Steins;Gate 0 coming west in 2016 (retail & digital)

crimsonidol38

It's pretty old news. There was a kickstarter campaign and it reached Vita goal =)

Just Sony's approval is holding them back so it's still not out.

So until Sony grows a pair of balls, it's not coming over here then. Don't want to get excited for nothing.

Even us backers get barely any new info about the Vita-port, but now they are at least licensed developers (news from January) and they also have Vita-devkits (news from April). The problem seems to be that they have to port this game to a new engine (if I remember correctly Unity) and this seems to take longer than expected. But as far as I understand, they (--> Sekai Project) will use it as a base for all VNs they had Vita stretch goals for.  But we shouldn't expect anything until 2017, I guess. So we have to hope that at least Muv-Luv comes out this year (I want my limited physical, god damn it >_> )

Even us backers get barely any new info about the Vita-port, but now they are at least licensed developers (news from January) and they also have Vita-devkits (news from April). The problem seems to be that they have to port this game to a new engine (if I remember correctly Unity) and this seems to take longer than expected. But as far as I understand, they (--> Sekai Project) will use it as a base for all VNs they had Vita stretch goals for.  But we shouldn't expect anything until 2017, I guess. So we have to hope that at least Muv-Luv comes out this year (I want my limited physical, god damn it >_> )

That would also be a nice bonus, but I feel that at this day and age, a lot of the devs want to focus their sights on games for the PS4, which is a shame since I still want to see more games get released for both Vita and PS3. I feel that the vita is only staying alive due to the unique j/rpg-type games and the odd visual novels here and there (just my opinion).

Edited by GarciaFever

I feel that the vita is only staying alive due to the unique j/rpg-type games and the odd visual novels here and there (just my opinion).

And... what more does one need? :awesome:

The problem seems to be that they have to port this game to a new engine (if I remember correctly Unity) and this seems to take longer than expected.

Yup yup, that's it. It's due to Vita's structure. Using Unity is the quickest way to achieve the port.

• Like 1

Why would you think so? PS3 is pretty much like Vita now. It's only relevant to Japan now...

West is now all about PS4 unfortunately.

Yeah, I know but since they released first S;G on PS3 in the west it's weird to drop the sequel like that.

Maybe PS3 ver sales were super low or something? Anyway, more importantly we're getting this on Vita, the true and only machine worthy of VNs so I'm not mad  :D

Yeah, I know but since they released first S;G on PS3 in the west it's weird to drop the sequel like that.

Maybe PS3 ver sales were super low or something? Anyway, more importantly we're getting this on Vita, the true and only machine worthy of VNs so I'm not mad  :D

Well, there wasn't much of a choice since PS4 version was developed much later =D You can bet that if PS4 wasn't just a bonus to JP S;G0, it would be released instead of the PS3 version.

And they had to offer both proper VN machine version :awesome: and console version for those weird :awesome: who prefer VNs on large screen.

Though... you may be correct about the PS3 sales as well :awesome:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/84967/steinsgate/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70760/steinsgate/

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Are there any preorders besides Rice Digital and some random Spanish stores? 

Rice Digital offers free shipping but the game itself is 35 GBP

One Spanish store has preorder for 35 EUR but if you are outside Spain then shipping is also 35 EUR xDD 

• Like 1

Pre-Order Links for anyone who prefers VGP.ca:

PSV: https://www.videogamesplus.ca/steinsgate-vita-vgp-canadian-exclusive-free-shipping-p-23944.html

PS4: https://www.videogamesplus.ca/steinsgate-ps4-vgp-canadian-exclusive-free-shipping-p-23943.html

Ordering from VGP is much cheaper for me than buying from Ricedigital (~46 EUR for Rice against ~34 EUR for VGP).

O Canada! Our home and native land!

^_^

Edited by Crimson Idol

Shame that they didn't include ps3 as well

Will have to skip the sequel sadly even though I want to buy it.

I was on the same boat , with only a PS3 to play but i got a cheap PSTV with the intention to play Steins;Gate 0 :lol:  and  some other Vita games along the way aswell.

Steins;Gate 0 is up on VGP.ca for 50 CAD and with FREE shipping  :awesome: Probably the cheapest option so far.

Expected release date is 31th August (a bit later than EU, nothing surprising since we got first S;G earlier too)

Edited by Rollers23

But that vita has the memory cards that is expensive

:o

Of course, Vita-tan is a proper lady. She needs the best. And the best is obviously expensive :P

I would be happier if the game was a sequel honestly.

But there's nothing to continue...

Steins;Gate 0 is up on VGP.ca for 50 CAD and with FREE shipping  :awesome: Probably the cheapest option so far.

Expected release date is 31th August (a bit later than EU, nothing surprising since we got first S;G earlier too)

#basedVGP =D

I'm waiting for some goodies and if nothing, VGP it is =D

• 1 month later...

#basedVGP =D

I'm waiting for some goodies and if nothing, VGP it is =D

'

The game's up on 365games and it's even cheaper here (+ you get EU ver). Also, the site shows up 23rd september as the release date and Steins;Gate 0 recently appeared on UK amazon with that date too.

So 23rd september it is then. Most likely. At least in Europe.

Edited by Rollers23

'

The game's up on 365games and it's even cheaper here (+ you get EU ver). Also, the site shows up 23rd september as the release date and Steins;Gate 0 recently appeared on UK amazon with that date too.

Wow, 25 pouns is hella good.

Amazon also has it but for 35.

'

And lazy Amazon Germany still has no product listing. But my copy from Rice is safe, so who cares.

But I see a Root Letter listing at Amazon. Woohoo. =D

'

So it's officially confirmed the Vita version in Europe to 23rd September to be release ?

I want to preorder my copy but not sure where to get and if it's safe to do it now .