Missable trophies?

StubbsDK

My guess is that Item collector is missable as there are many items that are only available as an enemy drop. Otherwise only the stats-trophies are really missable if you level up the wrong way, forcing you to play through a second time or reloading earlier saves.

But why is it missable?. Or can't you go back to all areas when you are further into the game. Otherwise you could just farm the enemies

But why is it missable?. Or can't you go back to all areas when you are further into the game. Otherwise you could just farm the enemies

If I remember correctly the game has a point of no return at the Dime Tower. I also checked a guide for the GameBoy-game and it contains the following:

You’ll see the Dime Tower emerge from the ground. Now, this will be the last time that you’ll see the world map so come here prepared.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gameboy/563272-final-fantasy-adventure/faqs/9218

I don't really recall there being some pretty rare items, but then again, it's been about 15 years since I played the original, so my memory might be a little foggy....

For me it has only been four years since I last played the game so my memories are rather fresh. But there were some items that only drop from specific enemies, like the fangs/claws from the dragons in there desert which you can give the kid in Jadd to get some clue about Medusa's cave.

So if I want the all helmets etc. trophy I must get it before I to the Dime Tower?

When the game stays true to the original and has no additional chests/treasures, yes. The only equipment you seem to get in the Dime Tower is the Dragon Armor, so you can't get the Armor-trophy before entering the PNR.

EDIT:

The trophies may not pop until you are in the last dungeon which is after the point of no return as there were some item drops in the original game that represent the best equipment:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_Adventure_armor

How could I forget them? :facepalm:

Edited by Crimson Idol

I can confirm that all collectable trophies are missable, as you obtain the final weapon, armor, helmet and shield in the final tower which is after the point of no return.

As for me I missed an item somewhere, but have no idea where, made sure to get rare monster drops and visit all shops.

EDIT: got the missing item, it was the rare drop from the Swamp Man and it has to be on the same playthrough, I had to get an item a second time that I got close to the end of my first playthrough to unlock the trophy after I got the drop from the Swamp Man.

The only collectable trophy you can unlock before the point of no return is the item trophy, unless you use the password at the shops to get the best armor however I am not sure if the coders work on this version or if the codes then cause the trophies to not unlock

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1

I can confirm that all collectable trophies are missable, as you obtain the final weapon, armor, helmet and shield in the final tower which is after the point of no return.

As for me I missed an item somewhere, but have no idea where, made sure to get rare monster drops and visit all shops.

EDIT: got the missing item, it was the rare drop from the Swamp Man and it has to be on the same playthrough, I had to get an item a second time that I got close to the end of my first playthrough to unlock the trophy after I got the drop from the Swamp Man.

The only collectable trophy you can unlock before the point of no return is the item trophy, unless you use the password at the shops to get the best armor however I am not sure if the coders work on this version or if the codes then cause the trophies to not unlock

The only one who drop Elixir are the Ninja in Mana temple (I think so?), how could you get the Item Collector trophy before the point of no return ? Thanks

The only one who drop Elixir are the Ninja in Mana temple (I think so?), how could you get the Item Collector trophy before the point of no return ? Thanks

There is another enemy that can drop an Elixir prior to the point of no return and a free copy is obtainable from a specific chest.

There is another enemy that can drop an Elixir prior to the point of no return and a free copy is obtainable from a specific chest.

EDIT: Got it elixir island North East of the map, just have to kill all the sea horses.

Do you know a place with a complete list of all the items available ?

Edited by sanspantalon

EDIT: Got it elixir island North East of the map, just have to kill all the sea horses.

Unfortunately I don't have anything for this exact version of the game, but I found this one for the Game Boy version (many item & enemy names are incorrect however, such as all Opal things being Diamond things in this version).

• Like 1

Someone know if there is a NG+ ?

Nope, No NG+ and there is a point of no return in the game as well, Multiple saves are recommended if you wish to not to another run in case you missed something, I ended up missing one item.

Unfortunately I don't have anything for this exact version of the game, but I found this one for the Game Boy version (many item & enemy names are incorrect however, such as all Opal things being Diamond things in this version).

I ended up going over this list for the item I was missing

http://www.finalfantasykingdom.net/ffaitems.php

and then matching that list up with the enemy list on the same site which lists where the enemies are and what they drop here. The names of the items are slightly different but they have the same effects and are dropped from the same monsters.

http://www.finalfantasykingdom.net/ffaenemies.php

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1

Nope, No NG+ and there is a point of no return in the game as well, Multiple saves are recommended if you wish to not to another run in case you missed something, I ended up missing one item.

I ended up going over this list for the item I was missing

http://www.finalfantasykingdom.net/ffaitems.php

and then matching that list up with the enemy list on the same site which lists where the enemies are and what they drop here. The names of the items are slightly different but they have the same effects and are dropped from the same monsters.

http://www.finalfantasykingdom.net/ffaenemies.php

Thank you for the links. Seems like I missed quite a lot of items due to the horrible drop rates.

Any one know of a way back in to Glaive castle?

I have the same problem, i somehow missed the blood sword in dark lords castle and im in the last dungeon before the point of no return with no other saves nearby

I remember reading that you can get all older equipment drops from enemies in the last dungeon in the original game. Was this true?

• 3 weeks later...

Trophy for items can pop before entering the tower, right? I have all weapons and armor related and wild guess, which item I could miss.

EDIT:

LOL, I didn't have one of the most popular item available in shops - eye drops xD

So yeah, the trophy can be collected before entering the tower.

Edited by TandemHQ

• 4 years later...