Street Fighter 5 - Balrog Reveal Trailer + Juri and Urien tease.

Wavergray

That's BS. Make all the characters available without fight money or real money. That's the only way they should be forgiven...that and a public apology...maybe even then not.

They're trying their best to redeem themselves. Yes, they fucked up, but the game will only get better moving forward and you basically get free DLC the more you invest time into it. I don't understand the negativity tbh. 

• Like 1

That's BS. Make all the characters available without fight money or real money. That's the only way they should be forgiven...that and a public apology...maybe even then not.

As of right now all four of the DLC characters are easily gained by just playing the game for a while. Capcom told people ahead of time how this game's content was going to work, so they have no reason to apologize. If people are still mad because they didn't do some very basic research back in February that's their problem.

Beginner's Route/Guide - No Hard/Extreme Survival or Online Play Needed

Fight Money is the in-game currency used for unlocking content. I will focus on just the base 16 characters and outline how you can gain enough money to unlock characters without ever touching Hard or Extreme Mode. I will also list the amounts given by those modes as well. *Please remember that while you don't need PlayStation plus for this, you still need to be connected to the internet to unlock FM*

This outlines how much FM you will receive if you play with ONE character starting from level 1. Using this guide, each character will be brought from level 1 to level 19 allowing you to acquire 19,000FM and 12,500FM from doing Beginner content for a total of 31,500FM.

If you do this with each of the original 16 characters, you will have a total of 504, 000FM! That's enough for 5 of the 6 DLC characters. Playing with any of the DLC characters, will grant you an extra 31,500FM. FOllow this tutorial to get all 6.

No matter what order you decide to play the content listed below, you will end up with the same results. PHEW. Now that that's over...:

RULE: Every time a character levels up, you will receive 1000FM. Without ever touching Hard/Extreme Survival or going online, your character will be at level 19 by the end of this glorious Beginner's Journey. You may take your character beyond level 19. I don't know if there is a level cap, but 19 is not where they stop, it's just where my guide stops.

NOTHING IS FARMABLE, except winning online and whenever Capcom releases Daily Targets

----------------------

!!START!!

1.Story Mode -

Completing Story Mode will grant you 2000FM per character playthrough.

You will level from 1 to 8 granting you a total lvl up FM sum of 8000FM..

2k + 8k = Total 10,000k

2.Survival Easy: Completing this will grant you another 2k FM.

You will grow 4 levels - 4k FM.

Total = 8000 FM

3.Trials - *Note: If you are new, it's best to go learn a few combos before trying normal. It'll help you understand some timings and you will be more comfortable with some crossup/jump in combos (the cpu is HIGHLY susceptible to jumpins and crossups but don't only rely on them)

Completion - 3k Fm.

Lvl growth from 13 to 15 = 2lvls at 2kFM.

Total = 5kFM

4.Survival Normal - Your Final Challenge!

Completion - 5k.

Lvl Growth from 15 to 19. 4 lvls @ 4k.

Total = 9k

5.Demonstrations - Watching Character Demos grants you 500FM and some exp towards leveling up. Note: Doing this in conjunction w/ all prior modes will not level you up past 19 but can help you towards your next level up.

---------------

Congratulations! You have reached level 19, acquired a nice chunk of change and can now Further Your Journey for Beastiness!

Do this with all 16 characters and receive your FIRST 504, 000FM

--------------

Quick Recap Payout

Story - 2000FM

Survival Easy -2000FM

Trials - 3000FM

Survival Normal - 5000FM

Character Demo - 500FM

Total Mode Payout - 12,500 FM

19 Level Ups - 19,000FM

Total Pay per Character 31,500FM x 16Characters = 504,000FM (Worth Five Characters).

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/895976-street-fighter-v/73866020

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1

If you don't understand the hate, then you're part of the problem.

I do understand the hate. Bad marketing, lack of transparency, lack of content...etc. I get it, these issues are affecting the casual player base. But from what I've seen Capcom is showing improvement they didn't just release the game bare bones and called it a day. And despite its problems the gameplay isn't terrible by any stress of the imagination. 

Edited by Xeliot
  • Like 1

As of right now all four of the DLC characters are easily gained by just playing the game for a while. Capcom told people ahead of time how this game's content was going to work, so they have no reason to apologize. If people are still mad because they didn't do some very basic research back in February that's their problem.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/895976-street-fighter-v/73866020

Oh no. I think plenty of people heard them clear enough. It definitely shows in the sales. I hope they never recover. Companies like capcom and EA need a hard lesson.

