Taxidermist DLC on PS4

Pokedude97

I read some reviews and it seems that this version doesn't include that DLC.

Is weird how Quantic Dream handled this remasters, they did a good job with Beyond and they actually included a new feature that let you play on chronological order, even if that was their least favorite game by the gaming community, meanwhile they did a somewhat poor job with this game that is considered their best so far, removing content that was in the Director's Cut version and with some new bugs here and there.

I just feel bad for those newcomers who are just playing the game for their first time now and they won't be able to enjoy it or even know it existed, I know it's just a side-story that is not really relevant for the main story but still, I just hope they aren't trying to release it afterwards as a paid DLC though.

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 2

Heavy Rain Chronicles DLC was put on hold because the patch they were working on to enable Playstation Move capability in the PS3 release took up all the production time they'd set aside to work on DLC, then they just never got back to working on it. Probably because they were then working on Beyond: Two Souls.

• Like 1

I could be wrong, but wasn't the Taxidermist meant to be the first in a series of DLC chapters added? They got distracted with other things, so they never actually continued it. I guess they didn't want to leave an unfinished side story in the game.

Yup, it was either adding new DLC chapters or add PlayStation Move support and Sony wanted more titles to have the Move functionality to be added so the DLC chapters got scrapped. Fortunately for us at least we got one of them. Supposedly there were 6 to be added to help flesh out some gaps in the main narrative.

Considering that this is a remastered version it does feel strange to see the extra mini chapter be excluded.  It was a cool and gruesome little addition. 

Edited by Winter

Yup, it was either adding new DLC chapters or add PlayStation Move support and Sony wanted more titles to have the Move functionality to be added so the DLC chapters got scrapped.

Well I'm glad to see they had their priorities straight... Everyone sure was clamouring for that Move support. :P

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

With this game being point and click, I had no reason to pay extra when I finished this game on the PS3 years ago... If you're after the story, you will not be missing out completely... just go to YouTube and WATCH the whole DLC from there.  I'm sure the same movements/gameplay of the video owner and yours won't be any different.  Just watch it and you're sorted... it has got no trophies anyway...

With this game being point and click, I had no reason to pay extra when I finished this game on the PS3 years ago... If you're after the story, you will not be missing out completely... just go to YouTube and WATCH the whole DLC from there.  I'm sure the same movements/gameplay of the video owner and yours won't be any different.  Just watch it and you're sorted... it has got no trophies anyway...

yeah why bother playing games yourself if we can just watch them all on youtube? you will clearly have the exact same excitement and tension if you are controlling it yourself or not... sarcasm*.

i don't think it can be considered a point and click game, you don't play it with a mouse.

the DLC has many different endings and it can be completed in many different ways just like the main game, so there would be actions and decisions that you won't agree with the guy that is playing it and that you wish it could have made a different one instead, same thing when some youtubers don't listen to the character's thoughts and the information that they can give and that bothers me personally.

so if you really don't have any other way to play it then yes you can watch it, but if you have then you will obviously have a much better time with it rather than watching some other guy play it.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 2