(PS4/Vita): Sekai Project x Limited Run Games: Bringing J-Gems to the West!

crimsonidol38

The only thing I wonder about:

What besides the already "guaranteed" ports (fault, WW, Grisaia, Root Double) will be ported to PS4 and Vita. Maybe Clannad and planetarian? To be honest I can't think of much beside some games like Rabi-Ribi, Resette's Prescription or Tobari. Other games won't come over due to the fact they they highly focus on the Adult-version (NekoPara, Sakura-series).

Not sure why was this news. The only thing I could interpret from this was that Sekai Project got a trusted group to do physical distribution for their Kickstarter projects.

-->

Mighty Rabbit Studios will assist Sekai Project in porting over many titles from their acclaimed library

Sekai Project have a nice variation of several VNs and other doujin-games in their Steam-portfolio but they are a lazy bunch of people when it comes to porting their games to the promised platforms. For some games we already have to wait for about 2 years with anything relevant about the PSN-ports (WEE as an example). Therefor when Mighty Rabbit assists them doing the port-work, this might help to speed up everything.

Edited by Crimson Idol

The only thing I wonder about:

What besides the already "guaranteed" ports (fault, WW, Grisaia, Root Double) will be ported to PS4 and Vita. Maybe Clannad and planetarian? To be honest I can't think of much beside some games like Rabi-Ribi, Resette's Prescription or Tobari. Other games won't come over due to the fact they they highly focus on the Adult-version (NekoPara, Sakura-series).

-->

Sekai Project have a nice variation of several VNs and other doujin-games in their Steam-portfolio but they are a lazy bunch of people when it comes to porting their games to the promised platforms. For some games we already have to wait for about 2 years with anything relevant about the PSN-ports (WEE as an example). Therefor when Mighty Rabbit assists them doing the port-work, this might help to speed up everything.

I guess I just don't know how much I can trust White Rabbit Studios, but whatever. I know with WEE, they had to work with the original devs to port over their entire code to the Unity Engine, and I know they want to use Unity for the rest of it. So it is possible for them to try other consoles besides Vita, but this really depends on how many of the original devs are willing to work with them to make a Unity version, which I guess Mighty Rabbit is helping with.

The announcement is a physical release of fault. Woooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooo

:dance: :dance: :dance:

And Rabi-Ribi gets ported, too.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/13/playstation-e3-2016-press-conference-recap/

I enjoyed Fault, but if they have the same acheivements as the Steam one, I'll be pretty sad. Going back and forth to rewatch a scene 50 times is annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

4f461ee1-0092-4b37-979e-4be17beb6e03.jpg

WORLD END ECONOMiCA, the hit three-part visual novel series from Spice and Wolf writer, Isuna Hasekura, is coming to PS4™ and PS®Vita in 2017. The console and handheld release of WORLD END ECONOMiCA will feature all three chapters combined into one package and will be made available digitally on PSN and physically (in limited quantities) via a partnership between Sekai Project and Limited Run Games. Both physical versions will feature reversible covers and come a pre-order bonus gift that will be revealed closer to release. As thanks, supporters of the WORLD END ECONOMiCA Kickstarter campaign will have early access to pre-orders!

Source: http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=74b800eadf353a0fe4d6dde43&id=b8f6c49290

I wonder if I will be able to swap my digital PSN-code against a coupon for a retail version somehow. :hmm:

Edited by Crimson Idol

4f461ee1-0092-4b37-979e-4be17beb6e03.jpg

WORLD END ECONOMiCA, the hit three-part visual novel series from Spice and Wolf writer, Isuna Hasekura, is coming to PS4™ and PS®Vita in 2017. The console and handheld release of WORLD END ECONOMiCA will feature all three chapters combined into one package and will be made available digitally on PSN and physically (in limited quantities) via a partnership between Sekai Project and Limited Run Games. Both physical versions will feature reversible covers and come a pre-order bonus gift that will be revealed closer to release. As thanks, supporters of the WORLD END ECONOMiCA Kickstarter campaign will have early access to pre-orders!

Source: http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=74b800eadf353a0fe4d6dde43&id=b8f6c49290

I wonder if I will be able to swap my digital PSN-code against a coupon for a retail version somehow. :hmm:

Wow, already?! 2017 is gonna be good =D

• 1 month later...

A new announcement:

g750etk.jpg

Narcissu 10th Anniversary Anthology Playstation 4 / Playstation Vita Adaptation

Developer: stage-nana

Narcissu, the popular thought provoking visual novel series about terminal illness, living, dying, and the relationship between those leaving and those left behind is coming to PS4™ and PS®Vita via Sekai Project and Limited Run Games. The console adaptation includes Narcissu 1st and 2nd and will have development materials and video footage about the game.

Praised by fans for its moving story and high production quality, the original games have been download over a million times and spawned a manga and light novel, and has been localized in several languages across the world. This anthology finally brings the games that were never released outside of Japan in any form to the world for eager fans, as well as updating artwork, voice work, and a brand new written chapter exclusive to this anthology: "Sumire".

Further breaking new grounds, this anthology builds on the massively popular music which has captured the hearts of thousands of Narcissu fans by adding 2 video game legends to the musical roster: Chris Huelsbeck of Turrican fame, and Hiroki Kikuta of Secret of Mana fame.

http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=74b800eadf353a0fe4d6dde43&id=c9588f04d2

Edited by Crimson Idol

Holy hell, that picture is beautiful.

The Narcissu-series really has a beautiful artstyle. Still need to read all those chapters, though. But I guess that I will now wait for the physical Vita-release. :awesome:

And now I wonder if the other two Sekai-Kickstarters with Vita-ports will also get physical releases. One was the Grisaia-trilogy and the other one Root Double -Before Crime * After Days. :hmm:

On the one hand I hope so and on the other hand I don't want that to happen as the download codes I will obtain as backer-rewards won't be useful to me anymore. >_<

The Narcissu-series really has a beautiful artstyle. Still need to read all those chapters, though. But I guess that I will now wait for the physical Vita-release. :awesome:

And now I wonder if the other two Sekai-Kickstarters with Vita-ports will also get physical releases. One was the Grisaia-trilogy and the other one Root Double -Before Crime * After Days. :hmm:

On the one hand I hope so and on the other hand I don't want that to happen as the download codes I will obtain as backer-rewards won't be useful to me anymore. >_<

I don't see Grisaia getting physical version.

They did make it as one of the rewards so it would be a bit weird if it suddenly became available for everyone =D

I don't see Grisaia getting physical version.

They did make it as one of the rewards so it would be a bit weird if it suddenly became available for everyone =D

The PC-physical was a reward. Vita was digital-only. It's the same as for fault, WEE or the mentioned Root Double, so it could be possible. But before they announce something like that they should at least give people an estimated release date for the games or any update regarding the Vita.

The PC-physical was a reward. Vita was digital-only. It's the same as for fault, WEE or the mentioned Root Double, so it could be possible. But before they announce something like that they should at least give people an estimated release date for the games or any update regarding the Vita.

Vita had a physical reward as well. Friend backed up the campaign and he got info about Vita physicals.

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Hijacking the thread!

Sekai Project finally close to releasing something on PS!

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/fault-milestone-one-ps4-ps-vita-root-double-ps-vita-launch-q1-2017

I know nothing about these. I take it they're pretty popular in Japan? It kinda sucks that there aren't going to be any physical copies, though. -_-