I do understand the hate. Bad marketing, lack of transparency, lack of content...etc. I get it, these issues are affecting the casual player base. But from what I've seen Capcom is showing improvement they didn't just release the game bare bones and called it a day. And despite its problems the gameplay isn't terrible by any stress of the imagination. 

I agree about the game play and them continuing to work on it are both positive aspects. However, they'll never win back the casuals without a serious 360...which they aren't doing.

+1 for you at least recognizing the problem. 

Oh no. I think plenty of people heard them clear enough. It definitely shows in the sales. I hope they never recover. Companies like capcom and EA need a hard lesson.

Street Fighter 5 sold 1.4 million copies.

I wouldn't call 1.4 million copies sold bad. Even thought fighting games have grown a lot in the last few years it is still a niche game genre and SFV was only released one of the major consoles and the PC.

Street Fighter 5 did have that bad of a launch, but what made the launch bad was the online servers, not whatever the casual fighting game people were complaining about.

The only things they needed to apologize for was the bad online servers at launch and missing the may update and they did apologize for both of those incidents.

Also I have never understood people's hate for games companies like Capcom and EA. They are no worse the companies that make the car you drive, the home you live in, the clothes you wear, and the food you eat.

In fact the stuff the game companies do are baby-tier games when compared to even half the stuff those other companies do. I have yet to hear about a game companies business practices actively making people's everyday life miserable or outright killing them because of what they did, unlike those other companies. 

Edited by soultaker655

Street Fighter 5 sold 1.4 million copies.

I wouldn't call 1.4 million copies sold bad. Even thought fighting games have grown a lot in the last few years it is still a niche game genre and SFV was only released one of the major consoles and the PC.

Street Fighter 5 did have that bad of a launch, but what made the launch bad was the online servers, not whatever the casual fighting game people were complaining about.

The only things they needed to apologize for was the bad online servers at launch and missing the may update and they did apologize for both of those incidents.

Also I have never understood people's hate for games companies like Capcom and EA. They are no worse the companies that make the car you drive, the home you live in, the clothes you wear, and the food you eat.

In fact the stuff the game companies do are baby-tier games when compared to even half the stuff those other companies do. I have yet to hear about a game companies business practices actively making people's everyday life miserable or outright killing them because of what they did, unlike those other companies. 

The last i heard, the sales were poor. I didn't know they had recovered. That's too bad.

Also, no, they are nowhere nearly as bad as something that actually affects real life. I agree with you there. However, we are on a gaming site, not a Honda forum. I think we should stay on the subject. 

In gaming terms, capcom and EA are the worst offenders. I thought EA earning worst NA company two years in a row was a joke. There were way worse companies. However, that should show you the impact gaming has on a large portion of society. Without entertainment, we'd all be looking for other means to occupy our time.

Idle hands are the devil's play things...or however that stupid saying goes.

My only concern is if this will actually change anything? Has any game been "revived" when it comes to sales after just one update, no matter how massive? I don't want to bash on this game, I legit love this game despite the obvious faults but will this actually save it? People got so hyped over Alex and now nobody uses him. People want a character they can easily win with so they probably thought Alex was a good choice, which he is but it requires work to use him and since that's a pain they switch to somebody else. People are hyped over Urien but depending on how easy it is to win with him he might get the same treatment as Alex later on. People are complaining about single player content but the thing is once they're done with their first run it's back to online mode and story mode is never touched upon again, unless there's a catch like fight money. And this can be seen as pretty evident since Ultra Street Fighter 4 only had arcade and versus mode which were cool but arcade was for the most part only used as a way to pass the time while waiting for an opponent through the online fight request option. So in the end it all comes down to how good the online mode is and so far it's been very subjective, some people experience major issues while some people don't. If they can fix the long loading times, the matchmaking and the rage quitting we might see people come back to the game, hopefully! Regardless of everything, this update is music to my ears and candy to my eyes. My waifu Juri looks glorious! :wub:  <3  :wub:  <3      

Hope to finish the fight money grind with this update... 

I'm looking foward to play Urien and Balrog, I have to learn how to play charge characters though.....any tips ?

Basic Training Rule #1... Prepare the charge attack while doing the other input. 

Example: HP, HK. MP (charge attack) . Start to charge while doing MP.

• Like 1

Basic Training Rule #1... Prepare the charge attack while doing the other input. 

Example: HP, HK. MP (charge attack) . Start to charge while doing MP.

I guess I'll start with Necalli that has only one charge attack, then I'll switch to Fang/Bison. I've trained for a couple of hours yesterday without much luck  :(