Bayonetta 2 exists! ...But it's exclusive to the Wii U.

Lady Lilith

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/09/13/bayonetta-2-announced-for-wii-u/

Nintendo (not SEGA) will be publishing Bayonetta 2, which was just announced exclusively for the Wii U. This time it appears that Kamiya will not be in the director’s chair, presumably because he’s been busy with Platinum’s other Wii U exclusive, P-100, which has now been named The Wonderful 101.

No other details were given at Nintendo’s conference this morning aside from a small teaser with no gameplay footage, but more will be sure to come.

Update: SEGA has just spoken out about this announcement on Twitter, replying that they will be working with both Nintendo and Platinum Games as an “advisor” to the project. In light of this, I’m re-branding this post as SEGA news, as it looks like SEGA is still involved in some capacity.

That said, it’s fairly clear that Bayonetta 2 is really Platinum and Nintendo’s show. This more than anything seems to signal the end of SEGA and Platinum Games’ partnership.

What do you think about SEGA letting one of their most iconic characters and franchises of this console generation slip away? Or are you just too excited about Bayonetta 2 to care? Hopefully the latter, we need games like this to sell.

Damn, might have to get a Wii U now...was hoping it would be on PS3.

i never understood why they would make a sequel on another system....

its kinda cute to see Nintendo try to catch up on the rest of the world graphically now that Sony and Microsoft has announced that they are working on their next gen consoles... the Wii didn't leave a lasting impression on me so i will probably wait to see what the WiiU has to offer before i even make a comment on getting one...

anyway... i guess after you sell the rights you don't really care who makes it