Financial Year Backlog Challenge Thing

How about you owned an Xperia Play back in the day when it wasn't a dinosaur, and then it dropped like 10 centimetres and cracked the screen, then you found a guy who could repair it, who wanted 100 to do that, or 140 for a whole new phone, so you buy the new one then a couple of months later you realize it's a lemon because the touch screen goes skitz on you and you just deal with it for a while until San Andreas goes mobile in late 2013 so you buy an old iPhone 4S so you can play that and then you trade it for more than you bought it for because you were banking on EB doing another 70% extra trade value thing again and they did and then you buy you're delicious Nexus 5 that you love and then after a couple of years of great use with that phone you manage to get the cracked Xperia to turn on again (neither one would turn on after a few months without use and you assumed them dead) and you love it so the girlfriend convinces you to buy a new one because a guy on eBay has it for cheap and then you do and then like a week later he wanted like 3 times the price and you got pretty lucky? Is that okay or? :P

I only mentioned it as in, even if people are allowed to buy hardware, they should still be conservative (or reasonable) with it, and not start to buy every hardware piece they find like buying for no good reason.. even if we aren't putting a limit on how much we can spend on hardware, we are still trying to save money on gaming related stuff, right? (says the guy that still hopes to get enough money and luck to order the most expensive version of P5.. if I find a retail that will send it to Portugal, other then Amazon, since I don't like their ports pricing, since it's usually stupidly high..).

I haven't bought any games yet but played solely ps+ games or some free-to-play games :D

But i use it every time i drive in a bus or metro. 2 hours minimum a day xD ... But the screen needs darker environments and it's hard to play outside while there's even a bit sunlight :(

Actually, the LCD screen of the newer Vita can get a lot brighter than the OLED screen of the old Vita. I've never had trouble seeing the screen with my newer model Vita, no matter what light conditions were present at the time.

I bought my Vita used and just for the free games as well though I have used it to play on PS4 on occasion when I had no television available and/or when I wanted to sit somewhere away from the television. I also have one with a new LCD screen, no complaints.

Even though I've entered a short period of little gaming, I think I have found my first purchase(s).

New sale:

Magrunner 50% off. I paid full price for this game on X360 and I loved it even though it was not without fault. I wanted to play it again once I gave away my X360 and was given a PS3 but I didn't feel like paying full price again, even though on PS3 it was €10 instead of the €15 on X360. It had been on sale for €5 once before and I told myself that for that price, I'd definitely get it again. Took me over a year of waiting but it's on sale now for €5 (first sale since I got my PS3)...

In other news, Psychonauts is on sale for some percentage - €6.something instead of €11. Sale price is what I'd rather see for PS2 emulation, and it's from Double Fine, and I've never played it before, and they are making a sequel... I think I have no choice here.

Quote because things changed for once. 

I've just completed SAO-HF- yesterday evening, so I've earned my 15th plat. :)

Could you please move Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (PSV) from the Currently Playing section to the Completed Games section and change it to the following?

Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment- (PSV) - completed the story and earned the platinum trophy

I'd also like you to change World of Final Fantasy (PSV) fromt he Pick-Ups section to World of Warcraft: Legion (PC).

• Like 1

Time for a big Update  :) 

Lb602bc.png

100% in Crysis 3 obtained... i liked the game especially because you can cloak yourself <3 ... on highest difficutly i evaded like most of the enemies, on lower difficulties i killed them if needed for any nanosuit upgrade needed (with air stomp, power kick kill or melee kill etc)... mp is a totally different story though... killing invisible enemies? :huh: Impossible for me :( ... boosting wasn't easy because people joined our public lobbies regularly... getting the dlc mp trophies was much easier because so few people have this stuff, that they even joined our boosting session after entering it xD

L3f3743.png

Together with Steva24 i boosting all mp trophies in Tomb Raider within a few days... it's not completed totally, but heaped a good amount of trophies :D

Next Singleplayer content is Sleeping Dogs, while Red Dead Redemption shall be finished online :)

Currently Playing

Fat Princess: Piece of Cake - 5/13 (25%)

Project Cars - 8/45 (14%)

Red Dead Redemption - 5/91 (5%)

Sleeping Dogs 51/60 (75%)

Games to be played next

Bioshock - 9/66 (10%)

Bioshock 2 - 46/69 (63%)

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - 7/34 (13%)

Grand Theft Auto 5 (PS3) - 40/59 (66%)

Tomb Raider 37/51 --> 45/51 77% --> 92%)

Games completed so far

:platinum:Crysis 3 - 61/61

:platinum: Dante's Inferno - 55/55

:platinum: Dragon's Crown - 49/49

:platinum:Ether One - 13/13

:platinum: Metro Last Light (PS3) - 71/71

:platinum: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal (Vita) - 56/56

:platinum:Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal (PS3) - 56/56

:platinum: Sound Shapes (PS4) - 89/89

Life is Strange - 12/61 (18%)

Probably buying

Virtue's Last Reward

Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition

Project Cars GOTY

Bought already

Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition + Bioshock Infinite 3€

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 6,20€

Resident Evil 0 HD (PS4) + DMC HD Collection (PS3) 0€

DLC bought already

Playstaton All-Stars Battle Royal - Fearless 1,59€

Outlast - The Whistleblower 3,27€

Sleeping Dogs: Year of the Snake + Nightmare in North Point 12,08€

I haven't gamed at all since monday. I'm being a bit inactive these days in gaming and on the forum. It's a combination of mood, warm weather, having gamed a lot in the past weeks/months and having a lot of other stuff I want to do - for instance yesterday I went to the zoo and afterwards to the cinema so I wasn't home at all. It's just a phase though, it's not like I'll quit altogether. I'll probably start gaming more a few weeks from now, come october I have more spare time and the weather won't be as nice as it is now so I'll be inside more with less to do.

I think I'll actually do some gaming today, most likely at least Journey. I'll post a big update at the end of the day when I know what I've actually played.

