Have you jumped back into the Taken Spring?

cdrcouey

Just wondering what the group opinions are on the April updated.

I really like the new intelligent drop system. It reminds me of the slow, but regular progression of light level once you first hit level 40 in TTK. My Titan has had some really good drops last week and got up to 332 LL. My main (lock) and Hunter are lagging a bit, but I think my Titan leftovers plus runs of the raid, CoE, and trials will get both of them north of 330 before too long. It's nice to have a lot of options for leveling.

I like it so far, weekly resets give more incentive to keep playing now, and I'm glad PoE is relevant again because I always enjoyed it. Gaining light is definitely easy now with better drops overall and the new 100% infusion, that gave me some concerns at first but overall I think it's a good thing. I definitely agree that having more options to level up is good, since I'm not a huge fan of the raid or Trials.

Edited by D-Brawl3r
  • Like 1

I'm been playing more often since the April update was deployed. The fact that Bungie made available more options to reach max light level is a smart move. The new "end game activity" is not really challenging if you been playing the game for a while, but at least is not incredible difficult like Skolas on Y1.

I'm really happy with what I've seen so far. The intelligent loot system is a much needed step in the right direction and the progression system is much less of a grind now. I like that CoE is a lot less intense than Skolas was.

A few complaints; making light progression this easy has made it difficult to distinguish experienced raiders from the newbies. Also, the rng grind for y2 versions of y1 legendaries is a little steep. I'd prefer all legendary engrams have a chance of decrypting into one of the y2 remakes instead of only being able to get them from vanguard or crucible packages. Last thing would be that my postmaster sterling silver packages have glitched for two weeks in a row. Last week was fixed. I'll have to wait and see about this week.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm enjoying it thoroughly, but it's also very easy to get to 335(well if you have a clan or enough people to raid or COE with).

What I love is the 1:1 ratio for upgrading everything. Of course I'm a little ticked that I stored so much fodder from before....

I wish I could play Destiny (or really any PS4 game , aka Uncharted 4). Got a new job so moved cross country but had to leave PS4 back at home. If only Destiny was on the Vita.

I enjoyed the little bit I played when i visited a week ago, however it was mostly just bounties to get that Hunter char trophy.

Was able to upgrade some gear for a char that was already maxed tho due to the new loot system, so it seems nice. I do like how it tells you how many times you have to earn the marks on certain activities like the PvP or the vanguard strikes. That is really all I was able to see of the new update.

I wish I could play Destiny (or really any PS4 game , aka Uncharted 4). Got a new job so moved cross country but had to leave PS4 back at home. If only Destiny was on the Vita.

I enjoyed the little bit I played when i visited a week ago, however it was mostly just bounties to get that Hunter char trophy.

Was able to upgrade some gear for a char that was already maxed tho due to the new loot system, so it seems nice. I do like how it tells you how many times you have to earn the marks on certain activities like the PvP or the vanguard strikes. That is really all I was able to see of the new update.

I think remote play works outside of your lan, so it's feasible. Of course you'd have to get used to that half a second delay....

I've tested remote play a lot from the Vita. If the PS4 is wired, it's definitely playable from the Vita on a solid WiFi connection. I'd recommend getting grips as it makes the thumbsticks easier to manipulate. I've successfully done all three raids, strike playlist, and daily mission over remote play.

If you're just farming or doing bounties/story, I've played as far away as 7,000 miles. The delay is noticeable, but it's surprisingly playable. With the new remote play options on PC when you can go wired-to-wired, I expect it would be even better and you can use a PS4 controller. I haven't tried it yet, but a mate in my fireteam played using the Mac remote play app from Europe while on a trip. His console was on the west coast of the US. Here's a link if you're interested in trying it out.

https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/lang/en/index.html

I've tested remote play a lot from the Vita. If the PS4 is wired, it's definitely playable from the Vita on a solid WiFi connection. I'd recommend getting grips as it makes the thumbsticks easier to manipulate. I've successfully done all three raids, strike playlist, and daily mission over remote play.

If you're just farming or doing bounties/story, I've played as far away as 7,000 miles. The delay is noticeable, but it's surprisingly playable. With the new remote play options on PC when you can go wired-to-wired, I expect it would be even better and you can use a PS4 controller. I haven't tried it yet, but a mate in my fireteam played using the Mac remote play app from Europe while on a trip. His console was on the west coast of the US. Here's a link if you're interested in trying it out.

https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/lang/en/index.html

Wow impress! I was just throwing it out there as an option! I'm going to have to try this!