eumm ?

More specifically, if you try to jump across a spike pit and you don't quite make it, instead losing a life or a credit or whatever, your corpse becomes a platform from which you can springboard to make that jump next time. In other words, it's the ultimate social commentary on how the millennial generation needs their hands held and their egos coddled to get through life's challenges. :P

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I've played most of the game. It's pretty daunting I guess. I love platformers and puzzle games, so it's totally something for me, but I grew a bit bored after a while, and it's not an easy game. All but one of the trophies aren't that difficult.

So I guess I should explain what the game is about. It's a 2D side scrolling platformer with puzzle elements. You basically gotta get from the start of a level to the end. This usually requires that you die multiple times. Your dead body will help you get further in the level. There's checkpoints too. A dead body can for example keep a button pushed down or be something you step on to get over spikes or climb up a wall etc. It is as simple as that. The earliest levels are pretty easy, the later levels gets more and more tricky and the puzzles more difficult.

Each level offers 4 challenges.

1. Simply beat the level.
  2. Find a little creature who is usually hard to get to or set your progress in the level back by quite a lot, and let him eat you, and then afterwards finish the level.
  3. Beat the level with as few deaths as you can.
  4. Beat the level as fast as you can.

This makes each level pretty time consuming and a bit daunting and you get bored after a while I guess, especially as the levels gets more and more complicated. But this isn't overly difficult to do. I haven't beat the game yet, but I'm getting near, and so far it's like 5/10 difficulty territory.

What does demotivate me is that this isn't all that is required for the plat. You still gotta speedrun the entire game without saving in a very short time, like 50 minutes. While I think the time is probably fair and there's some spare time to waste, it's still like 50+ levels, and some of the levels are rather complicated and you can easily mess up. You really gotta practice most of them when you speedrun them and know exactly what to do and where to go at all times in every level. Luckily, you can pause between levels or pause in the middle of a level to look up a video while playing so you know exactly where to go, and the game gives you a timer you can look at so you know what counts and what doesn't etc. :) That does add a bit of extra complications and difficulty to this game, bringing it closer to like 7-8/10. While you can beat the game in 50 minutes, the plat is going to take much longer. You may look up videos for fastest ways through each level, but that can get boring too, and does add to the time. You still gotta master it and actually do it, which is easier said than done. It is not without reason only 15 people currently got the platinum.

• Like 1