Games Update :) :) :)

Sleeping-Dogs-definitive-edition-final.j

I already completed Sleeping Dogs to 100% :D ... playing both DLCs was fun, but they really are story focused... there are a few sidequests and collectibles in both chapters but they hardly matter... just for a trophy each xD  ... Trouble in North Point was better because of the Antagonist who was visible often and made many jokes of Wei Shen :P:D ...ok, in Year of the Snake Wei acts a bit more like a cop in doing low level cop jobs (he wasn't happy about that though  xD) and i liked it that you could capture almost every villain with handcuffs (summoned out of thin air  :huh:  :D)... had to grind a few min after story ended for all medalls on gold in TiNP, but was relieved to see that these medalls aren't trophy related in YotS :P ...

RedDeadRedemption-Screenshot-1.jpg.pages

Besides that i obtained quite a few online trophies in Read Dead Redemption :) ... yesterday was a boosting session for Posse Up and Kingpin and i cleared 1 of 5 coop missions and got 5 more trophies  :D  (i.e. for completed, no one died, gold medall for completed) and today i used a glitch to reach Lv 50 within an hour xD

Played a few more levels in Fat Princess - Piece of Cake within the last days... mostly when i'm driving in a bus back and forth :D ... slowly progressing so i can level up my army against the enemy's one... 

I really like this one, because it's a good mixture of Bejeweled and some Action RPG game... but you see every min that this game obliges you to buy something... after completing a level you can win a prize from a slot machine... but only 1 of 3 slots are active... for the 2nd and 3rd you have to pay :angry: ... i won't do that :P ... as much as i like paying for stuff (look at my dlc bought already section below xD) i restrain myself from buying stuff within a game just to get more progress  :P

´Just continued with Kingdom's of Amalur a few hours ago... glad to see my save was backed up, can jump to 18 hours played before :D ... i've added this to the Fall Backlog Challenge as well as Bye Bye Backlog Challenge so this should be among my next 100% completed games soon :)

Currently Playing

Fat Princess: Piece of Cake - 5/13 --> 6/13 (25% --> 30%)

Kingdom's of Amalur: Reckoning - 8/62 (8%)

Project Cars - 8/45 --> 9/45 (14% --> 15%)

Red Dead Redemption - 5/91 --> 19/91 (5% --> 19%)

Games to be played next

Bioshock - 9/66 (10%)

Bioshock 2 - 46/69 (63%)

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - 7/34 (13%)

Grand Theft Auto 5 (PS3) - 40/59 (66%)

Tomb Raider - 45/51 (92%)

Games completed so far

:platinum:Crysis 3 - 61/61

:platinum: Dante's Inferno - 55/55

:platinum: Dragon's Crown - 49/49

:platinum:Ether One - 13/13

:platinum: Metro Last Light (PS3) - 71/71

:platinum: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal (Vita) - 56/56

:platinum: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal (PS3) - 56/56

:platinum: Sleeping Dogs 60/60

Life is Strange - 12/61 (18%)

Probably buying

Virtue's Last Reward

Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition

Project Cars GOTY

Bought already

Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition + Bioshock Infinite 3€

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 6,20€

Resident Evil 0 HD (PS4) + DMC HD Collection (PS3) 0€

DLC bought already

Playstaton All-Stars Battle Royal - Fearless 1,59€

Outlast - The Whistleblower 3,27€

Sleeping Dogs: Year of the Snake + Nightmare in North Point 12,08€

Edited by Evil_Joker88

Well, time for a quick update.. I will try to eventually post the big one with formation, but I'm feeling sleepy...

Anyway this week I finished Lost Dimension as well as played and 100% the 3 Doodle games on PS3 that were free a few weeks ago, along with the NBA 2K17 Prologue thing while just trophy hunting easy things.. I had planned to also add Journey, Vessel and The Swapper to this trophy hunt session, but I'm to sleepy to enjoy slow pace/puzzle oriented stuff, so I will leave those 3 for later.. probably sometime this week.

I also played a bit more or Resogun, but got nowhere, best multiplyer is still only around 13x and the 2 times I was doing really well, I end up dying or losing the multiplyer in 1 of the last waves before the boss show up..

I also bought something that I shouldn't by influence of a friend... got NFS Rivals from the current PSN store sale for PS3 (€7.99)...

I think that's all for this week..

As for the update of the 1st post:

Move from Currently playing to Completed Games: Lost Dimension

Add to Games Played: The Swapper, Need For Speed: Rivals (PS3)

Add to Completed Games: Doodle Kingdom (PS3), Doodle God (PS3), Doodle Evil (PS3) and NBS 2K17

Add to Cave-ins: Need For Speed: Rivals (PS3) - €7.99

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Alright, I know I've been doing particularly terribly with these at the moment, but I'm gonna be doing them again tomorrow, and then that's actually my last class for the year apparently, so I'll probably just then go back to updating the post whenever I see it. 

So anyway, if you see this and can be bothered reposting your updated stats after this post for me tomorrow, that would be swell, if not, I'll go digging on my own, cheers guys!

Alright, I know I've been doing particularly terribly with these at the moment, but I'm gonna be doing them again tomorrow, and then that's actually my last class for the year apparently, so I'll probably just then go back to updating the post whenever I see it. 

So anyway, if you see this and can be bothered reposting your updated stats after this post for me tomorrow, that would be swell, if not, I'll go digging on my own, cheers guys!

Here goes... This is everything I played since my last update, which was a little over a week ago. Didn't play anything after monday until yesterday when I did Datura, and I did Journey today.

I decided I'm not going to buy Magrunner and Psychonauts by the way, at least not right now. I'm going to be a good boy and buy as little as possible, if I end up going for VR then I'm spending enough as it is anyway.

Game Update

L7a3706.png

Played a couple of hours, earning three trophies in the process. By far the weirdest was when I apparently stumbled over an easter egg cave, referencing Blood Dragon somehow... I never played that one so I only realised it when I looked it up. Don't know exactly what it is referring to but it looks weird in the middle of a Caveman game.

