Heartless Hunters: Let's Finish Kingdom Hearts (The Series)

Unfortunately I have had little to no time to game the past couple of days and the time I had I used to work on some other events that I'm apart of. Which means no progress  :(. It's my goal though to get Kingdom Hearts Final Mix done this month and the other two games in November-January so expect an update soon (hopefully with some progress  :ninja:).

Ok Aqua's now at Olympus Coliseum. Progress has been a bit slow due to work but hey, at least I am done with ice cream beat. :)

Glad to hear that! Good work! B)

Unfortunately I have had little to no time to game the past couple of days and the time I had I used to work on some other events that I'm apart of. Which means no progress  :(. It's my goal though to get Kingdom Hearts Final Mix done this month and the other two games in November-January so expect an update soon (hopefully with some progress  :ninja:

Don't worry - this isn't a contest and everyone who gets all four platinums will get a certificate regardless. I only put down a deadline to help motivate people to get working on the games. I understand if you have other things going on. Heck, I need to get to work on KHFM myself - still have a proud mode playthrough stuck in Neverland and a half-done Speedster run in Standard mode I need to suck up and finish. Here is hoping that Square-Enix creates a Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 collection and when they do so they make the difficulty trophies in both 1.5 games stack so we can just get everything done in one play. :D

So I finally made some progress yesterday and got through both Agrabah and Monstro on my Proud difficulty run. For anyone who has done the Proud mode run do you recommend that I skip Atlantica altogether? I really don't feel like sitting for hours grinding levels so that I can beat Ursala so I may just go to Halloweentown and then move on to Neverland instead. I know I've said it twice now but I will definitely have my Proud mode done this weekend. I am tired of slacking off from these games and plan to get Kingdom Hearts Final Mix done in the next week or so :dance:! By the way how is everyone else progressing  :) ?

So I finally made some progress yesterday and got through both Agrabah and Monstro on my Proud difficulty run. For anyone who has done the Proud mode run do you recommend that I skip Atlantica altogether? I really don't feel like sitting for hours grinding levels so that I can beat Ursala so I may just go to Halloweentown and then move on to Neverland instead. I know I've said it twice now but I will definitely have my Proud mode done this weekend. I am tired of slacking off from these games and plan to get Kingdom Hearts Final Mix done in the next week or so :dance:! By the way how is everyone else progressing  :) ?

That's how most speed runs of this game go - Atlantica is sadly forgettable and the combat mechanics there don't help it at all. It doesn't help that Square-Enix decided to make Atlantica into a Parappa the Rappa clone in KH2, though I do like the songs they took from the movie. Under the Sea is one of my favorite Disney songs. ^_^

So yeah, just skip Atlantica. If you need levels, you can grind in the Coliseum cups. I should probably open that up for my own Proud Mode run so I can get Sora Second Chance to survive Anti-Sora. :( I'll get back into Kingdom Hearts once I get some of my PRD stuff done. I promised I would try to make an effort to platinum all four games before 2.8 comes as I'll be wasting my time with that because Dream Drop Distance was my favorite Kingdom Heats game, and screw what the masses say about it. :P

That's how most speed runs of this game go - Atlantica is sadly forgettable and the combat mechanics there don't help it at all. It doesn't help that Square-Enix decided to make Atlantica into a Parappa the Rappa clone in KH2, though I do like the songs they took from the movie. Under the Sea is one of my favorite Disney songs. ^_^

So yeah, just skip Atlantica. If you need levels, you can grind in the Coliseum cups. I should probably open that up for my own Proud Mode run so I can get Sora Second Chance to survive Anti-Sora. :( I'll get back into Kingdom Hearts once I get some of my PRD stuff done. I promised I would try to make an effort to platinum all four games before 2.8 comes as I'll be wasting my time with that because Dream Drop Distance was my favorite Kingdom Heats game, and screw what the masses say about it. :P

Yeah, I skipped Atlantica in my beginner speed run as well. Thanks for the tips for grinding levels in the coliseum cups though! On another note I just ran through Halloweentown which means that I'm about to go into Neverland. You have me extremely worried for Anti-Sora. I may go grind Sora up to level 37-38 before taking him on if he is as difficult on Proud mode as you say.

Yeah, I skipped Atlantica in my beginner speed run as well. Thanks for the tips for grinding levels in the coliseum cups though! On another note I just ran through Halloweentown which means that I'm about to go into Neverland. You have me extremely worried for Anti-Sora. I may go grind Sora up to level 37-38 before taking him on if he is as difficult on Proud mode as you say.

