Project Guide Creation V2.0

Nope, no one is doing a guide for that game.

Thanks, I'll see if I want to take a crack at it (at least a walkthrough) then while stacking the Vita version. The first playthrough of the game is fine, but having to replay the last 2/3 of it an additional 3 times followed by the last 1/3 one more time is just dull (especially since you can't skip cutscenes or dialogue). I do know of pretty good methods of speedrunning that last 2/3 though, so it would be kind of nice to share that info with others xD

I guess that brings :hidden: Sensei to 1/5 or is it 1/10?

Thanks, I'll see if I want to take a crack at it (at least a walkthrough) then while stacking the Vita version. The first playthrough of the game is fine, but having to replay the last 2/3 of it an additional 3 times followed by the last 1/3 one more time is just dull (especially since you can't skip cutscenes or dialogue). I do know of pretty good methods of speedrunning that last 2/3 though, so it would be kind of nice to share that info with others xD

Wow, that sounds very dull indeed :|. The developers should've at least added the option to skip cutscenes and dialogue. Good luck if you're going to write a guide about it.

• Like 1

Sounds like Heavy Rain/BTS, lol =D

• Like 1

No Guide Team trophy earned yet, I would have thought Dragon would have 100% it by now.

Compared to the amount of guides we get, not even 20% is from this thread :|. In fact it closer to 0% for the past week. Also this trophy is impossible  :hidden: - All in a days work (Publish 5 guides in 25 hours), as we almost always publish guides in pairs and sometimes 3 at once within 24 hours to give them enough time at the top of the New Guides section. The only time there were 4 guides released was when they were all for newly released games.

Nah, he's busy grinding implements and HNMs in Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment. :P Like me. :D

Yeah, implements and HNM.

At least he's actually playing something for a change =D

Less chance for streak to break because he will be busy playing and won't look that carefully on the guides xDDD

Don't worry, I have time while SAO is grinding implements AFK. :awesome:

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

Compared to the amount of guides we get, not even 20% is from this thread :|. In fact it closer to 0% for the past week. Also this trophy is impossible  :hidden: - All in a days work (Publish 5 guides in 25 hours), as we almost always publish guides in pairs and sometimes 3 at once within 24 hours to give them enough time at the top of the New Guides section. The only time there were 4 guides released was when they were all for newly released games.

Yeah, implements and HNM.

Don't worry, I have time while SAO is grinding implements AFK. :awesome:

Hmm. what if we tweaked the trophies a little to make them work better for you. I should have also mentioned that it could be any guide, even guides not from this thread. My bad  :ninja:

Also,  :hidden: - Teacher's Pet (Review a guide team members guide)

Hmm. what if we tweaked the trophies a little to make them work better for you. I should have also mentioned that it could be any guide, even guides not from this thread. My bad  :ninja:

Also,  :hidden: - Teacher's Pet (Review a guide team members guide)

Don't worry, you couldn't have known about that. Ah ok, that makes it much easier to achieve :D.

I get the feeling that's supposed to motivate me to finish the guide :hmm:

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Ok, decided to upload my Dragon's Trophy Challenge gameplay so far to YouTube. Enjoy!

Nice work :yay:. You seem to have mastered some great short cuts. I could never get that one in chapter 2 when falling down the sewer to work. Though it seems you had some bad luck at the sewer entrance. I noticed you turn normally, which causes some speed loss. Try adding sidejump boosts when turning to increase the speed instead. Also when running on straight paths try coil jumping continuously as that's faster than running. Good luck with the other chapters, I'm looking forward to see the other vids.

Nice work :yay:. You seem to have mastered some great short cuts. I could never get that one in chapter 2 when falling down the sewer to work.

That falling down platform drop took way more tries than it should. What I found in doing it is that if you do exactly as the "Elite run" video showed in the guide by standing on the edge of the platform, the movement controls go haywire as the platform turns into position. However if you hang back from the edge then the controls are much more manageable. I also found jumping from the platform as it's falling will require a mid-air kick to land safely as it's way too premature. The falling platform seems to go right through the landing platform so just ride it out - and due to the instant platform change it doesn't require a roll, you're just...there. But that's the easy part.

As you could see in the video I was one shot from dying at the hands of that helicopter, which is why I slid a bit instead of running straight to the jump-pad boxes before the first door to avoid any more gunshots.

While I didn't keep all the footage, I had numerous (at least 15 iirc) failed runs from attempting to open the door and get through it before getting shot to death. My belief is that since you completely skip any sort of parkour of going down the drain, rather landing right after the platform with the button, you inadvertently skip the "bug out" trigger for the helicopter (it's before 2 pipes iirc). Normally that bottom section of that drain isn't so hectic.

Though it seems you had some bad luck at the sewer entrance. I noticed you turn normally, which causes some speed loss. Try adding sidejump boosts when turning to increase the speed instead. Also when running on straight paths try coil jumping continuously as that's faster than running. Good luck with the other chapters, I'm looking forward to see the other vids.

