Valley - New Game from makers of Slender The Arrival

FreeSpark22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1O3DDvKHo0

http://www.valleythegame.com/

Explore the vast and beautiful world of Valley™ using the power of the L.E.A.F. suit: a fierce exoskeleton that grants exceptional speed and agility along with the phenomenal ability to manipulate the life and death of all living things.

Experience the adventure of a lifetime

Valley™ is a First-Person adventure unlike any other. Hidden deep within a remote region of the Rocky Mountains, you find yourself bewildered within a secluded valley. With the power of a recently discovered L.E.A.F. suit (Leap Effortlessly though Air Functionality), run and jump your way through beautiful forests, dangerous ruins and vast environments; all the while utilizing the power to control life and death to uncover the startling secrets of the mysterious valley.

Be forewarned, with these new-found abilities comes a daunting repercussion: the more you experience death within the valley, the more the valley will die around you.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

First of I love this game because it's so stress free doto exploration aspect, with some aktion here and there. I just wish the developers would have used the vast amount of space in the game to hide more things, because of most for times I was exploring "what the game encouraged me" I thought "Wow, this would be a great place to hide a loot crate, easter egg or something fun stuff." but sadly nothing, and most things was hidden "obvious" place... -_- that killed it a little for me.

Or is that just me??

Edited by Hippic

• 2 months later...
On 3/24/2017 at 10:58 AM, Hippic said:

First of I love this game because it's so stress free doto exploration aspect, with some aktion here and there. I just wish the developers would have used the vast amount of space in the game to hide more things, because of most for times I was exploring "what the game encouraged me" I thought "Wow, this would be a great place to hide a loot crate, easter egg or something fun stuff." but sadly nothing, and most things was hidden "obvious" place... -_- that killed it a little for me.

Or is that just me??

i thought they had some pretty well hidden stuff when you, especially when you had to go back in and find things with you new abilities.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ben242000 said:

i thought they had some pretty well hidden stuff when you, especially when you had to go back in and find things with you new abilities.

Then maybe it's just my natural curiosity, for explore the entire map when I'm playing, but I only had to lock up a hand full of collectibles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this game.

It's a first person platformer with focus on exploration. The platforming is pretty good, and the controls are actually good, even though it might be a bit unrealistic, it just works well. There's a decent story as well, though, you don't really experience it. Like some other games, you explore an area after something has happened there long ago, and what happened there is the story, and not really what you currently do. The story is about this new weapon technology developed during world war 2. Essentially, they discovered this valley with strange properties, and they take advantage of it with robotic extension of legs etc. You are connected to the nature around you, so you don't die when you die, rather something else (the nature) dies, which can be healed using power orbs you find everywhere in this valley. How this actually works is better explained in the game. As you progress you'll discover more parts for your robot extension, and you'll gain more abilities. You'll also discover hostile entities you'll have to deal with. Most of the game you just run through big landscapes doing various tasks, where you're awarded with various upgrades etc, if you explore a bit. The story is told through automatically playing audiotapes, notes you find on the ground, and the environment, and I think they did a way better job at this than a lot of other similar games. To me the platforming was rather relaxing. It's not particularly difficult game, but some of the collectibles are well hidden. There is essentially one missable trophy, which is easy to not miss if you just keep it in mind (don't die many times in an area without healing plants etc before beating the game, very easy). There's not really that many great collectible video guides. Though I found one that got me the collectibles I missed, and I missed some in every area, no matter how well I tried to look for them the first time around. Some you may struggle with first playthrough, due to upgrades not being available before late in the game. There's chapter select, so there's no missable collectible. Even if you play without collectible guide first time, then play a second time with one, you'll get the plat in less than 10 hours I'd say.

If you can get this game for decently cheap, and you like first person 3D platforming, you aren't going wrong with this game.

Edited by MMDE

34 minutes ago, MMDE said:

To me the platforming was rather relaxing. It's not particularly difficult game, but some of the collectibles are well hidden. There is essentially one missable trophy, which is easy to not miss if you just keep it in mind (don't die many times in an area without healing plants etc before beating the game, very easy). There's not really that many great collectible video guides. Though I found one that got me the collectibles I missed, and I missed some in every area, no matter how well I tried to look for them the first time around. Some you may struggle with first playthrough, due to upgrades not being available before late in the game. There's chapter select, so there's no missable collectible. Even if you play without collectible guide first time, then play a second time with one, you'll get the plat in less than 10 hours I'd say.

If you can get this game for decently cheap, and you like first person 3D platforming, you aren't going wrong with this game.

Yep, this site guide helps but it does not include all collectibles, I needed to mix it with other youtube videos to get all of them. The only difficult aspect is the grappling skill that is very weird.

Got platinum last year.

Edited by GoldenShaka

• 5 months later...

Valley is without a doubt one of the most unexpectedly awesome (and with a very important, emotional and resonant message) games I have ever played. This game spoke to me in a way that can only be understood if you immerse yourself in the experience and try to feel what the characters are struggling to protect from falling into the hands of greedy and power-hungry madmen. Another thing to note, aside from the wonderful gameplay is that the soundtrack is hands down one of the best I have ever heard.

Edited by Cosmokeeper
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Yeah, I must agree with the positive sentiment expressed here. Despite many dated aspects, I found the momentum-based movement rather addictive and satisfying. The game held my attention from beginning to end, and the climactic finale was really immersive. Nice to see a game that encourages you to give life, instead of taking it.

I'd say it's only a 3/10 challenge. There are occasionally some tricky platforming bits, and several very out of the way collectibles, which could easily be missed. Provided you put forth the modicum of effort required to heal a few nearby plants or animals after every death, however, there's no real risk of the Valley dying (I never even came close). Kind of a shame that mechanic doesn't actually have much impact, because giving the world itself a health meter is quite an interesting idea. The scant combat poses no threat, either.

Using this guide, I got everything done in less than 6 hours:

8T2HPXDR_o.jpg

Also spent some time reading in-game notes and such, so it could've been much faster.

Edited by StraightVege
  • Like 2