Heartless Hunters: Let's Finish Kingdom Hearts (The Series)

So here's today's update:

I skipped Atlantica for now and finished Agrabah and Halloween Town and started with the Pride Lands. The boss fight against the fire and ice lords in Agrabah was a joke. Quick Run definitely came in handy during the Oogie Boogie boss fight to evade the giant fist pounding down from the ceiling. Also noticed Sora, Donald, and Goofy have Christmas outfits in Christmas Town. IIRC they didn't have that in the vanilla version. I'm not expecting much trouble in Pride Lands yet, though that fight against the giant boss in the revisit will probably take a few attempts. After finishing this world I may grind some levels at the Pride Rock Peak with the swarm of flying heartless in preparation for the fight against Xaldin and to farm some lightning shards.

Better hurry, or else I might plat KH2 before you're finished with KH1 :P.

I hate to say it but your probably right. I went to go grind in KH to day and couldn't play longer then a half hour. The grinding is sooooooooooo boring  :rolleyes:. Don't get me wrong I love the Kingdom Hearts games but SE really screwed up synthesizing in KH:Final Mix. I'll plat it soon but at the moment I'm not worried about it.

I hate to say it but your probably right. I went to go grind in KH to day and couldn't play longer then a half hour. The grinding is sooooooooooo boring  :rolleyes:. Don't get me wrong I love the Kingdom Hearts games but SE really screwed up synthesizing in KH:Final Mix. I'll plat it soon but at the moment I'm not worried about it.

I feel your pain and yeah SE definitely made that a lot more annoying than it should be.

Okay, you know what? This weekend, I'll be posting from my mom and dad's house while they go out on another honeymoon(j/k) in their RV for the weekend and leave me with their dogs again. I will try to use that time to work on my Kingdom Hearts completion. Probably focus on re:Chain of Memories and get my first Riku playthrough done as well as probably get some synthing done in KH:FM and maybe work on the gummi missions.

I made some decent progress today:

Finished Pride Lands, Twilight Town revisit, and Space Paranoids and got the limit and master form. Also beat Demyx and made it to the save point before the battle against 1,000 heartless. It's such a shame this fight is solo, it would've been a great opportunity to level up the wisdom form. Also levelled up some forms:

• Wisdom form lvl 4 (used to be lvl 3)
  • Limit form lvl 5 (used to be lvl 1)
  • Master form lvl 3 (used to be lvl 1)

Now I got dodge roll lvl 2 and aerial dodge lvl 1. The Oathkeeper's Form Boost passive ability really comes in handy for leveling up drive forms and the extra Lucky, Lucky from the limit form literally made it rain synthesis materials. Dark Gem, Power Shard, and Frost Shard are available in the moogle store.

Also tried to explore the Cavern of Remembrance and got killed in 2 hits (I was at full health). I know this is a post-game area, but curiosity got the better of me :facepalm:.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I made some decent progress today:

Finished Pride Lands, Twilight Town revisit, and Space Paranoids and got the limit and master form. Also beat Demyx and made it to the save point before the battle against 1,000 heartless. It's such a shame this fight is solo, it would've been a great opportunity to level up the wisdom form. Also levelled up some forms:

• Wisdom form lvl 4 (used to be lvl 3)
  • Limit form lvl 5 (used to be lvl 1)
  • Master form lvl 3 (used to be lvl 1)

Now I got dodge roll lvl 2 and aerial dodge lvl 1. The Oathkeeper's Form Boost passive ability really comes in handy for leveling up drive forms and the extra Lucky, Lucky from the limit form literally made it rain synthesis materials. Dark Gem, Power Shard, and Frost Shard are available in the moogle store.

Also tried to explore the Cavern of Remembrance and got killed in 2 hits (I was at full health). I know this is a post-game area, but curiosity got the better of me :facepalm:.

Congrats on the progress! :D

Of course it's easy to throw caution to the winds and explore a new area without realizing that the enemies are Level 100, and you're merely Level 30. xD They made it appear right before you finish off Demyx, and it's tempting to ignore Sora's warning of "We can't explore it right now, we have to help the others!" and go into a dangerous area. I did go in there early, but didn't go into the Heartless area, just grabbed the free chest there and left for later. ^_^

Congrats on the progress! :D

Of course it's easy to throw caution to the winds and explore a new area without realizing that the enemies are Level 100, and you're merely Level 30. xD They made it appear right before you finish off Demyx, and it's tempting to ignore Sora's warning of "We can't explore it right now, we have to help the others!" and go into a dangerous area. I did go in there early, but didn't go into the Heartless area, just grabbed the free chest there and left for later. ^_^

Thanks :D. I knew the Cavern had really strong enemies, but wanted to check it out anyway, since it's a new area for me. I got a few chests and puzzle pieces and managed to kill a few bats. Then that car heartless appears and he killed me with 2 hits.

Thanks :D. I knew the Cavern had really strong enemies, but wanted to check it out anyway, since it's a new area for me. I got a few chests and puzzle pieces and managed to kill a few bats. Then that car heartless appears and he killed me with 2 hits.