Opinion on the game hasn't changed. It's fun and I hope I can finish it before I get distracted by something else.

Lc70321.png

Played a bit and liked it, even though it has some faults. Stopped after the first ghost killed me since I just wanted some interactive fiction, not to beware of where I walk.

L55abac.png

What a turd of a game... I guess there was little complaining about getting this game on PS+ because either A) people didn't know anything about the game, or B) people were happy to get an easy 100% regardless of quality, or C) both. My answer is A here. I've 100%ed it, I've deleted it from my PS3 and I never want to hear anything about it ever again.

L8b243e.png

(it says JOURNEY in white letters, quote me if you don't believe it)

I really liked playing through this game today. Don't know if I'm going to 100% it yet, but I'll do a few more runthroughs at the least. Beautiful graphics, nice story and decent gameplay.

If anyone hasn't played this yet, they should really try it. It's on PS+ this month.

BILLYHORRIBLE - August 1, 2016

GAMES PLAYED THROUGH:

Ratchet&Clank (played through story)

(obtained and started 2016/8/1, finished story 2016/8/4, last played 2016/8/5)

DOOM (continued and finished story)

(obtained 2016/7/1, started 2016/7/1, last played before event 2016/7/9, continued and finished on 2016/8/7)

Mirror's Edge Catalyst (played through story)

(obtained and started on 2016/8/5, on pause for No Man's Sky 2016/8/9, continued on 2016/8/18, finished story on 2016/8/20, last played 2016/8/21)

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India (played through story)

(obtained on 2016/4/23, played first sequence on 2016/5/2, restarted on 2016/8/27, finished story on 2016/8/28)

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia (played through story)

(obtained on 2016/4/23, started on 2016/8/28, finished story on 2016/8/29)

Broken Age (played through story)

(PS+ October 2015, started 2016/3/23, last played before event 2016/4/4 (finished Vella's part of Act 1), continued 2016/8/5, on pause for No Man's Sky 2016/8/9, returned and finished on 2016/8/29)

Donkey Kong Country (played through Gorrilla Glacier, Kremkroc Industries Inc., Chimp Caverns and Gang-Plank Galleon)

(played through this game a bunch of times before. Started on game again in the months before the event, played the first three worlds. 2016/9/1 - 2016/9/3 played through the rest)

Journey (played through story)

(PS+ September 2016, played through story 2016/9/12)

GAMES 100% COMPLETED:

No Man's Sky

(obtained on 2016/8/9, platinum on 2016/8/18, last played 2016/8/18)

Assassin's Creed: Unity - Dead Kings DLC

(got the game on release in 2014, finished the story back then, platinum on 2016/4/3, restarted on Dead Kings DLC 2016/8/24, completed 2016/8/26)

MouseCraft (finished remainder of game)

(PS+ July 2015, started as part of Hemiak's pro-reducing-backlog anti-completion event July 2016, finished 2016/9/2)

The Swapper

(PS+ January 2015, played from start to finish 2016/9/3)

Datura

(PS+ September 2016, played from start to finish 2016/9/11)

ADDITIONAL GAMES PLAYED:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (post-story freeroam stuff)

(played on X360 on release in 2013, played on PS4 in August 2014, story long since finished, not part of official backlog)

Far Cry Primal (started)

(obtained on 2016/8/11, started on 2016/8/19)

LEGO Marvel's Avengers (started)

(playing with the missus, couple of levels at a time)

(obtained on 2016/7/1 when we still had Force Awakens to go through, first level played 2016/7/29)

Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter (tried to do remaining levels on hard)

(already played through the complete game but for the complete story trophy, you need alll missions on the same difficulty and I have done 6 on medium instead of hard. Game glitched at the end of the level I did on hard like it did so many times before so now I'm really done with trying, trophies are not worth such a bother)

Tomb Raider: Underworld (continued on story)

(obtained on 2016/5/22 as part of the trilogy, started on 2016/5/28, last played before event 2016/6/1, played a bit 2016/8/30)

Shütshimi (tried to get through the game again)

(PS+ April 2016, played from 2016/6/6 to 2016/6/13, played a bit again 2016/8/30)

Super Mario Kart (played through all 50cc cups and the first two 100cc cups)

(completed this game so many times during my youth I lost count. 2016/8/30 (50cc cups), 2016/08/31 (100cc Mushroom and Flower cups))

Super Mario Bros. (tried to get further in world 7)

(completed this game a bunch of times before. Played world 1-6 before the event, decided to go the hard route and did not use a warp pipe. Played 2016/9/3)

3 PURCHASED GAMES:

DLC (AUD 20 out of 20 REMAINING):

ADDITIONAL CAVE-INS:

NON-PLUS GAMES OBTAINED FOR FREE:

traded: game from before event -> Ratchet & Clank -> Mirror's Edge Catalyst -> Star Wars Battlefront & Assassin's Creed Unity

traded: game from before event -> Witcher 3

traded: game from before event -> Far Cry Primal

GAMES PRE-ORDERED BEFORE STARTING EVENT:

No Man's Sky LE (paid €0 for it, completely bought by trading in other games)

South Park: The Fractured But Whole CE

Horizon Zero Dawn CE

BACKLOG AT 2016/08/01

PS4 12 games and 19 free games

PS3 10 games and 29 free games

VITA 0 games and 10 free games

SNES 22 games

CURRENT BACKLOG:

PS4 9 games and 17 free games   -5

PS3 10 games and 29 free games -0

VITA 0 games and 11 free games  +1

SNES 21 games                             -1

CURRENT EXPENSES:

$0.00

LAST UPDATE:

2016/9/12

Edited by BillyHorrible

SYIARIS

Games Played:

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth [PC]

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood [PS3]

Bathory: The Bloody Countess [Android]

Games Beaten:

*The Sims 3: Pets [PS3] - 0% 98%

*Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves [PS3] - 79% 98%

Pick-ups:

