Games you Bought/played thanks in part to the Trophy BANNERS

Inspired by another "confession" thread.

Sure, we've had topics to trophy collection as a hobby, a sole purpose, being the reason you played or stopped playing a game. But lets dig real deep, take advantage of our anonymity and admit that sometimes, some of those game banners would look pretty sexy on your list.

And yes, by game banners, I do mean the ones that appear on your trophy list for each game, like this 

Le836fd.png

Also updated the title, as all of these games I already had some initial interest in.

Games I played for the banner, but not exactly the trophies
TMNT Mutants in Manhattan
Barbie and her Sisters Puppy Rescue
River City Super Sports Challenge

Games where I liked the game/trophies but was (initially) put off by the banner
Spongebob Heropants
Captain America: Super Soldier

Edited by RedRodriguez87

Inspired by another "confession" thread.

Sure, we've had topics to trophy collection as a hobby, a sole purpose, being the reason you played or stopped playing a game. But lets dig real deep, take advantage of our anonymity and admit that sometimes, some of those game banners would look pretty sexy on your list.

I'm guessing you don't know it's possible to change the profile banner to a specific image?

• Like 2

I'm guessing you don't know it's possible to change the profile banner to a specific image?

somewhere on planet Earth, RedRodriguez87 is shaking his fist in pure anger as he shamefully changes his banner to a game of choice 

...  :lol: 

• Like 1

somewhere on planet Earth, RedRodriguez87 is shaking his fist in pure anger as he shamefully changes his banner to a game of choice 

...  :lol: 

Lol :lol:.

Are you sure he means the banners on PSNProfiles? My personal assumption is that he means those:

L075795.png

Lf4dbd1.png

^ The pictures that appear while viewing at your overall trophy list.

As I understand it banners are the giant images at the top of your profile.

I actually click on the game and check out the trophy banner all the time if it's a game I am not familiar with. The trophy banner surprisingly gives you lots of information in terms of what genre, theme, action style, graphics, etc. If it looks appealing, I will head to YouTube for gameplay clips to figure out if I want to make a further inquiry into the game. Don't think I've ever purchased a game solely on its trophy banner though.

Here's an idea, of your current games, what's your favorite and least favorite trophy banners?

- My best game with the worst banner is Tiger Woods 14. Three big mugs of smiling golfers. That's it. Considering you have to put 100+ hours into the game to plat, you get quite sick of them gleefully smiling at your futility to get a luck-based microtransaction trophy.

- Worst game with the best banner? Syberia. Cool Siberian landscape with majestic Russian dachas in the background and a pretty brunette, what could go wrong? Everything. Terrible point-and-click game with a story that involves automatons, wooly mammoths and voicemails from a pestering mother. And glitched trophies (grrr.).