The worst part in CoR is the last one before the room with the Data bosses.The third wave of Nobodies is just too long.And i don't know if you are able to save in CoR.I remember i finished it in one sitting

Now if only I took my own advice and worked more on my own Kingdom Hearts... ;)

Exactly what's going on on my end... I didn't make any progress at all, other games were more important. I should probably change my goal, getting all four plats until 2.8 seems unlikely, so here's the plan: I'm currently working on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on PS4 and also play Dark Souls 3 with friends every now and then. The time I'll spend on DS3 can't be predicted, that's not part of the plan. But as soon as I get to 100% in Skyrim, I'm going to complete one Kingdom Hearts (probably Birth by Sleep). I'm sure I can get Skyrim out of the way this month, maybe I'll get my first KH platinum in November as well.

There are no plans after that. I might try to platinize one more KH around Christmas, or maybe even two. If I do that, there's still a slight chance of me getting the platinum in all four games efore 2.8.

My update! I have beaten BBS on standard mode for all the characters, beat the final episode, and beat the secret episode. I had been on the grind to 100% Aqua's reports and just finished this last night! I have decided to work on Terra's reports next, wish me luck :)

Great! I'll update the list when you get that shiny new platinum!

On another topic, I will try to work some on the Remixes this weekend as I am going to be at my parents' house all weekend to watch their pets while they are busy on another honey-- I mean, camping trip. (They're pushing 70+ so they deserve all the time alone they can get. ;) )  So I am using that time by bringing my PS3 and getting stuff done for the PRD and Kingdom Hearts, I've put it off long enough.

On yet another topic, what do you guys think about the re-release of these games on PS4 as a full collection? What do you think will be edited and what do you want to see? I would love to see an HD version of the full games of 358/2 Days and re:Coded as well as faster loading screens for KH2FM.

On yet another topic, what do you guys think about the re-release of these games on PS4 as a full collection? What do you think will be edited and what do you want to see? I would love to see an HD version of the full games of 358/2 Days and re:Coded as well as faster loading screens for KH2FM.

I think there will definitely be improved graphics, considering it's been claimed to run at 60 fps. I agree that the load times will definitely be fixed in KH2, as well as the glitch when going into a drive form. However, I don't believe they will make full remasters of 358/2 Days and Re:coded, even though I really hope they do. The only other changes I could see them making is if there were to be seperate trophy lists. Playing through KH1 three times got a bit stale after my beginner speed run.

Edited by Kent10201

On yet another topic, what do you guys think about the re-release of these games on PS4 as a full collection? What do you think will be edited and what do you want to see?

Improved graphics, improved framerate and shorter load times. PS4 Pro support doesn't mean anything to me, I have yet to get a 4k TV, that won't happen anytime soon. But I think we'll get that as well. SE should fix a bug in KH2 so that further strenghtening Sora with items actually does something. I tested it, whether I have 80 defense or 130 makes absolutely no difference on Critical.

Edited by viech54

I think there will definitely be improved graphics, considering it's been claimed to run at 60 fps. I agree that the load times will definitely be fixed in KH2, as well as the glitch when going into a drive form. However, I don't believe they will make full remasters of 358/2 Days and Re:coded, even though I really hope they do. The only other changes I could see them making is if there were to be seperate trophy lists. Playing through KH1 three times got a bit stale after my beginner speed run.

You mean that you wish that the PS4 version's trophy list is shared with the regular Remixes, so any trophies earned in the PS3 version carry over. They did that with Dragon Quest Builders and World of Final Fantasy - having both versions is useless as the trophy list is shared by both games. Trust me, it would make a lot of us fans happy if we didn't have to do Ice Cream Beat Master mode all over again. :)

I'm not deluding myself - I read the interviews and they said that the gameplay would probably be difficult to translate onto a console or whatever, so they decided just to make it a cinema instead. I guess what I'd hope for is that they upgraded the 358/2 Days cutscenes so there would be more action in it like they did with re:coded.

I've been meaning to ask this, but forgot about it every time: when creating the banner, did you save the images on the computer first? 

Are you talking about the banner in the opening post? It loads fine for me. If it's not loading for you, I'll try to create a new banner and load it to Photobucket or one of my blogs. I know the images I paste from there load. :(

Almost there, 80% on Re:CoM. 

I'm hoping that 1.5+2.5 has separate trophy lists as I would like to try platinuming the entire series again. 

If they don't (and I'm 99.9% sure they won't) I'll just disconnect my PS4 from the Internet and Plat them all again, as long as you don't connect it once the trophy data is on SONY's servers you can unlock them on your PS4 again because while offline it only saves trophy data for PS4 trophy lists, but if you connect once the data is on SONY's servers you're out of luck, because as soon as you sync your trophy information it will recognize them as PS4 trophy data and install them on your PS4, even without the game.

Are you talking about the banner in the opening post? It loads fine for me. If it's not loading for you, I'll try to create a new banner and load it to Photobucket or one of my blogs. I know the images I paste from there load. :(

It's loading fine, but I'm talking about the KH logo and the 4 plat images. Those have a black background and you can turn it into a transparent background by saving them on your computer and then open it in whatever program you're using.

If they don't (and I'm 99.9% sure they won't) I'll just disconnect my PS4 from the Internet and Plat them all again, as long as you don't connect it once the trophy data is on SONY's servers you can unlock them on your PS4 again because while offline it only saves trophy data for PS4 trophy lists, but if you connect once the data is on SONY's servers you're out of luck, because as soon as you sync your trophy information it will recognize them as PS4 trophy data and install them on your PS4, even without the game.

If I were to do this and I reconnected my PS4, would the KH games appear twice on the list as PS3 and PS4 versions? Would it be theoretically possible to unlock only some of the trophies for each game before reconnecting to get this to work?