You're doing the speedrun on Proud mode? I just did it on Easy. Here's my route: Traverse Town -> Olympus Coliseum to get Thunder -> Wonderland -> Olympus Coliseum to beat the story -> Deep Jungle -> Traverse Town -> Agrabah -> Atlantica to spawn Monstro -> Atlantica just to reach it, but I didn't land -> Halloween Town -> Neverland -> Hollow Bastion -> Traverse Town -> Hollow Bastion -> End of the World -> reach the final checkpoint, then go powerlevel at the Hades Cup in Olympus Coliseum.

I reached the final checkpoint around 9-10 hours, so I grinded the Hades Cup's last 10 matches for hours until the timer was between 13 and 13.5 hours. Then went on to beat the final 5 boss battles.

It is done.

1L6da1d7.png

My first ever Kingdom Hearts platinum, obtained at October 1st, 4 minutes from 1 AM.

Congrats with the plat :yay:.

Btw did you decide on which pokemon to use?

I think i took down Anti-Sora at level 31-32.He wasn't hard.The hardest low level battle in Proud mode is the Dragon Maleficent.Also if you try to level up,you'd rather go to the clock room in Traverse town after you clear Hollow Bastion.I think it's the fastest way.I skipped Atlantica and Olympus in both Standard and Proud mode

You're doing the speedrun on Proud mode? I just did it on Easy. Here's my route: Traverse Town -> Olympus Coliseum to get Thunder -> Wonderland -> Olympus Coliseum to beat the story -> Deep Jungle -> Traverse Town -> Agrabah -> Atlantica to spawn Monstro -> Atlantica just to reach it, but I didn't land -> Halloween Town -> Neverland -> Hollow Bastion -> Traverse Town -> Hollow Bastion -> End of the World -> reach the final checkpoint, then go powerlevel at the Hades Cup in Olympus Coliseum.

I reached the final checkpoint around 9-10 hours, so I grinded the Hades Cup's last 10 matches for hours until the timer was between 13 and 13.5 hours. Then went on to beat the final 5 boss battles.

I already completed my speedrun on beginner  :awesome:. I was just asking for tips on how to get through my Proud mode run done in the shortest amount of time with little to no difficulty. I actually used the same route as you did during my Beginner speedrun but thanks for the tips anyway.

I think i took down Anti-Sora at level 31-32.He wasn't hard.The hardest low level battle in Proud mode is the Dragon Maleficent.Also if you try to level up,you'd rather go to the clock room in Traverse town after you clear Hollow Bastion.I think it's the fastest way.I skipped Atlantica and Olympus in both Standard and Proud mode

Ok, I'm level 33 at the moment so I should be able to beat him later tonight. Thanks for the tips on grinding levels in the clock room in Traverese Town though  :). I would have never thought of that.

If everything goes according to plan I should have my Proud mode run done tonight. It depends on how much time I get to play though. Thanks for the tips everyone  :)

Edited by Kent10201

For Dragon Malificent I jumped on her back and hit from head from there whenever she leaned backwards to prepare a fire breath. Tinklebell also kept my health up :lol:.

I already completed my speedrun on beginner  :awesome:. I was just asking for tips on how to get through my Proud mode run done in the shortest amount of time with little to no difficulty. I actually used the same route as you did during my Beginner speedrun but thanks for the tips anyway.

Ah ok, I thought you were attempting it on Proud for the trophy. Good luck with it :D.

I think that I may as well join (kind of...), since I'm playing KH2FM right now.. and this may give me enough will power to do the 4 playthroughs needed for my CoM platinum (I still think that BBS is outside of my skill range because of the ritme game... but I may eventually go back to it too..).

So I'm at the 2nd story visit at Olympus Colosseum, and am playing on Normal difficulty. I plan to go back and play on Critical (maybe speedrun it?) after I finish the story and then return to the Normal difficulty save file to 100% everything in the journal.

I decided to go on Normal against easy, because I tough that I would become bored of it quickly while playing on easy, and hopefully Normal will make the optional bosses easy enough..

Also, I have the KH1FM platinum...

I think that I may as well join (kind of...), since I'm playing KH2FM right now.. and this may give me enough will power to do the 4 playthroughs needed for my CoM platinum (I still think that BBS is outside of my skill range because of the ritme game... but I may eventually go back to it too..).

Didn't I put you in? *Checks* Nope, sorry. You're from that other thread. Oops! :facepalm: Well, welcome to the thread, you're added.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Didn't I put you in? *Checks* Nope, sorry. You're from that other thread. Oops! :facepalm: Well, welcome to the thread, you're added.

