Project Guide Creation V2.0

Hey Dragon, do Japanese guides need to be translated fully? Or can I write short paragraphs on how to unlock each trophy and menu navigation?

Shouldn't you ask me about Nipponese guides? :awesome:

This depends on the game. If it requires higher Japanese knowledge (read runes :awesome:), you should translate everything possible.

But it all comes to what you feel that could be problematic for the other players.

Shouldn't you ask me about Nipponese guides? :awesome:

This depends on the game. If it requires higher Japanese knowledge (read runes :awesome:), you should translate everything possible.

But it all comes to what you feel that could be problematic for the other players.

I was going to write a guide for Taiko V. So similar to the IA/VT guide, I dont think it would need as much translation as it would navigation. Edited by NerdRage04

Hey Dragon, do Japanese guides need to be translated fully? Or can I write short paragraphs on how to unlock each trophy and menu navigation?

Basically what Satoshi said. Just translate what you feel is needed for the reader to plat the game.

That's what I did for the E.X. Troopers guide

I was going to write a guide for Taiko V. So similar to the IA/VT guide, I dont think it would need as much translation as it would navigation.

I kinda supposed that. Yea, since that game is pretty easy even without guide, you don't need to translate much.

Plus, people who play non-localized games are surely adapted to katakana or common hiragana words so you don't need to translate things like seebu, roodo, nyuu geemu, tsuzuku, etc... :)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I kinda supposed that. Yea, since that game is pretty easy even without guide, you don't need to translate much.

Plus, people who play non-localized games are surely adapted to katakana or common hiragana words so you don't need to translate things like seebu, roodo, nyuu geemu, tsuzuku, etc... :)

Hmm. Yeah, it wouldn't be that bad. Though, I am not very good at spelling. I was going for more of a "from right to left the menu selections are....." kind of guide.

I ain't no Nipponese master. Just an everage seabear.

Hmm. Yeah, it wouldn't be that bad. Though, I am not very good at spelling. I was going for more of a "from right to left the menu selections are....." kind of guide.

Heh =D Maybe that could work as well =D But in this case, you are better off screenshotting the screen you are describing and describe the picture =D

The game doesn't let you take screenshots. It's silly.

I think there's a program that can translate moon runes on pictures. If you'd like me to I can do a quick search for it.

So if you were to take a good picture using your phone or something like that it might recognize that as well.

Google Translator? =D

Since when does that support images?  :blink:

And if you mean copying the text, good luck finding a kanji without knowing the reading. :D

What I was referring to was meant as a translation help for people who'd like to read, or study Japanese with untranslated VNs.

Edit: Found the tool. It scans for Japanese words displayed on any image, so if you've got an image opened on your desktop it should recognize the kanji there and you can copy them into any translator of choice. Actually, I think it also translates them but I'm not 100% sure as I've yet to use that program.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

Since when does that support images?  :blink:

Since the phone app =D

You use the phone camera to 'screen' the kanji, translator scans it and voila, you have a translation =D

Edit: Found the tool. It scans for Japanese words displayed on any image, so if you've got an image opened on your desktop it should recognize the kanji there and you can copy them into any translator of choice. Actually, I think it also translates them but I'm not 100% sure as I've yet to use that program.

Oh, KanjiTomo, yea, this is definitely advisable. I'm also using it =D

Guide completed and published! Now onto the next one which will be a lot easier to write this time.

Nice job on your guide!

:silver: - Stone Tablet (Have guides written equal 50,000 words or more) Earned by PSNP on August 21st 2016!

Trophies progressed!

:hidden: - 1680 Hours of Summer - @1073 hours and some minutes

:hidden: - The Great Wall of Text - 51.4K/???

• Like 1

Since the phone app =D

You use the phone camera to 'screen' the kanji, translator scans it and voila, you have a translation =D

That explains why I don't know about it, my "smart phone" is approximately from 2006 and runs java instead of android because that didn't exist back then. :D

Forgot to say, I platted LOTR War in the North, I demand  :hidden: - One game to join them all  :awesome:

You gotta write a guide about it first. :P

Sorry for the late response, I was a bit busy these past days. Trophy names and requirements need to be translated, but other things like Japanese names for skills, items, or locations don't need to be translated (unless the game is localized later), because most likely the game has no English names for those, so readers can compare the kanji with the game to figure out what to use/click/go to, etc.

Heh =D Maybe that could work as well =D But in this case, you are better off screenshotting the screen you are describing and describe the picture =D

This is imo the best way to explain things.

Guide completed and published! Now onto the next one which will be a lot easier to write this time.

Nice, congrats :yay:.

Hey PSNP

Can I still sign me up? Here's the guide I'm currently writing:

SONIC GENERATIONS Trophy Guide

• Game: SONIC GENERATIONS
  • Platform: PS3
  • Current status: IN PROGRESS
  • Help accepting: YES

Good luck with the guide.

• Like 2

Trophy names can be written in romaji or English. 

Ah, good, I wasn't breaking any guide rules :D

I'm relieved =D

Requirements must be in English.

I would like to see someone leaving the most important of the trophy in Japanese, lol =D

Not sure how helpful the guide would be =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami