Sony holding PlayStation VR press event on March 15th

Obscure_Ale

All depends on the price for me. I got to try a PSVR game last summer and it wasn't as earth shattering as I'd been led to believe. I might pick it up, but it'd have to be around the £250 mark with everything I need to play (Move controllers, camera, etc) for me to consider it a worthwhile buy at this point...

Come on, that's way to low. £250 for the headset, that is fair but with everything else? That's not fair on Sony.

All depends on the price for me. I got to try a PSVR game last summer and it wasn't as earth shattering as I'd been led to believe. I might pick it up, but it'd have to be around the £250 mark with everything I need to play (Move controllers, camera, etc) for me to consider it a worthwhile buy at this point...

Price could be a big factor for me on weather I purchase or not, I've not really had much interest in VR as I see a lot of the games more as tech demo's and showcases rather than games currently, I'm hoping after the initial launch titles we actually see more proper games in development for it.

Come on, that's way to low. £250 for the headset, that is fair but with everything else? That's not fair on Sony.

Fuck fair on Sony. I'm just saying the price that, based on my experience, I feel it was worth. I'm open to being convinced otherwise, and maybe a different game would have convinced me otherwise, but I'm not going to pay more than I am prepared to pay just in order to help out a large multinational corporation. 

• Like 1

I think price will kill the vr market. The oculus at $600 USD will definitely put the majority off the market. If PSVR is anything like that, it'll end up in the bargain bin with The Move and the Vita.

How do you kill a zombie? Are you talking about this new-est upcoming market? Who's already got shipping products? HTC? Does one current player make a market?

I don't think any of the players expect sales over 1 million units. The first journalist that compares (or may have already compared - I don't know) the sales of VR units to game consoles or ipads or something will open the floodgates to thousands of other morons quoting them.

I'm excited for this announcement, but everyone is going to hold their cards close to their chest. The price points indicate already that they don't anticipate PS4 quantity sales.

I'll consider the VR market stable if at the end of 2017 even *one* retailer advertises a game for VR during the 2017 holidays. I'll consider it a success if the market still has at least three players when 2018 starts.