1. Pokemon Sun or Moon [3DS]

DLC ($20):

-

Free stuff/PS+:

Great Secrets: Da Vinci [PC]

Normality [PC]

Shadow Warrior Classic [PC]

Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown + Myths of the World: Spirit Wolf + Bathory: The Bloody Countess + Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection [Android]
Pure Pool [PC]
Goocubelets 2 [PC]

Lexica [PC]

Had a nice week of migraines, so I haven't really done anything. Don't feel like continuing anything in progress at the moment, just need to decide what to start... :hmm:

Edited by SyIaris

GAMES COMPLETED

Grim Fandango - platinum’d

Gravity Rush - story beaten

Uncharted 2 - platinum'd

GAMES PLAYING

Minecraft

Uncharted 4

No Man's Sky

Black Ops 3

Demon's Souls

Thomas Was Alone

PLANNED PICK-UPS

Abzu

No Man’s Sky

MISSIONS FAILED

Nothing… yet.

Here ya go!  Thanks for you story about CoD, btw, it was very entertaining. I loved the MW2/3 campaigns a lot too, so no worries! :P

Could you please move Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (PSV) from the Currently Playing section to the Completed Games section and change it to the following?

Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment- (PSV) - completed the story and earned the platinum trophy

I'd also like you to change World of Final Fantasy (PSV) fromt he Pick-Ups section to World of Warcraft: Legion (PC).

-----------

I didn't really play that much in the last few weeks, mostly because reallife is hard, but I did play a bit of Minecraft and I leveled some more characters in WoW to level 20, which is the highest level you can get to without paying. I'll probably play Legion to death once I can finally get that on my birthday, which is 15 days from now. Everyone's enjoying the expansion and I didn't manage to find a single negative review. Even the guys who were sceptical were positively surprised, so it's pretty hard to wait for the game. Well, it's not like I really have a choice, so whatever...

Edited by xFalionx

Guess it's time for another update again, gonna try to make this one quick even though I've got a decent amount of progress to talk about:

• Got quite a few things finished off since getting back in the city, starting with 100%ing Skyrim, which I'm now glad to be done with after the grind I did just to fight a stupid dragon. Also started and finished the NBA 2K17 demo thing, wasn't too bad of a demo (2 years in a row with a stupid MyCareer player name though, at least Mr. President isn't as stupid as Freq) though I know I won't be getting 2K17 this year since I rarely get sports games in back-to-back years. Also beat the Lakers RTTF in 4 straight games in 2K16, moved onto the Pistons one now and I'm currently in round 2, up 2-0 on the Bucks.
  • Finally made my first pickup, as I went and got my pre-ordered copy of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X hours after getting back in. Haven't put too much time in yet since I'm still trying to finish F 2nd, but I've thoroughly enjoyed the game so far, not sure how much I like the diva room changes and the friendship grind that looms for each Vocaloid, but at least I don't need to hit 39 technical zones in "I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals)" in this game (still rotted about how many times I had to play that song)...
  • Bye Bye Backlog games update: Made alot of progress in Grim Fandango, finished off Year 2 and planning on resuming Year 3 sometime in the next few days. Also got a couple trophies in Echochrome (still have alot left to do though) and finished Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.
  • Got another game added to my list in AdVenture Capitalist, but it was totally free (I swear!). Not much of a game in the traditional sense, more of a mobile game where you have to leave it for awhile and check back in to collect your money and upgrade. Not normally a fan of these games, but I'll take some free trophies :D.

Ratchet2425:

Currently Playing:

Games played at beginning of event (In no particular order) (% completed before July 1st, % currently completed, date game was started, (additional information)):

Hyperdimension Neptunia: 32%. 45%. March 14th, 2016.

Tales of Graces f: 11%. 14%. ~October 5th, 2015.

Tales of Xillia 2: 24%. 25%. ~October 24th, 2014. (Unsure of exact start, was likely closer to November as I wanted to complete Xillia 1's story first)

Metal Gear Solid 2: 77%. 78%. September 13th, 2014.

Metal Gear Solid 3: 15%. 15%. November 8th, 2015.

Dragon Age II: 39%. 43%. October 18th, 2013. (Base game only)

Heavy Rain: 42%. 51%. October 3rd, 2014.

Beyond: Two Souls: 36%. 36%. September 5th, 2014.

Dynasty Warriors 7: 34%. 37%. November 21st, 2015.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd: 29%. 81%. September 13th, 2015.

Mass Effect 2: 89% base, 85% overall. 89% base, 85% overall. September 14th, 2014

• Zaeed: The Price of Revenge: 100%. 100%. September 14th, 2014. (Finished Already, listed here to show I have all the DLC)
  • Arrival: 0%. 0%. March 19th, 2016 (Bought on this date, is installed but haven't started yet)

Ratchet Deadlocked: 3%. 9%. May 29th, 2016.

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault: 15%. 15%. May 28th, 2016.

Jak 3: 58%. 58%. February 2nd, 2013.

Sonic Adventure: 43% base, 30% overall. 52% base, 36% overall. July 22nd, 2015

• Sonic Adventure DX: 0%. 0%. July 22nd, 2015.

Final Fantasy X HD: 9%. 9%. July 24th, 2015.

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered 0%. 7%. May 17th, 2016.

Rock Band 4: 8%. 41%. June 29th, 2016.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus: 20%. 29%. March 19th, 2016.

Uncharted 2: 26%. 26%. September 8th, 2012.

Uncharted 1 Remastered: 9%. 9%. December 26th, 2015.

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: 88%. 88%. May 5th, 2009.

Games started in July 2016 (% completed, date game was purchased, (additional information)):

Assassins Creed III: 5%. June 2nd, 2016. (Base Game only)

Sonic Adventure 2: 5%. June 27th, 2015. (Base Game only)

Echochrome: 9%. June 19th, 2016. 

Games started/added in September 2016 (% completed, date game was purchased, (additional information)):

Grim Fandango Remastered: 51%. January 10th, 2016.

