Tips on how to play this games

patrickogorman19

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the second tutorial is kind of weird but you have to ship more soup then the rival (this will be main gameplay). Even if you do nothing, the tutorial factory is build like it could complete the level itself I believe.

So a couple of tips for playing this game:

- Automation is key! In the first few levels you don't have many robot types so you have to do things yourself.

- Make a farm! A farm can be just a row of blocks stacked on top of girders, food will grow faster with oxygen around it. Punch it to farm! Plant it back to keep it sustaining.

- Make use of girders(horizontal) and ladders(vertical). These will make traveling by foot easier.

- Control your oxygen. I doesn't matter too much if you die but you will lose 1/4 of your money and your weapons if you had any. You can loot the money where you died tho.

- Beat up baddies with melee/weapons rather then your saw. The saw is good for crowd control or unreachable enemies.

- Eat ingredients when you are low on health while farming mobs.

- All infrastructure you build needs power. It has to connect with your power source(s).

- Press the touch button to view your astro pins & recipes in-game.

Edited by A1rPun
  • Like 2

Don't

At first I didn't like this game at all but man I was wrong, I kept playing because PixelJunk makes fun games and they didn't let me down, again.

I know you are one of the people who shit on indies but Nom Nom Galaxy is very cool if you know what you are doing.

• Like 1

Well 9 out of 10 indies do suck. I just don't see the point of getting a hard on for them. 

I'm not sure why you bother visiting this game forum then but I do respect your opinion. Some indies do suck but it's not a 9/10 ratio, more like a 2/10.

But can we please talk about tips again? This is a little off-topic and ranting on something you haven't played for more than an hour is very easy.

I'm not sure why you bother visiting this game forum then but I do respect your opinion. Some indies do suck but it's not a 9/10 ratio, more like a 2/10.

But can we please talk about tips again? This is a little off-topic and ranting on something you haven't played for more than an hour is very easy.

Please, you're giving this game way too much credit. An hour? Ha! Try about 15 minutes.  :lol: Ok, I'm out! Have fun!  B)

Edited by Killah184

• 3 months later...

Here's a tip (not just for Killah)... 15 minutes is NOT ENOUGH.  This game is not a short-play game.  Playing a level from beginning to end will usually take at least 30-45 minutes.  If you need to stop, just keep in mind that it saves at the beginning of each 'day', so for better or for worse, you'll lose everything you've done since the last 'break time'.  This can be useful if something gets screwed up.

Another thing about 'Break Time': Any 'loose' ingredients will disappear, so be careful.  Anything that's being carried by yourself or a robot will be safe, but anything laying on the ground in a 'bubble' will be lost, so be careful if you're collecting ingredients near the end of a day!

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 8/20/2016 at 3:26 PM, TesseractE said:

Here's a tip (not just for Killah)... 15 minutes is NOT ENOUGH.  This game is not a short-play game.  Playing a level from beginning to end will usually take at least 30-45 minutes.  If you need to stop, just keep in mind that it saves at the beginning of each 'day', so for better or for worse, you'll lose everything you've done since the last 'break time'.  This can be useful if something gets screwed up.

Another thing about 'Break Time': Any 'loose' ingredients will disappear, so be careful.  Anything that's being carried by yourself or a robot will be safe, but anything laying on the ground in a 'bubble' will be lost, so be careful if you're collecting ingredients near the end of a day!

Very good tips, and thanks.  Found this game in my old PS+ folder and thought I'd give it a go.  

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

@Zero I came here to give some more tips because I recently speedrunned the game solo but your general tips section cover most of the things I wanted to say :)

I want to add: all soup adds 5% to your market share no matter what ingredients you used to make the soup (yummy soup and bad soup being the exceptions here). You do get more money on mixed ingredients instead of same ingredients but money isn't that important.. Only for automation and defense.

A little bit of math here knowing every soup is 5%.. You theoretically have to ship 20 cans of soup to get 100% market share. That means you need to gather 40 ingredients. Of course the rival is going to get some market share too so you have to gather more ingredients then the theoretical 40.

If you want to beat a planet quickly you need to focus on ingredients that grow fast. Here is the top 5 ingredients to use:

- Chickenberry (grows infinitely on trees) 

- Brineweed (3 ingredients per harvest) 

- Sunblossom (3 ingredients per harvest)

- Bluecap (2 ingredients per harvest and grows fast) 

- Greenstalk (2 ingredients per harvest and grows fast)

When encountering one of the top 3 you are set and you can win within 3 days if you put in some work.

The bluecap and greenstalk are just dependable ingredients to put in your soup.

Just what @Zero said.. Make a small base, preferably next to an oxygen pocket or oxygrass because this will make plants grow so much faster.

I'll upload a screenshot of one of my bases soon to show a good setup :)

Edit: That time never came

Edited by A1rPun