How stable are the servers?

HardXDXtraga

I bought the Rayman Legends/Origins pack today and have been reading a lot of bad stuff about the servers, so my question is just how likely is it that it will close soon and when you guys where playing it, how stable was it?

I'm gonna play the game regardless of the answers, I just need to know in which account I'll play it, if it makes any difference, I'm playing on the vita, thanks!

I haven't played this in almost 2 years but back when I played I only had problems with the servers one time, aside from that the servers worked fine. Not sure how likely it is the servers are going down, generally hard to tell except with sports games with yearly releases

Another thing to note with the vita version is getting a diamond cup maybe difficult to get these days as I would imagine there aren't many people playing that version if you are planning to go for the plat. 

I played the game almost 2 years ago as well and didn't have many problems with the servers. There was one period of time where the servers started having problems. I had trouble connecting and when I did, the servers weren't awarding the medals I won. However, they fixed that issue pretty quickly and I never had any issues after that. The occasional failed to connect message but usually trying later that day worked. Also, went back to the game a year ago to help someone with a trophy and it worked fine.

As for the servers closing, nobody can know for sure. I wouldn't expect that to happen soon though. It's still a relatively new game and was fairly popular. Ubisoft doesn't seem to close servers too often except with some older games that weren't very popular. Still, I'd always recommend trying to get the online trophies finished as soon as you can.

Edited by MStalker58

I played the game almost 2 years ago as well and didn't have many problems with the servers. There was one period of time where the servers started having problems. I had trouble connecting and when I did, the servers weren't awarding the medals I won. However, they fixed that issue pretty quickly and I never had any issues after that. The occasional failed to connect message but usually trying later that day worked. Also, went back to the game a year ago to help someone with a trophy and it worked fine.

As for the servers closing, nobody can know for sure. I wouldn't expect that to happen soon though. It's still a relatively new game and was fairly popular. Ubisoft doesn't seem to close servers too often except with some older games that weren't very popular. Still, I'd always recommend trying to get the online trophies finished as soon as you can.

From what I read, as soon as you can is a minimum of 14 days if you're good and just goes up from there, I'd say I could do it in a month if the servers work fine

There was this one time where the servers had some serious issues. I contacted Ubisoft about it, and they eventually acknowledged the problem and fixed it not too long after.

Edited by MMDE

From what I read, as soon as you can is a minimum of 14 days if you're good and just goes up from there, I'd say I could do it in a month if the servers work fine

Yeah I forget the exact math of how long it takes if you get certain medal types but it is possible to do in weeks if you are great and can pull off platinum medals in every challenge. For the majority of people, it probably takes around 3-4 months worth of challenges if you consistently get Gold and mix in some other types. Highly doubt servers would close in that timeframe unless there was just some massive server problem that wasn't worth fixing or something like that.

Edited by MStalker58

I played this game for more than 2 years and I noticed generally the servers are decent, albeit a bit spotty at times. I played on the PS4/Wii U version, but from those I've talked to, the Vita servers aren't too bad. In general, there will be those days were they will not work for whatever reason, but you should be fine for the online portion for now at least.

Edited by Keello96

• 2 weeks later...

Not played the game on the servers since I got the required amount of points for both the ps3 and vita,   severs were not too bad.     If you plan to plat the game start now (however not sure how many people play it on the vita these days)

Edited by one_more_name

Not played the game on the servers since I got the required amount of points for both the ps3 and vita,   severs were not too bad.     If you plan to plat the game start now (however not sure how many people play it on the vita these days)

100 to 200 on the daily challenge and 1000 to 1200 on the weekly challenge, which is not much at all, but at least I'm gonna win a diamond cup in 3 hours  :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...