much one of the most best selling remasters from recents years.

if naughty dog, for some "we hate money" reason they don't make a sequel to it (naughty dog always made sequels, crash had sequels, jak and daxter had sequels, uncharted had sequels...) then sony will pass the franchise to another developer (which i hope this never happens), there is no way sony will just forget about this goose that lays the golden eggs, so even if you don't want to there is going to be more the last of us, and sorry if i came as rude but whoever says this isn't going to happen doesn't understand money business at all.

• Like 1

As a big fan of "The Last of Us", here's what I think: although I'm expecting a "The Last of Us 2", I wouldn't be very upset if there's wasn't one. "The Last of Us" is perfect and it's the kind of game that doesn't need a sequel. It should remain what it is: unique.

That said, if there's going to be a sequel, the best way to go, in my opinion, would be the to use the same beautiful and dangerous post-apocalyptic world, but with different characters. It would be really interesting to know the story of other survivors. I think Naughty Dog said they were done with Joel and Ellie's story and with the Fireflies and I really think that's the right choice. Naughty Dog can never disappoint me; everything they do is perfect, so I know I'll be pleased with whatever they decide about this matter.

• Like 1

I really hope that all this sequel talk will just go away and they never actually make one. TLoU is my favorite game of all time and as much as I understand that it's a brand and a product that needs selling, I strongly believe it doesn't need any kind of sequel. It's already bad enough that they're making a movie out of it.

I really hope that all this sequel talk will just go away and they never actually make one. TLoU is my favorite game of all time and as much as I understand that it's a brand and a product that needs selling, I strongly believe it doesn't need any kind of sequel. It's already bad enough that they're making a movie out of it.

I thought it was an Uncharted movie thats being made?

Nothing has been announced by Naughty Dog yet. But let's be real here, when is the last time Naughty made a game that didn't have at least 1 sequel? Crash had 3 games (I think), and spinoffs. Jak had 3 games, a kart racer, and a shitty PSP game. Uncharted is on game 4, and it already had 2(?) Vita spinoffs. Not only will there be a Last of Us 2, but there will be a Last of Us 3. Right now they're focusing on Uncharted 4. After that, expect an announcement for Last of Us 2.

I know some people may think Last of Us doesn't need a sequel (I didn't like the game, but I agree). But it's happening, because there is way too much money to not do it.

And if all goes well, perhaps even The Last of Us X: Combat Racing. Fingers crossed.

Driving around in little broken down go karts that were built by the survivors. You can explore for materials to improve your kart. Race around the post apocalyptic environments while chucking bricks and bottles at your opponents in place of weapons (can't be wasting ammo). Hell, I'd buy it.

I know some people may think Last of Us doesn't need a sequel (I didn't like the game, but I agree). But it's happening, because there is way too much money to not do it.

this is the first time since the game was released that i see someone who played it and didn't liked it lol like for real (well at least i hope you played it because i didn't see it in your profile).

i respect your opinion, either way perfection doesn't exist.

I dont see why they would let a game like tlou not have a sequel of some sort. People would dig number 2. Wasnt there a interview awhile back with the devs and someone accidentally blurted out with a 2? But i dont see it happening this year or even late next year.

there will be a TLOU2 that's for sure, if naughty dog doesn't do it then sony will make it happen even with a different team, they are not going to say no to one of their most successful franchises

The Last Of Us is not yet a franchise.  There has only been one TLOU game released to date (Left Behind is an expansion and cannot be classed as a sequel).  By the very definition of the word "franchise", nothing can become a franchise until there are multiple "versions" of it.  This applies to movies, games, restaurants, bars, hotels, etc, ad infinitum.  TLOU will not and cannot become a franchise until such time as Naughty Dog confirm 100% that a sequel is in production.