Missing Agent Files Bugged Out / Platinum currently unachievable

Hey Guys,

I've come here to report that in its current state, The Division Platinum is unachievable for some people.

Reason is the "Outside of Playable Area" Bug which spawns you inside the Safehouse after entering an elevator when hunting collectables. There are two Missing Agent File in Midtown East which require entering an elevator, and thus preventing you from getting the "The Finder" bronze trophy. 

The thing is, this is quite a new bug, I've found other people having similar problems and at this point I haven't found a workaround. There are no other ways to get into those particular buildings except the bugged elevator. 

I will report back after I trying some things, like joining a friends session and try to grab it there, creating an alt, go for it during a mission and so on.

Edit:

As User Gigg1337 stated, the bug is now fixed and platinum is achieveable again. The two missing agent files can now be picked up.

Edited by Baba_Hanzbefehl

Hey Guys,

I've come here to report that in its current state, The Division Platinum is unachievable for some people.

Reason is the "Outside of Playable Area" Bug which spawns you inside the Safehouse after entering an elevator when hunting collectables. There are two Missing Agent File in Midtown East which require entering an elevator, and thus preventing you from getting the "The Finder" bronze trophy. 

The thing is, this is quite a new bug, I've found other people having similar problems and at this point I haven't found a workaround. There are no other ways to get into those particular buildings except the bugged elevator. 

I will report back after I trying some things, like joining a friends session and try to grab it there, creating an alt, go for it during a mission and so on.

I really hope this doesn't become a definitive problem. I've had the game since launch and finished the Main Story but haven't bothered to go back to get trophies yet. I hope that when I do return it isn't glitched.

Goodluck finding a work around method, this must really frikin suck for ya. :/

• Like 1

I feel this is a thing that will get patched out eventually but it's hard to say when that will happen.

It's just frustrating people were able to get it in the past, and a new patch comes along and messes stuff up.

Back in my day patches fixed things, not caused them. Edited by HoechlinsButt

Back in my day patches fixed things, not caused them.

Back in your day, patches fucked up just as many things as they fixed, the internet just wasn't used as often to make it public knowledge. And how I know this is that I'm a fellow inhabitant of "your day", and more so besides.

There's a patch to patch the patch in the works.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

Back in your day, patches fucked up just as many things as they fixed, the internet just wasn't used as often to make it public knowledge. And how I know this is that I'm a fellow inhabitant of "your day", and more so besides.

There's a patch to patch the patch in the works.

Actually I don't recall any patches screwing things up for me and this one hasn't either, so I'm good.

So I am looking at this post and feeling lucky that I got it before more patches to mess things up were introduced. The only issue I had was with two Echoes from a side mission that didn't count (Missing Person: Judy Walters, if I am guessing correctly) and incidentally, that was one of the issue many faced back in March and April (around the time the game was launched). Luckily, found a person who hadn't done them, I sought his permission, making sure he is not after the plat himself and went ahead with completing them and it worked. After reading this post, I can only feel for you guys because apparently, Ubisoft and Massive have taken this shit (apologies for the bad word) to a whole new level and looking at how "efficiently" they have handled the game, ironed out the exploits and glitches, you might want to wait for an eternity before this is fixed. Although, I'll suggest tweeting them or posting in the Ubi blog about this problem.

Hope for the best.

Edit: If you have physical disc of this game, have you tried deleting the patch and playing without it?

Edited by dev2610

So I am looking at this post and feeling lucky that I got it before more patches to mess things up were introduced. The only issue I had was with two Echoes from a side mission that didn't count (Missing Person: Judy Walters, if I am guessing correctly) and incidentally, that was one of the issue many faced back in March and April (around the time the game was launched). Luckily, found a person who hadn't done them, I sought his permission, making sure he is not after the plat himself and went ahead with completing them and it worked. After reading this post, I can only feel for you guys because apparently, Ubisoft and Massive have taken this shit (apologies for the bad word) to a whole new level and looking at how "efficiently" they have handled the game, ironed out the exploits and glitches, you might want to wait for an eternity before this is fixed. Although, I'll suggest tweeting them or posting in the Ubi blog about this problem.

Hope for the best.

Edit: If you have physical disc of this game, have you tried deleting the patch and playing without it?

Lol that's actually kinda funny. 

Deleting the patch doesn't do anyone any good, the game requires server access to start and running it without the patch (which forces it offline) would only produce an error. Helping people on the bugged side mission Echoes dev refers to didn't prevent anyone the plat, you have four character slots with reset collectibles to host with.

Unfortunate news with the bugged elevator, if they accidentally made a playable area out-of-bounds there's no other way except letting Ubi know and request they fix it ASAP.

@damon8r351 HoechlinsButt is correct in a sense, old games didn't introduce balancing, new game mechanics or massive amounts of content in the patches. That new content does break old content since there are so many variables depending on each other. Took a year to fix Destiny to an enjoyable state. Took a year to fix Battlefield 4 to an enjoyable state. Probably takes a year to fix Division, too.

Anyway no fine tuning in the patches doesn't mean massive open world RPGs wouldn't always have been the bane of "getting it right the first time". Darklands (1992) took months to make it finishable to begin with. Elder Scrolls 2 Daggerfall (1996) had 9 public patches containing 213 patch revisions total. In that sense releasing games in a state of unfinished, possibly unplayable, nothing new.

As far as I know Ubisoft is aware of the situation.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1466630-Cannot-reach-Missing-Agents-16-18-teleported-back-to-safe-house-(Out-of-Bounds

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1467731-Bug-Missing-Agents-Non-playable-area

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1470803-BUG-Missing-Agent-16-amp-18

Now its just a matter of time. But I'm not too optimistic that its gonna be soon, I guess I'll finish this one up when another big DLC/Patch is released and hope for the best.

I'm just glad I could borrow this game from a friend, had I spent money on this, I would have been pissed.

Deleting the patch doesn't do anyone any good, the game requires server access to start and running it without the patch (which forces it offline) would only produce an error.

Oh yeah, you are right, I completely forgot, this game requires online access and one would eventually be forced to download the latest patch, in any case

.. Helping people on the bugged side mission Echoes dev refers to didn't prevent anyone the plat, you have four character slots with reset collectibles to host with.

Prevented me, I don't know if others were that keen to make a secondary character just to make those echoes count by starting all over and running through those missions from the scratch. I, simply, wasn't that keen. Bottomline: a bug is a bug, it prevented me to obtain the plat, must have prevented a lot of other "like-minded fellow gamers" as well.

Helping people on the bugged side mission Echoes dev refers to didn't prevent anyone the plat, you have four character slots with reset collectibles to host with.

Prevented me, I don't know if others were that keen to make a secondary character just to make those echoes count by starting all over and running through those missions from the scratch.

Oh sorry, I'll clarify. Was rather referring to you saying your partner would ruin his plat by helping you out on it. You simply need to be hosted by a virgin character to make the mission accessible, and you have an infinite resource of those through the extra character slots. You could've immediately made an alt and let him grab the echo in return. Obviously you still need to be hosted so the workaround always required two players, but definitely no need to collect everything twice.

Anyway I digress, since you need to alt to return to those missions and the Echo and I haven't done so since April, I have no idea if it's been fixed since.

Edited by ars

I have the same problem with one of the missing agents ... when I go up with the elevator, the game says to me I'm in unplayable area and it spawns me in safe room. 

The missing agent name is Tatiana Atkins ... 

So the update of my previous post ... 

Now I have 2 missing agents glitched, for both I need to go up with the elevator and both of those agents are in "Midtown East" area ... hope Ubisoft patch this problem soon 

• 2 weeks later...