Some easier way to get SSS rank on some bosses...

Well, I have to say DMC4se is one of the hardest platinum trophy I've ever played.

Just got an idea, to get SSS rank on some bosses quickly.....

If you really stuck on these trophies, maybe you can try this, but just for some of the bosses.

If you clear Dante Must Die Mode with Nero and Dante, you will get the super costumes for both of them. Then just use Dante with super costumes and play Dante Must Die mode again, Don't forget to choose Gunslinger style and Pandora. When you face to the boss, just keep the distance and air hike and press O.... then just press O incessantly, it will be very easy to get SSS rank if you really have problem on it. But Dante can only defeat Berial, Dagon, Echidna and Agnus. The other 3 bosses it will depend on your skill, I feel Credo and Sanctus is fine, just make sure without taking damage. But Dante is really hard........Still working on it.

• Like 3

Yes DMC3 would be harder but there are a few differences. First at all, most of the DMC4 Guides are in a way better for S ranks, since there are Achievement/Trophy related. Second part is, in DMC3 you can get SS Ranks by using Super Char.
DMC2 would be the worst one.

Also if youre good enough DMC4 it is not that time consuming. If you say, it is time consuming its also hard for you.

Edited by xDLl0YD091x-
  • Like 2

I'm still planning to earn the Platinum on DMC2 and DMC1.

Luckily, My DMC HD Collection is PAL Version, so I think it will be easier xD.

DMC3 I think is fine, because it only need you to get all S rank in any difficulties, so just pick up Easy or Normal to achieve it.

And I have to say, the easiest Platinum in DMC series should be DmC DE on PS4.....(Though i don't really like DmC....It's an amazing game, but not an amazing Devil May Cry)

Also if youre good enough DMC4 it is not that time consuming. If you say, it is time consuming its also hard for you.

Not really. You have to play through the game tons of times, the second half which is basically running back where you came from, which gets incredibly tedious. This is no 30-40 hour standard plat. I guess the repetitiveness makes it feel even longer.

Not really. You have to play through the game tons of times, the second half which is basically running back where you came from, which gets incredibly tedious. This is no 30-40 hour standard plat. I guess the repetitiveness makes it feel even longer.

Basically it can be done like in 32 hours, which i made on my X1 Run... It always depends on, how good you are in the game. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

If interested... i made the research and can confirm that you get the SSS Boss Trophies as well on Heaven or Hell !!

Here an example: 

Credo, Sanctus, Dante and Agnus should work as well with Nero. As Dante it is technically possible to do all Bosses on this difficulty... but that's hella hilarious lol to grind up with RG. 

• 10 months later...

I did all of the SSS trophies except for Dante's on Hell and Hell difficulty. Hell and Hell is a way to kind of cheat the system since the enemies are set to Devil Hunter difficulty, but it's considered a higher setting than Son of Sparda since you die in one hit. Since the trophies are based on style rankings though, dying in one hit isn't a big deal since you can't take damage anyway to get your rating up. Just turn on your Super costume and go for it. Each boss only took me a few attempts.

I did Dante a different way by using Lady on DMD difficulty and in the first mission. Here is a video (not mine):

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xXIrishPride42Xx said:

I did all of the SSS trophies except for Dante's on Hell and Hell difficulty. Hell and Hell is a way to kind of cheat the system since the enemies are set to Devil Hunter difficulty, but it's considered a higher setting than Son of Sparda since you die in one hit. Since the trophies are based on style rankings though, dying in one hit isn't a big deal since you can't take damage anyway to get your rating up. Just turn on your Super costume and go for it. Each boss only took me a few attempts.

I did Dante a different way by using Lady on DMD difficulty and in the first mission. Here is a video (not mine):

revisiting the game myself, And this is probably super noob/stupid for someone like you who has an actual understanding of style and how the game functions. But i see people can pull SSS on Heaven and Hell. Which confuses me as thats 1 hit win/death. How can you build style if you OHK bosses? And while i get that your method uses Hell and Hell instead of the Heaven variant i get that 1 hit death would save time for retries i dont fully understand how thats a preferred method to SSS versus Heaven of Hell. Please enlighten a scrub like me. thanks

10 minutes ago, killerJAZZ420 said:

revisiting the game myself, And this is probably super noob/stupid for someone like you who has an actual understanding of style and how the game functions. But i see people can pull SSS on Heaven and Hell. Which confuses me as thats 1 hit win/death. How can you build style if you OHK bosses? And while i get that your method uses Hell and Hell instead of the Heaven variant i get that 1 hit death would save time for retries i dont fully understand how thats a preferred method to SSS versus Heaven of Hell. Please enlighten a scrub like me. thanks

I don't quite understand the Heaven or Hell version, but it seems to involve using Buster attacks and evasions to build up your style. I didn't personally like the looks of this method, as it's much easier to mess up. Hell and Hell really isn't bad at all once you get the hang of the game, and I preferred to do the trophies that way because it's just more fun to beat the bosses down creatively and build your style up the natural way. I originally wasn't planning to even do them on this setting, but when I was doing my normal playthrough of Hell and Hell, I got one of the SSS trophies without even thinking about it and decided to do the others the same way.

• 2 months later...

I did nearly all of SSS trophies while playing SoS difficulty (except Sanctus Diabolica, I did it with Vergil on LDK) with Lady. Just charge your pistols to lvl 3 and burst it! When you stun the boss you can charge your Kalina Ann to lvl 2-3 and still can build up Stylish Rank&Points.