Combo challenges...

I'm having serious trouble trying to do Byakuya's and Yuzuriha's combos! I've searched everywhere from the internet and found a couple of combos, but they dont seem to work... Is it true that the Japanese version is easier to juggle because for the love of DERP!

I can't do these? I read everywhere that this game is supposed to be 2/10 easy! I'm completely losing it by now, I've tried to do Yuzuriha for two days now and now went for Byakuya. With this combo: 2A x4 > Ax5 > 236C > Chain Shift > 236A x3 > 236C. I can get to 50 hits just fine, but when I hit Chain Shift I can't connect with the 236A x3...

I've read all the guides and watched all the videos, but I can't do em. In the videos people don't say what the combo is or if they do I don't understand them because directions like 66A make no fucking sense to me...

Copy pasting this shit on all the forums I know lol...

Edited by LovesAnInjection

I never played this game, but if you're having trouble with reading the '325B, 667A, etc.' This might help you out:

10440193_f260.jpg

For example, 66 means dash or -> ->

As for A, B, C, D. I guess it's similar to most fighters:

A- Weak punch

B- Strong Punch

C-Weak Kick

D-Strong Kick

A Ps3 controller should be configured like this by default (according to Persona 4 Arena and Mk vs. DC if I remember correctly):

C                  :triangle:                 

A      D =     :square:      :circle:

B                  :cross:

Hope this helps!

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

Haven't played this but I found this video. might take a while but try writing down the inputs from the video and just practicing section by section until it becomes muscle memory then link them all together.

Edited by Ballz

*snip*

I've watched those, the problem is he doesnt tell the combo. Am I supposed to type it down from the left side of the screen?... it's a mess I already tried it :I

Also, some of the combos that worked in the japanese version don't work with the EU/US version so I have no idea what combo should work for me :/

Edited by LovesAnInjection

I've watched those, the problem is he doesnt tell the combo. Am I supposed to type it down from the left side of the screen?... it's a mess I already tried it :I

yea, its the only thing I can think of aside from buying the JP version and doing it with the patch off.

Thanks for taking a time to post that! Yeah, I've been using a website that explains all that, but the 66 wasn't clear for me... of course it means dash! Now I just gotta figure out how the j.B shit works I'm guessing jump button is up or something...

j.B would be the equivalent of either an 8B or 9B, basically a jump attack as you said. Expect to find J. 236A or something like that on fighters later on. Just follow the directions of of the numbers with the arrows and you should be good :)

j.B would be the equivalent of either an 8B or 9B, basically a jump attack as you said. Expect to find J. 236A or something like that on fighters later on. Just follow the directions of of the numbers with the arrows and you should be good :)

I hope so... I'm on the brink of buying the japanese version hoping it's more doable...

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just did Byakuya 90 hits trophy and I must say this vid has the best method imo if anyone is struggling with this.

Vid started combo differently than me but it ended up with 92 hits same as me. Here are my inputs: Veil off - 5C - 5B - 5A x4 - (right after 22th hit connects) 236C - Chain Shift - 236B - 6B - 6B - 236C

Edited by Saionji
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

Anyone has a solution for 5,000 dmg combo for Akatsuki? It seems that the guide on PSTrophies is outdated. Some characters' damage has been decreased, so it's not so easy to do it.

Make sure you check this options in Training Mode before doing the combo 

EXS Gauge: Always Max

• GRD Gauge : Self Vorpal
  • Counter Hit: Force High Counter
  • Air Tech: Never
  • Ground Tech: Never
  • Emergency Tech: Never
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

It still doesn't work. The damage is the same, around 4500. Anyone has any advice on this or should I try other combos shown on YT?

I used either

Set hp to 20% ABC (Veil Off)+214C+ABCD (infinite worth EXS) (Pst.org forums)

or

1) Take the dummy to a corner. 2) Dive straight ahead and attack with a Tatsumaki Senpukyaku style using ↓↙← + "C". Please, wait until this move does at least 7-hits in the combo before doing step #3, just to be careful. 3) Finish the dummy and the combo with a lightning roar (Infinite Worth EXS: "A" + "B" + "C" + "D" or L2 if set to shortcut). (PSNP trophy guide)

It was the only challenge I did in my first try, so I don't remember which one I used.

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 3:07 PM, The-Smiths-85 said:

Did that too like an hour ago and it's not enough :) I think I got over 4800 dmg with that method. I saw this yesterday on ps3imports written by MrUnknown625. This means I will have to learn more complicated combo. Something must be wrong if you did that on your first try.

I recently try the combo and i got 5168 dmg WITH Veil off and options, Something curious is that I tried the combo without Veil off and i got 4800 dmg like you said hmmm ?
Doing this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaRqO0E_zVg

Edited by XH0NZX
  • Like 1

It's because veil-off increases the dmg. OK, so this video finally shows that I should wait till the complete end of the first super-combo and only THEN do the Infinite Worth EXS. Everyone write about waiting for the 7th hit and that is misguiding :/ When you're doing Infinite Worth EXS instantly after the 7th hit you won't hit the training dummy with that white flash (don't know what's it called) and this is the dmg you will miss. Thanks for putting this video XH0NZX as the YouTube showed me different results. I'll definitely try that method tomorrow but I guess this is the thing I've been missing :)

Yep, that was the problem with Akatsuki :) I had to wait until the whole combo and only then use the EXS Infinite Worth. Done Hilda trophy too with 70 hits. I'll put it here if anyone has problems with it. I couldn't do combos which are shown on YT so I made my own and it worked:

"Over the Hilda" trophy: Start off with Veil-off (A+B+C) away from the training dummy. It's also good to have your enemy close to the edge of the screen. Then get like three steps from it and do 214+C (making it so the ball is right above opponent's head-for maximum amount of hits), 4126+C (doing it shortly after the blades of the first combo starts hitting), then 66+C and A+B+C after that (while under Veil-off Hilda will do a juggle attack which gives you enough time to easily perform Infinite Worth), and of course 4126+D (Infinite Worth). If you're still getting less than 70 hits then you have to change the position of your character while doing first attack. The black ball use to hit quite randomly so after a couple times you should eventually get it :) Hope this will help anyone. Cheers.