Journey: 0%. September 7th, 2016

Super Stardust HD: 0%. June 2016? (will confirm this date once PSN comes back online)

Broforce: 4%. March 4th, 2016.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X: 5%. September 4th, 2016.

AdVenture Capitalist: 9%. September 7th, 2016.

Completed Games: (Date Started, Date Finished, Time Taken)

Gone Home: June 27th 2016, July 2nd 2016, 5 Days, 2 Hours

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: January 6th, 2012, July 31st, 2016. 4 Years, 7 Months, 1 Week, 1 Day, 20 Hours (100%)

Driveclub: January 15th, 2016, August 31st, 2016. 7 months, 2 weeks, 1 day (100% Completion)

NBA 2k17: The Prelude: September 10th, 2016, September 11th, 2016. 15 hours, 15 minutes (Spent more time sleeping than playing :P)

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon: December 4th, 2015, September 12th, 2016. 9 Months, 1 Week, 2 Days.

Pick-ups:

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (PS4) (Picked Up)
Tales of Berseria (PS4)

Darkest Dungeon (PS4)

Games bought because I'm a bitch and couldn't hold out

None, Yet...

DLC Allowance

None, hopefully it stays this way

Current Overall Spendings: $0.00

Lots to update, but I'm sure we'll get through it. First, the stuff I said last time that needed updating (minus the game I completed):

Here's the summary of changes for you Spidey, whenever you get around to it. First, the following games need to be added to the Currently playing section:

• Grim Fandango Remastered
  • Journey
  • Super Stardust HD
  • Broforce

After that, Driveclub needs to be moved from currently playing to completed. When you do, can you also put 100% in brackets next to it? Thanks Spidey :)

So besides those, I noticed Skyrim wasn't on my completed list anymore, could you put that back in as completed, put 100% in like for Driveclub and remove the entry in Currently playing? Next, NBA 2K17: The Prelude and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon need to be added to Completed Games as well, no special tags for them though. Now, I'm not sure how you want to treat our pickups, but you can put Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X in Currently Playing as well and I guess just mark the one in my pickups as being picked up. Lastly, AdVenture Capitalist also needs to be added to Currently playing (if you can call doing things in this game "Playing"). Thanks Spidey :)

Being a cool kid again and quoting like everyone else.

Journey is good

I might give it a go some time, since Jessie has PS+ and she's left her account on my system as a main so I can play online, I may as well play the game since she won't. If I find it boring though, I blame you, and not the years of hype around it that would lead to me probably being disappointed even if the main character in the game jumped out of the tele and blew me.

Had a nice week of migraines, so I haven't really done anything. Don't feel like continuing anything in progress at the moment, just need to decide what to start... :hmm:

Like, genuine migraines or you've just been stressed out and hyperbolizing? If the former, good luck with that man, shit sucks.

Thanks for you story about CoD, btw, it was very entertaining. I loved the MW2/3 campaigns a lot too, so no worries! :P

Call of Duty 2 has been made backwards compatible on Xbox One recently and I'm not sure if I want to jump back in or not. All I have left is veteran mode for the 1000GS but like, CoD is from the days when shooters were actually still a little challenging and hard mode might rip my balls off, and I don't really like the game enough for that.

I didn't really play that much in the last few weeks, mostly because reallife is hard, but I did play a bit of Minecraft and I leveled some more characters in WoW to level 20, which is the highest level you can get to without paying. I'll probably play Legion to death once I can finally get that on my birthday, which is 15 days from now. Everyone's enjoying the expansion and I didn't manage to find a single negative review. Even the guys who were sceptical were positively surprised, so it's pretty hard to wait for the game. Well, it's not like I really have a choice, so whatever...

Live to win, 'til you die!

NBA 2Kwhateveryearthisis has trophies/chivos.

I got the 1000GS on that sucker last night while doing homework. Could not be bothered playing, bored me after five minutes (makes sense since I don't play any NBA games outside of OG NBA Jam), so I just left it running while working. I love the idea of demos having trophy lists, but holy shit did that game not deserve a full 1000GS, not that I'm complaining... wouldn't bother myself for the 315 trophy points it offers though, not worth the download alone I reckon, but if you like the games then it's probably pretty dope.

YOU'VE ALL BEEN UPDATED, YO

My update now. 

Vice City on Xperia Play, been slogging through that when I have a few minutes here and there. Nearing the end of that one, gotta love that game.
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga on 360 is my next target for 1000GS and I reckon with TAFE being over I'll hit that in a week or two tops.
NBA 2K17 over in Xbox land comes with a full 1000GS so I knocked that one out last night while doing some homework which was pretty great. 
Spider-Man 1 and 2 on PS1 I've been doing on the ePSXe emulator for Xperia as well, they're always a blast.
Crash Bandicoot is built into the Xperia Play and an official Sony port (no copying or emulating required here) and I'm on the third island of that sucker too.
  • Like 1

I might give it a go some time, since Jessie has PS+ and she's left her account on my system as a main so I can play online, I may as well play the game since she won't. If I find it boring though, I blame you, and not the years of hype around it that would lead to me probably being disappointed even if the main character in the game jumped out of the tele and blew me.

Did you think Flower was boring? If so, you'll probably think Journey is boring as well, though a bit more is happening in it than in Flower.

It has beautiful graphics, a good soundtrack and a nice story open to interpretation, that's enough to keep me satisfied.

Did you think Flower was boring? If so, you'll probably think Journey is boring as well, though a bit more is happening in it than in Flower.

It has beautiful graphics, a good soundtrack and a nice story open to interpretation, that's enough to keep me satisfied.

Never played it. Was intending on buying the 3 pack of J, F, and Flow or whatever it was called, but probably not gonna any time soon so.

Like, I'm down for a chill kind of "trippy" (as someone explained it at school today) game for a bit, I just hope it's good and not just some artsy thing that everyone praises because they want to fit into some stupid crowd.