Heh yeah, missed the first wall run - looking at the footage i jumped at the rounded corner of the wall.

Honestly I didn't really think about side-jumping to turn :facepalm: ... However I have tried the coil jumping, especially during previous Chapter 2 runs while in the canals (during previous Chapter 2 runs I was trying this usually at :50 to 1:15 mark), but I'm finding that if the landings aren't perfect every time I lose speed so (at this time so far) plain running averages out to be faster. I wonder about the top floor in the sewer though... coil jump over each gap? Still practicing it - ending of Chapter 1 seems to have some good spots to practice the coil jumps.

Glad you like the videos! Did you like the time I posted for Chapter 2?

That falling down platform drop took way more tries than it should. What I found in doing it is that if you do exactly as the "Elite run" video showed in the guide by standing on the edge of the platform, the movement controls go haywire as the platform turns into position. However if you hang back from the edge then the controls are much more manageable. I also found jumping from the platform as it's falling will require a mid-air kick to land safely as it's way too premature. The falling platform seems to go right through the landing platform so just ride it out - and due to the instant platform change it doesn't require a roll, you're just...there. But that's the easy part.

As you could see in the video I was one shot from dying at the hands of that helicopter, which is why I slid a bit instead of running straight to the jump-pad boxes before the first door to avoid any more gunshots.

While I didn't keep all the footage, I had numerous (at least 15 iirc) failed runs from attempting to open the door and get through it before getting shot to death. My belief is that since you completely skip any sort of parkour of going down the drain, rather landing right after the platform with the button, you inadvertently skip the "bug out" trigger for the helicopter (it's before 2 pipes iirc). Normally that bottom section of that drain isn't so hectic.

Heh yeah, missed the first wall run - looking at the footage i jumped at the rounded corner of the wall.

Honestly I didn't really think about side-jumping to turn :facepalm: ... However I have tried the coil jumping, especially during previous Chapter 2 runs while in the canals (during previous Chapter 2 runs I was trying this usually at :50 to 1:15 mark), but I'm finding that if the landings aren't perfect every time I lose speed so (at this time so far) plain running averages out to be faster. I wonder about the top floor in the sewer though... coil jump over each gap? Still practicing it - ending of Chapter 1 seems to have some good spots to practice the coil jumps.

Glad you like the videos! Did you like the time I posted for Chapter 2?

I gave up on that shortcut after falling to my death every time :facepalm:. That other shortcut at the top of the underground parkour where you purposely fell to your death was a great find too. I remember the start of ch 5 having one like that if you jumped from the building at the right spot, you'd respawn at the ground level. Took a bit to find the exact spot :lol:.

You should try it, turning regularly reduces your speed. For coil-jumping you need to do jump again when Faith lands. It may take a bit to get used to it, but it'll definitely shave off some precious seconds.

Yeah that ch 2 time was really, really close. At first I thought you weren't going to make it.

Welp.... my master plan was to spend much of the weekend speed-running Eiyuu Senki - The World Conquest on a splinter account to double-check most of the trophies.  Have you ever heard the saying: "If you want the Gods to laugh, tell them your plans"?  Or the other fun one that applies here: "No plan survives contact with the enemy"?

My master plan was undermined by my inability to finish up Nights of Azure in a timely fashion -- my plan was to finish it up Friday night or Saturday as to knock it out of my incomplete/backlog pile before picking up The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II from GameStop tomorrow (it's on pre-order/reserve there).  It took me three days of increasing aggravation to knock out the last Arena boss, so I'm not going to get this speed run started until later today.  Thankfully, it's a game I can play during my workday whereas I can't say the same for TLOH:CS2 because it's easy and quick to put down when my boss calls (I work an "on call" sort of job from home).

So my guide is running behind schedule, but not fatally so.

/blogrant

Welp.... my master plan was to spend much of the weekend speed-running Eiyuu Senki - The World Conquest on a splinter account to double-check most of the trophies.  Have you ever heard the saying: "If you want the Gods to laugh, tell them your plans"?  Or the other fun one that applies here: "No plan survives contact with the enemy"?

My master plan was undermined by my inability to finish up Nights of Azure in a timely fashion -- my plan was to finish it up Friday night or Saturday as to knock it out of my incomplete/backlog pile before picking up The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II from GameStop tomorrow (it's on pre-order/reserve there).  It took me three days of increasing aggravation to knock out the last Arena boss, so I'm not going to get this speed run started until later today.  Thankfully, it's a game I can play during my workday whereas I can't say the same for TLOH:CS2 because it's easy and quick to put down when my boss calls (I work an "on call" sort of job from home).

So my guide is running behind schedule, but not fatally so.

/blogrant

Just play Kiseki, that's much better alternative =D

Sen II kitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I was wondering when the actual guide appears since Sen II only had an overall walkthrough.

Did Emma finally order you to do it? :awesome:

:hidden: Rocket Propelled Grenades??? is at 1/5 :ninja:.

RUNE GUIDES!

Definitely rune guides! :ninja:

Edited by Satoshi Ookami