Introduction of profile page become garbage words

link_7458

Hello everyone.
I am a Japanese newcomer here.
Thanks so much for reading my problem. :)

My problem is when I get to my profile page, I found the introduction below my PSN ID which turns to be piles of garbage words.
Some pictures, and my profile link at the below for your reference:

link_7458's PSN Profile - PSNProfiles.com

uBCaOih.png

K5Hilol.png

How could I actually solve this problem?

Please assist me.

Thanks again.

Have a nice day! :wave:

Makotona

This is an issue that you can't fix. The site simply does't display Japanese when put in your 'about me ' and the same thing happens as well when you copy a URL with Japanese in it. I'm sure someone will be able to give a more technical answer than me.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Edited by Meepy-

Could always make a new account in full English if that's what you want, you're only level two at the moment, unless you have like a million purchases under your belt on this account, that's always an option. :)

Nothing to do with the account's region, it has to do with the japanese characters.

Look at my profile. In PSNTL looks good, but here not. It's the site's fault.

Nothing to do with the account's region, it has to do with the japanese characters.

Look at my profile. In PSNTL looks good, but here not. It's the site's fault.

Oh, sorry man. I thought the Japanese characters appearing on the PSN app was the problem. My mistake :)

It's most likely a character encoding issue between the 2 systems. Without going into too many technical details, the site expects the text to come in in a certain character encoding. The site then tries to convert the given encoding to the one the site uses (which is UTF-8). But apparently the Japanese text that's coming in is in a different encoding, but the site still converts it, resulting into a big mess.

This can only be solved by making sure the data that the site collects, the site itself, and the database that the site uses all have the same character encoding. If any of them are different, the proper methods need to be used to convert it and display it properly.

Welcome to the site, always great seeing Japanese players =D

Since other parts of the site can manage japanese without problems, I would assume this to be somewhat easy to fix?

I would presume this is something on Sony's side, possibly not much that can be done here.

Just a question to OP, did you set up the "about me" through PS App or through your console?

Edited by Satoshi Ookami