Like, genuine migraines or you've just been stressed out and hyperbolizing? If the former, good luck with that man, shit sucks.

Journey is... relaxing, mainly. It's definitely not an action game.

Genuine migraines. I'm confused why there were so many in a row; usually I only get 1-2 a month. Just stiff now, though, 'sall good.  :)

I'd think the controls in Flow/Flower would add a layer that Journey doesn't have... though one's opinion on said controls could certainly go either way.

Nice job on 100%ing Datura, after playing five minutes or so... I imagine it was a very long two hours.

Never played it. Was intending on buying the 3 pack of J, F, and Flow or whatever it was called, but probably not gonna any time soon so.

Like, I'm down for a chill kind of "trippy" (as someone explained it at school today) game for a bit, I just hope it's good and not just some artsy thing that everyone praises because they want to fit into some stupid crowd.

I would not call it trippy, I think.

I've publicly raged about the faults in Gone Home, Never Alone, No Man's Sky and Datura while I've defended games like Assassin's Creed, Octodad and LEGO games so I think we can all agree that I like what I like and an artsy edge can't fool me if the rest of a game is lacking.

I liked Journey because I played it and liked it, just like Unravel, Murasaki Baby, The Swapper and Thomas Was Alone. Being artsy has nothing to do with it, though I do admit that I like developers who try something different from the mainstream expectations ever so often. I like the big loud AAA games as well (Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, Grand Theft Auto) but I do feel like I want an alternative experience ever so often, which is what the Journey developers keep giving with every game they make. In that regard, Journey comes much closer to being a standard game than Flower and flOw did.

I'd think the controls in Flow/Flower would add a layer that Journey doesn't have... though one's opinion on said controls could certainly go either way.

Nice job on 100%ing Datura, after playing five minutes or so... I imagine it was a very long two hours.

I understood that the controls were what made flOw and Flower be flOw and Flower, but I did not mind that Journey had more classic controls. Right at the start when I had to tilt my controller to move the camera, I was very glad to immediately find out that I could use  :r3: as well.

14.34 in the DLC bank remaining.

Arkham Knight season pass is on sale for 14.97.

Sheeeeeeeeeeet.

... Is it wrong that my first thought was to convince a friend who loves Bats to buy the season pass and also put it on my machine? I mean. Sort of?

Duke 3D is apparently available for preorder on the PSN store here. All the info I could previously find was that it was 20 bucks on Steam in USA, which then I figured that 20 is a third of the average retail price and the average retail price in America is 60, but here it's about 90/100 so I guessed it'd be about 30 and lo and behold, it's 29.95. I'll be preordering that sucker in a few days (it comes with a Duke 3D PS4 theme and as long as it's digital only and I want it day one, I may as well get the freebie) ... but here's the question that I'm amazed I didn't run into sooner...

I buy most of my PSN stuff with rewards points from surveys I do online. Five / ten minutes of surveys here and there's 10 bucks on my account, since starting this thing I've mostly used that money for free pizzas from the site (there's a list of places you can spend the money) but when I grab Duke 3D, I'll be grabbing it with these rewards points that cost me nothing. I'm counting it as money spent anyway, just to not be a dick, especially when the missus has grabbed me a couple games as well that I don't feel too good about (in relation to this thing, the games are dope) and anyway, what would any of you guys think of that? Count it as money spent, count it as something else, include in the overall spend but not cave ins or whatever, what damn you!

Journey - Don't Stop Believin'

I'll give it a crack sometime soon when I have some free time. How long would you say it is to complete the main story? I wouldn't mind burning through it, but don't have hours to kill at a time, eventually the baby wakes up after all.

Also Lego Marvel is on sale for 5 bucks on the Xbox Store for Xbone and I'm trying to fight the urge to throw five bucks down on another copy of probably the best Spider-Man game since Edge of Time.

while I've defended games like Assassin's Creed, Octodad and LEGO games

Who can say anything bad about Octodad?! Omg!

So as you all probably know, Overwatch was free just this past weekend, and I'm trying very very hard to not buy it, but I honestly had a blast. And then, Ubisoft officially announced the Ezio trilogy collection, which I feel terrible about because they're basically charging 60 bucks for three PS3 ports. ...Which I'm going to buy anyway, and be disgusted with myself. What a dilemma!

Ubisoft officially announced the Ezio trilogy collection, which I feel terrible about because they're basically charging 60 bucks for three PS3 ports. ...Which I'm going to buy anyway, and be disgusted with myself. What a dilemma!

Yeah, but 20 bucks for each game re-released and slightly updated (with all DLC and shit too I hope and assume) isn't all that bad, I'd be down for that if I loved the games...it's certainly better than the 23 bucks they're asking for the majority of the PS2 games ported over to PS4 and they don't even have any extra DLC or *actual* visual upgrades, and in some cases even feature removed content. Plus the Ezio thingy is on disc, so you can hold it in your hands and shit. I'm not defending re-releases or anything here, just slamming the god awful setup they have with the PS2 games on PS4 here.

MY FIRST PICK-UP HAS BEEN PICKED UP

Well, preordered anyway, paid for entirely by reward points from an online survey site, I love getting free shit. Also, this is kind of actually fitting to follow Ghost's post about re-releases. If you want the game but don't want to support their shit, do surveys, stack the moneys, and get it for free. Getting that thirty bucks literally took me about half an hour or so today, I mean, granted I got a lot more surveys today than usual weirdly, but the point is still the same, this shit is way too easy, but they want people surveyed, I want free shit, they don't have to pay me much, everyone wins.

Screenshot_2016_09_15_at_19_27_05.png

I just started playing South Park: The Stick of Truth and it's a lot of fun. :)

So as you all probably know, Overwatch was free just this past weekend, and I'm trying very very hard to not buy it, but I honestly had a blast. And then, Ubisoft officially announced the Ezio trilogy collection, which I feel terrible about because they're basically charging 60 bucks for three PS3 ports. ...Which I'm going to buy anyway, and be disgusted with myself. What a dilemma!

