Hiding multiplayer trophies

Someone would need to go through every trophy on every game and mark them as being multiplayer or not, so it wouldn't exactly be easy. But that'd be something nice to have anyway, as well as for things like glitched or unobtainable trophies.

If that happens then it wouldn't be a problem hiding them.

• Like 3

I would really love to have the option to hide multiplayer trophies, as I can't play online anyway. Just like the "show/hide secret trophies". Don't know how hard it would be to make though.

I would also appreciate this. However, I understand the technical hurdle and don't think we'll see this any time soon.

It was proposed not too many days ago (maybe just last week or something).

As stated above, you'd have to manually process every trophy list and flag each trophy as MP and it still would not be accurate (some kind of MP trophies can be obtained alone and without internet).

The only available indication of a trophy being multiplayer, as of now, is the appropriate flag in guides.

Someone would need to go through every trophy on every game and mark them as being multiplayer or not, so it wouldn't exactly be easy. But that'd be something nice to have anyway, as well as for things like glitched or unobtainable trophies.

If that happens then it wouldn't be a problem hiding them.

I would also appreciate this. However, I understand the technical hurdle and don't think we'll see this any time soon.

It was proposed not too many days ago (maybe just last week or something).

As stated above, you'd have to manually process every trophy list and flag each trophy as MP and it still would not be accurate (some kind of MP trophies can be obtained alone and without internet).

The only available indication of a trophy being multiplayer, as of now, is the appropriate flag in guides.

(Sorry, I didn't realise it had been suggested before. I tried to search for it, but nothing came up. )

I understand it would be difficult to make this, but one way to do it would be using existing guides with the "multiplayer" tag, or to use community "flagging", so when people come across a multiplayer trophy, they can mark it. But I do understand that we'll probably not get this anytime soon, if at all.

Out of curiosity are you hoping to hide them for the sake of not having unearned trophies or is this something else?

No, just like when you have a list of trophies in a specific game on PSNP, you can hide secret trophies, or earned trophies. It would just make it easier for me to see what I can actually go for without having to read through them everytime.

Well every game that has multiplayer trophies (and servers that allow coop) are filtered in the Gaming Sessions, so all that would need to be done would be to go through that entire list to "mark" the multiplayer trophies. It would obviously take a while and some effort but it definitely negates the need to go through every game

It would be good to have the trophy type as used in the guides (Blank if single player, "Multiplayer Only", "Online Co-op", "Unattainable", "Buggy") attached to each trophy, but it would take time to do if a guide is not available and would have to be maintained.

If it was done though there are so many options available. Off the top of my head:

• You can easily look at a prospective game to see if all trophies can be completed offline without having to read guides / research and see whether a platinum can actually be achieved or if it is unattainable
  • Looking at your own list you can see if trophies you are missing can be achieved
  • This could be linked to your completion stat. If a trophy is unattainable and you don't have it you can never achieve 100%, it would be good if you could mouse over the stat and it say for example 98.33% of a potential 99.21%
  • As the OP said show/hide online / unattainable trophies.
  • As an idea maybe even a "Warning" for a trophy type where for example servers have temporarily gone down or unconfirmed glitched trophies or servers that are due to go down. The user could then look further into why a trophy has this "Warning" before choosing whether to purchase / start the game.

This is a big site with a lot of people keeping a close eye on everything trophy related so I'm sure this could be achieved and maintained with a high degree of accuracy.

• Like 2

Well every game that has multiplayer trophies (and servers that allow coop) are filtered in the Gaming Sessions, so all that would need to be done would be to go through that entire list to "mark" the multiplayer trophies. It would obviously take a while and some effort but it definitely negates the need to go through every game

I don't think they are. You can set up a gaming session for literally any game. The gaming sessions page just displays games with currently active sessions.

• Like 1

No, just like when you have a list of trophies in a specific game on PSNP, you can hide secret trophies, or earned trophies. It would just make it easier for me to see what I can actually go for without having to read through them everytime.

Oh right, this actually seems liek a really useful feature. This kind of seperation could come in handy for peopel just aiming to get the MP trophies out of the way. So sounds like a good idea. Shame it would be a very long and drawn out process to implement.