DriveClub Developer Evolution Studios to Shut Down

Shadiochao

I like Motorstorm 1 & Pacific Rift and was really hoping their next game being a motorstorm where they go back to what did the first 2 games great.

I hope someone takes over the Motorstorm franchise :(

Yeah its sad to imagine the Motorstorm franchise possibly ending. The playstation 4 hardware open so much more possibles for games like Motorstorm. Hopefully we get something similar soon.

I only came on to PSNP right now to take part in the conversation.

I just found out about this a few minutes ago, this is pretty shitty, but I don't know the whole story yet. I fucking loved these guys, the MotorStorm games and DriveClub are are a very rare example of arcade gameplay and realism being blended in such a perfect way, at least to me. I fucking loved those games, DriveClub is I think the only racing game I ever bothered to platinum, and one of only two games I actually bought a season pass for. This is a bummer, hopefully there's a happy ending coming.

Buuuuut, at least y'all shouldn't have to worry about more DriveClub Bikes DLC ruining your 100% :)

Am I the only one that remembers Studio Liverpool for F1 Championship Edition? I'm not too big on WipEout.

Anyways, it's sad to see Evolution being shut down. Loved every one of their Motorstorm games and I was hoping for a complete edition on disc with Driveclub (played PS+ vers on alt but Sony kinda screwed us on that), I'm not sure that'll ever happen now.

Does anyone know if this will be the case for Motorstorm Apocalypse or just DriveClub?

It is very unlikely that they'll shut down the Apocalypse servers anytime soon because of this. Studio Liverpool was closed ages ago and Wipeout HD still has online multiplayer...

(also, the first MotorStorm game wasn't shut down completely, the updates can still be downloaded, and are required for DLC, and they're priced)

Edited by Lance_87