Chameleon Trophy is Unobtainable

Saltyie

Collecting all disguises will not unlock the related trophy, either there's a super secret disguise that isn't even in the game, or it simply doesn't unlock when it should do. I've been following the developers for about a month now to see if a patch was on the way, but today they replied to someone asking about a patch:

These guys aren't the biggest developer, Alekhine's Gun probably slipped under most of your radars, and with this smaller audience, while I've seen a few discussions about the glitched trophy/achievement, I feel like it hasn't really been brought to the developers attention (Even in the case that it has, not many people have really mentioned it). If the game actually got a patch, I'd like for there to be a spot on it's change list for a fix for this trophy. 

Even if you don't own the game, would an unobtainable trophy put you off buying the game? 

Even if you don't own the game, would an unobtainable trophy put you off buying the game? 

Yup. Was moderately interested in this game, but unless it is a known entity, I usually wait until at least a couple of people have the plat before I make a decision.

If this isn't patched, I won't ever play it.

Unfortunate for those who took the plunge.

"Thank you for playing Alekhine's Gun! A patch will be out for the Chameleon trophy soon! We appreciate your interest and are glad you are excited for Lichdom!

Kind Regards,

MG Support"

That was their response. I kinda feel that their public view is "there might be a patch", but if you email them they pretty much confirm it. Still dont know what to believe, but the optimist thinks a patch will release in April maybe :S

Edited by Saltyie

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Just got a patch today,

"Version 1.01

Changed Naming Conventions and Trophy Description"

As far as I can tell, the only changed trophy is the unobtainable one; chameleon. Instead 'Obtain all disguises in the game', it is now 'Obtain 30 unique disguises in the game'. This could be excellent news, I'll see about going back to check if it unlocks over the weekend.

Edited by Saltyie

"Version 1.01

As far as I can tell, the only changed trophy is the unobtainable one; chameleon. Instead 'Obtain all disguises in the game', it is now 'Obtain 30 unique disguises in the game'. This could be excellent news, I'll see about going back to check if it unlocks over the weekend.

let us know if it works

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

"Version 1.01

That was a change and the other change was this one

Locksmith

Perfect lockpicking attempt on a lock with at least 3 locking mechanisms

The 3 became a 4 with the new patch update. I noticed the change after buying the game today during the October 2016 Flash Sale. It's always good to read the game's History Update before starting a game. 

Edited by Leo_the_Lion25