Actually, I didn't know about that free weekend. Can't be too sad about that, though as my PC does have quite some difficulties running the game. I got to try it when there was like a free week before the game was released but I classified it as one of the games I'll play once they turn free to play or when I can get it for like 15€. It's not really worth more than that in my eyes.

Yeah, but 20 bucks for each game re-released and slightly updated (with all DLC and shit too I hope and assume) isn't all that bad, I'd be down for that if I loved the games...it's certainly better than the 23 bucks they're asking for the majority of the PS2 games ported over to PS4 and they don't even have any extra DLC or *actual* visual upgrades, and in some cases even feature removed content. Plus the Ezio thingy is on disc, so you can hold it in your hands and shit. I'm not defending re-releases or anything here, just slamming the god awful setup they have with the PS2 games on PS4 here.

MY FIRST PICK-UP HAS BEEN PICKED UP

Well, preordered anyway, paid for entirely by reward points from an online survey site, I love getting free shit. Also, this is kind of actually fitting to follow Ghost's post about re-releases. If you want the game but don't want to support their shit, do surveys, stack the moneys, and get it for free. Getting that thirty bucks literally took me about half an hour or so today, I mean, granted I got a lot more surveys today than usual weirdly, but the point is still the same, this shit is way too easy, but they want people surveyed, I want free shit, they don't have to pay me much, everyone wins.

Since I got the AC Heritage Collection for 20€, which contains the first 5 games, so everything up to and including AC3, I can't really understand anyone paying that much for a single one of them. I mean sure it's on PS4 and all that stuff but the AC games still look pretty damn magnificent on the PS3 and the Heritage Collection is one of those nice disk titles, so that's no issue either. It's actually so much content that I burnt out somewhere in Brotherhood and still need to finish that. :P That's a lot of content for 20€.

What website do you use for that? All the survey sites I know of don't really reward you more than like 1€ or 2€ per hour, which isn't really worth it. I'd really like to know of a place that actually has an acceptable money reward.

Also, regarding your question about that kind of money, if you want to do it like BillyHorrible, I guess the game should still count as a pick-up or as spent DLC money but if you have a stat of you overall money spent, you wouldn't have to note that there since you basically didn't lose any money by buying the game. I guess it would be similar to situations where someone gifts you a PSN card or something like that. 

I'll give it a crack sometime soon when I have some free time. How long would you say it is to complete the main story? I wouldn't mind burning through it, but don't have hours to kill at a time, eventually the baby wakes up after all.

I guess the main story could be completed in an hour or two if you don't get distracted.

Who can say anything bad about Octodad?! Omg!

I just started playing South Park: The Stick of Truth and it's a lot of fun. :)

Actually, I didn't know about that free weekend. Can't be too sad about that, though as my PC does have quite some difficulties running the game. I got to try it when there was like a free week before the game was released but I classified it as one of the games I'll play once they turn free to play or when I can get it for like 15€. It's not really worth more than that in my eyes.

Since I got the AC Heritage Collection for 20€, which contains the first 5 games, so everything up to and including AC3, I can't really understand anyone paying that much for a single one of them. I mean sure it's on PS4 and all that stuff but the AC games still look pretty damn magnificent on the PS3 and the Heritage Collection is one of those nice disk titles, so that's no issue either. It's actually so much content that I burnt out somewhere in Brotherhood and still need to finish that. :P That's a lot of content for 20€.

[...]

Also, regarding your question about that kind of money, if you want to do it like BillyHorrible, I guess the game should still count as a pick-up or as spent DLC money but if you have a stat of you overall money spent, you wouldn't have to note that there since you basically didn't lose any money by buying the game. I guess it would be similar to situations where someone gifts you a PSN card or something like that.

Octodad: I think it's awesome, it's a love it or hate it situation though.

Stick Of Truth: I loved it, enjoy! Played through it three times already and will do a fourth one on PS4.

Assassin's Creed: I love the series and will definitely get the Ezio trilogy but it's not a TLOU-class renaster, sadly. I'll get it somewhere down the line, used for half the price. It seems there will be a collector's edition... combining it with an Ezio bust that has already been out for a while. Ouch.

Paying for games: My first game has been bought today I pre-ordered Rise Of The Tomb Raider. There's a pre-order sale, traded in two PS4 games so I only have to pay €17. My money stat will remain at zero though since that €17 has been taken out of the money I got for No Man's Sky (which I obtained by trading in a load of games). I could have gotten the same game-trade-for-pre-order discount on the collector's edition but I did not think that Lara statuette was awesome enough.

It's a bit of a creative trading process, but I still have not spent a dime :)

Game Update

I have started on Amnesia: Memories but I can't really say much about it yet, I want to know where this weird story is headed first. Would have been nice if I had been informed I was playing a girl before I was asked to type a name, the poor thing is now called Billy-san...

BILLYHORRIBLE - August 1, 2016

GAMES PLAYED THROUGH:

Ratchet&Clank (played through story)

(obtained and started 2016/8/1, finished story 2016/8/4, last played 2016/8/5)

DOOM (continued and finished story)

(obtained 2016/7/1, started 2016/7/1, last played before event 2016/7/9, continued and finished on 2016/8/7)

Mirror's Edge Catalyst (played through story)

(obtained and started on 2016/8/5, on pause for No Man's Sky 2016/8/9, continued on 2016/8/18, finished story on 2016/8/20, last played 2016/8/21)

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India (played through story)

(obtained on 2016/4/23, played first sequence on 2016/5/2, restarted on 2016/8/27, finished story on 2016/8/28)

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia (played through story)

(obtained on 2016/4/23, started on 2016/8/28, finished story on 2016/8/29)

Broken Age (played through story)

(PS+ October 2015, started 2016/3/23, last played before event 2016/4/4 (finished Vella's part of Act 1), continued 2016/8/5, on pause for No Man's Sky 2016/8/9, returned and finished on 2016/8/29)