Ya, I had seen this thread a long time, but never felt like joining because I know that I will not commit to it that much (just pre-ordered FFXV, and there's a lot that I want to play in my backlog too.. not to mention my feeling that I will never have success on the BBS ritme mini-game..)..

As for the other thread was probably Rogue Galaxy, but that was quite some time ago.. I don't usually join many Lets Play or Lets Finish, unless I'm really feeling like doing my best (that reminds me that I did join the Let's Finish Catherine, and never touched the game after that...)

It took a lot longer then expected but I finally completed my Proud mode run without breaking a controller (although I did come close). I finally finished all three playthroughs of the game so now comes the long grind  :(. I'm going to try to get most of Jiminy's Journal done later today and focusing on grinding levels with Sora and synthesizing all items before I take on the secret bosses. Then...the gummi ship missions  -_-. Please, not the gummi ship missions.

It has been a little while since my last update, got a bit done since then, but before that congrats DetectiveCJ on clearing BBS!

I've cleared KH2 to make it my 50th platinum. There was a bit of grind involved, but the only part that gave me real trouble was data Axel. I wanted to tear my hair out fighting him, I just couldn't get it down. After finally getting by him it was just a matter of putting in the time.

After that, I did start slacking a bit on KH. There were a few games I put off finishing to make KH2 where it was in my milestones. Those are mostly cleaned up now, although there's still one or two I might focus on before fully committing to BBS.

I have started BBS and it's a lot of fun. I like the combat and ability crafting element. I've ran through my first playthrough as Aqua. I haven't played this one before and so I inadvertently started working back to front, but I don't think I'm missing out on anything because of it. Now I'm working on Ven and have made it to the Disney world. Now, Ice Cream Beat Master is my bane.

It took a lot longer then expected but I finally completed my Proud mode run without breaking a controller (although I did come close). I finally finished all three playthroughs of the game so now comes the long grind  :(. I'm going to try to get most of Jiminy's Journal done later today and focusing on grinding levels with Sora and synthesizing all items before I take on the secret bosses. Then...the gummi ship missions  -_-. Please, not the gummi ship missions.

I feel your pain... or will once I get to work on the game myself, which I swore to do after completing BBSFM so I could platinum a game a month in time for 2.8. :o

It has been a little while since my last update, got a bit done since then, but before that congrats DetectiveCJ on clearing BBS!

I've cleared KH2 to make it my 50th platinum. There was a bit of grind involved, but the only part that gave me real trouble was data Axel. I wanted to tear my hair out fighting him, I just couldn't get it down. After finally getting by him it was just a matter of putting in the time.

After that, I did start slacking a bit on KH. There were a few games I put off finishing to make KH2 where it was in my milestones. Those are mostly cleaned up now, although there's still one or two I might focus on before fully committing to BBS.

I have started BBS and it's a lot of fun. I like the combat and ability crafting element. I've ran through my first playthrough as Aqua. I haven't played this one before and so I inadvertently started working back to front, but I don't think I'm missing out on anything because of it. Now I'm working on Ven and have made it to the Disney world. Now, Ice Cream Beat Master is my bane.

Congrats on getting KH2FM as your 50th plat. I'll update your status.

Good luck on the Maestro trophy. I hate that game as much as you do. I'm grateful I will NEVER have to play that again - unless Square-Enix trolls me by re-releasing the remixes on PS4... :emo::shakefist::pimp:

That's awesome  :dance:. I got my game for $18 in the U.S so that's a good price! I know you'll enjoy it because Kingdom Hearts 2 and BBS are by far my favorites  :).

Nice, that's a great deal too. So far I like KH2 the most and the idea is to jump right into Critical mode. The fights against Xaldin and Saïx are going to be tough. Haven't played BbS yet, so I'm really looking forward to that one.

Nice, that's a great deal too. So far I like KH2 the most and the idea is to jump right into Critical mode. The fights against Xaldin and Saïx are going to be tough. Haven't played BbS yet, so I'm really looking forward to that one.

I started on critical mode as well. It was frustrating but it drastically cut down my time to platinum. I don't know what changed between the Final Mix edition and the original but Saix is one of the easier bosses in the game. The fights you really need to be worried about are Xemnas, Axel and Zexion. Those fights definitely frustarted me the most but then again it's just my opinion  :). Good luck with the game once you start it!

BBS update, I've now cleared the game on standard with all three. I'll just complete the reports before I move on to final episode, secret episode and after that critical.

...but the secret bosses are a serious pain. I managed to beat Armor of Eraqus but No Heart is a pain. I'm close every time, but he manages to mega flare me and kill me before I find my elixirs. Ugh.