...So PS4 is complete BS!

Abraniell

Well first things first, Hello everyone this is my first post! B)  I´ve been a member for a while now, but i rarely look at the forum part of this site... generally only use the site to check my profile or join gaming sess... Anyway i decide it to make a post about what just happened to me cause i can´t seem to find any information about this anywere. so i hope someone here can help.

Ok so basically what happen was that i stay over a friends house a couple days ago, i usually go to this friends house alot and after a while it gets tiring to be playing the same 2K and FIFA games.. so me being the great friend that i am, i try to login with my ID on his PS4 to see what games that i had buy were Cross platform, so that we could download them and play them.. Now keep in mind i don´t own a PS4 atm so i only had like 5 games that were compatible with a PS4. Anyway after the games were install i made sure to delete my profile from his PS4 precisley to avoid what happen next. Which was unlocking some trophies i dind´t want to.

Now he didn´t play on my profile at all, however when i got home and got online on my PS3 i notice i had 10 more trophies than usual, which were the exact same 10 trophies that my friend has on his account (yes he only has 10 trophies lol) and they were unlock like a year ago...around the same time he unlock them.. Now im stuck with a bunch of games that i dind´t want on my profile, 2 of them are unobtainable plats  :jaymon:  And even though i dont care that much about this it does suck that i now have to scroll down a bunch of games that i didn´t want to have on my profile and deal with 10 more trophies that are gonna mess with the 1000 trophies milestone´s here on PSNP. And yea you can hide those trophies and watch the trophy sets in offliine mode.. but still in online mode i can see them...

Anyway looking pass that first world problem that i just narreted, i´m more concern about the reason on why this happen AND more important if theres a way to fix it or avoid it? IDK if this was a glitch or what but i think is pretty BS the fact that if this is a thing, pretty much anyone that has a friend with a bunch of trophies and a PS4 can go from like level 0 to 30 in like no time, as this unlock all the PS4 trophies from that specific PS4 primary account and make them look ¨legit¨ on your account as they get unlock at the same time the real trophy popper did.. 

Moral of the story: Dont drink and access you´r primary account from a friends PS4, it would ruin your profile  -_-  :facepalm:

I have no clue what you're talking about.... I have another friend's account set as my primary account and it didn't unlock any of his trophies for me... If it had I'd be like 3-4 plats farther than I am. It sounds like a glitch and I'm sorry it happened, I would hate for that to happen to me. But at the same time the thing you're saying about going from level 0 to 30 is completely false....

Did your friend have a PSN account associated with the user you signed in on and if that answer to that is no did you sign in on the same user that he plays games on? Because if that happened then it associates all the trophies he earned on that user with your account. 

There's no way to fix it now that they're synced other than to hide the lists with trophies and delete the 0% games you don't want on there. 

• Like 1

If you download a game you've bought online to a console and delete the account that you used to buy the game, the game will be locked on the PlayStation and cannot be played (because the account who had the rights for it no longer is available). I don't see how you guys could have even played the game when you deleted your account straight away let alone get trophies

• Like 2

How were your friend and you playing the game if you deleted the user?

If it's a downloaded game from YOUR account, you can only play that downloaded game if the PS4 you play it on is the primary PS4 for YOUR account.

If you did indeed delete your account immediately like you said, you would not have even been able to access the game itself.

• Like 1

There was just another thread posted earlier this evening similar to this.  First thing I'll say is that the PS4 does not have a primary account.  Each account has a primary PS4.  What this means is you can have 15 PSN accounts on a single PS4 and all of them can have that PS4 set as their primary console.  Setting a primary PS4 allows all other accounts on that PS4 to access your downloaded content (and some other features).  The first time you log onto a PS4 with your account you'll be asked if you want that PS4 to be your primary console.  Depedning on what you choose determines what and how you and your friends can play your content.

I don't know if the same occurs on PS4, but on PS3 if an account is 'offline', meaning it has no online ID, aka - a PSN account, if you log in with another account and sync trophies, you get all the offline accounts trophies.  Maybe something like that happened.  I don't have a PS4 myself and only deal with them at work, and while we have a number of accounts, they're all PSN accounts and all have that PS4 set as the primary console, so I haven't seen anything like what you're describing first hand, but I'm sure it can happen.  But that's my guess, is his 10 trophy account was an offline account and you somehow 'acquired' those trophies accidentally.

• Like 1

"Now im stuck with a bunch of games that i dind´t want on my profile, 2 of them are unobtainable plats   :jaymon:  And even though i dont care that much about this it does suck that i now have to scroll down a bunch of games that i didn´t want to have on my profile and deal with 10 more trophies that are gonna mess with the 1000 trophies milestone´s here on PSNP. And yea you can hide those trophies and watch the trophy sets in offliine mode.. but still in online mode i can see them..."

But you say you don't care? 

As for the "issue" I'm not sure how you even played those games with the profile deleted sooo. Something does not add up with this story.

There was just another thread posted earlier this evening similar to this.  First thing I'll say is that the PS4 does not have a primary account.  Each account has a primary PS4.  What this means is you can have 15 PSN accounts on a single PS4 and all of them can have that PS4 set as their primary console.  Setting a primary PS4 allows all other accounts on that PS4 to access your downloaded content (and some other features).  The first time you log onto a PS4 with your account you'll be asked if you want that PS4 to be your primary console.  Depedning on what you choose determines what and how you and your friends can play your content.