Donkey Kong Country (played through Gorrilla Glacier, Kremkroc Industries Inc., Chimp Caverns and Gang-Plank Galleon)

(played through this game a bunch of times before. Started on game again in the months before the event, played the first three worlds. 2016/9/1 - 2016/9/3 played through the rest)

Journey (played through story)

(PS+ September 2016, played through story 2016/9/12)

GAMES 100% COMPLETED:

No Man's Sky

(obtained on 2016/8/9, platinum on 2016/8/18, last played 2016/8/18)

Assassin's Creed: Unity - Dead Kings DLC

(got the game on release in 2014, finished the story back then, platinum on 2016/4/3, restarted on Dead Kings DLC 2016/8/24, completed 2016/8/26)

MouseCraft (finished remainder of game)

(PS+ July 2015, started as part of Hemiak's pro-reducing-backlog anti-completion event July 2016, finished 2016/9/2)

The Swapper

(PS+ January 2015, played from start to finish 2016/9/3)

Datura

(PS+ September 2016, played from start to finish 2016/9/11)

ADDITIONAL GAMES PLAYED:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (post-story freeroam stuff)

(played on X360 on release in 2013, played on PS4 in August 2014, story long since finished, not part of official backlog)

Far Cry Primal (started)

(obtained on 2016/8/11, started on 2016/8/19)

LEGO Marvel's Avengers (started)

(playing with the missus, couple of levels at a time)

(obtained on 2016/7/1 when we still had Force Awakens to go through, first level played 2016/7/29)

Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter (tried to do remaining levels on hard)

(already played through the complete game but for the complete story trophy, you need alll missions on the same difficulty and I have done 6 on medium instead of hard. Game glitched at the end of the level I did on hard like it did so many times before so now I'm really done with trying, trophies are not worth such a bother)

Tomb Raider: Underworld (continued on story)

(obtained on 2016/5/22 as part of the trilogy, started on 2016/5/28, last played before event 2016/6/1, played a bit 2016/8/30)

Shütshimi (tried to get through the game again)

(PS+ April 2016, played from 2016/6/6 to 2016/6/13, played a bit again 2016/8/30)

Super Mario Kart (played through all 50cc cups and the first two 100cc cups)

(completed this game so many times during my youth I lost count. 2016/8/30 (50cc cups), 2016/08/31 (100cc Mushroom and Flower cups))

Super Mario Bros. (tried to get further in world 7)

(completed this game a bunch of times before. Played world 1-6 before the event, decided to go the hard route and did not use a warp pipe. Played 2016/9/3)

Amnesia: Memories

(PS+ September 2016, started 2016/9/15)

3 PURCHASED GAMES:

Rise Of The Tomb Raider

DLC (AUD 20 out of 20 REMAINING):

ADDITIONAL CAVE-INS:

NON-PLUS GAMES OBTAINED FOR FREE:

traded: game from before event -> Ratchet & Clank -> Mirror's Edge Catalyst -> Star Wars Battlefront & Assassin's Creed Unity

traded: game from before event -> Witcher 3

traded: game from before event -> Far Cry Primal

GAMES PRE-ORDERED BEFORE STARTING EVENT:

No Man's Sky LE (paid €0 for it, completely bought by trading in other games)

South Park: The Fractured But Whole CE

Horizon Zero Dawn CE

BACKLOG AT 2016/08/01

PS4 12 games and 19 free games

PS3 10 games and 29 free games

VITA 0 games and 10 free games

SNES 22 games

CURRENT BACKLOG:

PS4 9 games and 17 free games -5

PS3 10 games and 29 free games -0

VITA 0 games and 11 free games +1

SNES 21 games -1

CURRENT EXPENSES:

$0.00

LAST UPDATE:

2016/9/15

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

Don't really feel like I've been around long enough to comment, but I'd think earned credit should at least be noted.  :dunno:

SYIARIS

Games Played:

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth [PC]

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood [PS3]

Dragonvale [Android]

Games Beaten:

*The Sims 3: Pets [PS3] - 0% 98%

*Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves [PS3] - 79% 98%

Bathory: The Bloody Countess [Android] - 0% ➝ 91% (glitched)

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault [PS3] - 35% ➝ 57%

Pick-ups:

1. Pokemon Sun or Moon [3DS]

DLC ($20):

-

Free stuff/PS+:

Great Secrets: Da Vinci [PC]

Normality [PC]

Shadow Warrior Classic [PC]

Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown + Myths of the World: Spirit Wolf + Bathory: The Bloody Countess + Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection [Android]
Pure Pool [PC]
Goocubelets 2 [PC]

Lexica [PC]

The Crew [PC]

Finished up the surprisingly short random Point&Click, Bathory: The Bloody Countess. Lost access to my time when I beat it, but it was under two hours total for what should've been 100% - for some reason, the last achievement didn't unlock at the end of the game.

Only complaint is that it would've been nice to have a teleportable map like some of these do, since there was a lot of back and forth through a dozen or so maps with slowish loading times. The story was mediocre, but that seems to be the trend with these.\

Puzzles were low/mid difficulty and reasonably understandable, Hidden object scenes didn't look like the world was populated by some kind of insane kleptomaniac hoarder cult (why yes, I definitely need to find a wedge of cheese in this dusty abandoned toolshed... ooh, it's under the anchor and embroidered cat, of course!), which is always nice; tools and garden supplies in the shed, random collection-y things on the shelf in the bedroom... Some things were a little tricky to find, but that was probably my fault for having the brightness turned all the way down.

Overall, nothing stellar, but not a bad way to kill a little time.

Also beat Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, though I'll want to go back and get the rest of the trophies at some point.

Got good and stuck on the snow level's base defense bit for about a month, which sapped some enjoyment out of the game.

Turns out I just had to skip anything defensive and create a tunnel o' doom to beat it.

Reasonably fun, but I can't quite seem to get into this series, especially the first HD game. Loved Sly 1/2/4 and the first Jak, though...

Edited by SyIaris