I don't know if the same occurs on PS4, but on PS3 if an account is 'offline', meaning it has no online ID, aka - a PSN account, if you log in with another account and sync trophies, you get all the offline accounts trophies.  Maybe something like that happened.  I don't have a PS4 myself and only deal with them at work, and while we have a number of accounts, they're all PSN accounts and all have that PS4 set as the primary console, so I haven't seen anything like what you're describing first hand, but I'm sure it can happen.  But that's my guess, is his 10 trophy account was an offline account and you somehow 'acquired' those trophies accidentally.

Ok that does make alot of sense, as my friends account doesn´t have a ps+ subscription and its only link with his PS4 so i think that qualifies as an offline account... and now that you mention i do remember checking my trophy list on his PS4 while my account was link to it so probably his offline trophies went to my profile for some stupid reason..

As far as the option to choose that particular PS4 to be the primary, i choose not to, idk if that had to do with anything that happen.. still if this is a thing what im scared of is people exploding this to get some easy levels

"Now im stuck with a bunch of games that i dind´t want on my profile, 2 of them are unobtainable plats   :jaymon:  And even though i dont care that much about this it does suck that i now have to scroll down a bunch of games that i didn´t want to have on my profile and deal with 10 more trophies that are gonna mess with the 1000 trophies milestone´s here on PSNP. And yea you can hide those trophies and watch the trophy sets in offliine mode.. but still in online mode i can see them..."

But you say you don't care? 

As for the "issue" I'm not sure how you even played those games with the profile deleted sooo. Something does not add up with this story.

I care more about people exploading this ¨glitch¨ than if my profile has some unobtainables.. lol i even own some unobtainables prior this ¨incident¨... (Damn you treyarch fix BO2!)

Now i did forgot to mention that we only play FEZ and Rogue Legacy during that night and i deleted my profile in the morning before i went home.. i did come to find that basically it was all for nothing as he couldn´t access those games when i deleted my profile from his PS4.. it was just all a mess so i end up getting some trophies i didn´t want to..

Edited by Abraniell

Now i did forgot to mention that we only play FEZ and Rogue Legacy during that night and i deleted my profile in the morning before i went home.. i did come to find that basically it was all for nothing as he couldn´t access those games when i deleted my profile from his PS4.. it was just all a mess so i end up getting some trophies i didn´t want to..

you do realise that if he was still able to play those games without your account signed in, that would essentially be a way for sony to never make money again? all it would take is for one person to digitally download every game and then give their details out online and bam - everyone could then access every digitally downloaded game ever and then delete that person's account off their ps console and keep those games. i don't even know how you didn't realise that was a stupid idea that wouldn't work, a little bit of thought there would have saved you the heartache of gaining +10 trophies.

Lol sounds like you made an oopsy. I have left my account on my friends ps4 since the beginning and I have NONE of his trophies, nor does he have any of mine. So idk ehat happened, but it's not normal.

There was no point in deleting your profile off his ps4 by the way... as long as you trust him not to screw with your account that is.

you do realise that if he was still able to play those games without your account signed in, that would essentially be a way for sony to never make money again? all it would take is for one person to digitally download every game and then give their details out online and bam - everyone could then access every digitally downloaded game ever and then delete that person's account off their ps console and keep those games. i don't even know how you didn't realise that was a stupid idea that wouldn't work, a little bit of thought there would have saved you the heartache of gaining +10 trophies.

Yea its call game sharing, its been around for ages now... thing is on the PS3 works great, however i was not aware of the fact that on PS4 if you delete the user, you can´t access the game download from that user... Still game sharing doesn´t explain the fact that i got the same 10 trophies that my friend has on his profile, out of nowhere.. that its just a f**kd up weird glitch

Yea its call game sharing, its been around for ages now... thing is on the PS3 works great, however i was not aware of the fact that on PS4 if you delete the user, you can´t access the game download from that user... Still game sharing doesn´t explain the fact that i got the same 10 trophies that my friend has on his profile, out of nowhere.. that its just a f**kd up weird glitch

It might have been around for ages but because people weren't using it for its intended purpose Sony removed the feature on the Vita and it sounds like on the PS3 as well.

It was meant for a way for each member of a family to have an account but Mom and Dad only had to buy a game once and then each child could play it. Not you buy a game and then give it for free to a bunch of your friends.

Abuse a system and it gets taken away...it is why the rest of us can't have nice things.

• Like 1

I've tried that yesterday when I read this (with the difference that a friend put his account on my PS4) and as soon as he had downloaded the game and deleted the account the game had a lock symbol and couldn't be accessed. Even themes you have to pay for get locked once you remove the account you purchased them on.

Have you tried contacting Sony about your situation? I don't really see how any of us can do anything for you

It might have been around for ages but because people weren't using it for its intended purpose Sony removed the feature on the Vita and it sounds like on the PS3 as well.

It was meant for a way for each member of a family to have an account but Mom and Dad only had to buy a game once and then each child could play it. Not you buy a game and then give it for free to a bunch of your friends.

Abuse a system and it gets taken away...it is why the rest of us can't have nice things.

Completly understand that, don´t blame me for it i have only use game share once on my brother ps3, and this time cause we were so sick of playing 2k.. Still i think we are going a bit off topic here.. theres a way of popping all of an specific profile trophies in to your profile.. am i the only one who thinks someone can exploit this glitch to go up some trophy levels in seconds? i mean do you imagine if my friend was a trophy hunter? ill be like level 30 by now, in just over a night... Sony should fix this asap, before some people really  start to exploit this

Edited by Abraniell