Which hero & villain can you relate to the most and why?

jackmadrox

pwzlenticularposter_m.jpg

Ray Stevenson's potrayal of The Punisher in 2008. It definitely speaks to my more heroic side. Mainly because he's not a traditional hero, he's anti-hero. He delivers fatal justice to those who harm innocent people, even though his methods are often frowned upon by others who's tactics are purposely less lethal. The Punisher is a dark, tortured man who knows emotional pain all too well. He expresses it all by hunting down ruthless criminals who have no consideration for others and kills them. I do that too, just not in real life of course. I do that through video games. And after a night of killing criminals, he runs to his underground hideout. Me and Frank Castle definitely have this in common: you scope out the negatives in any situation before you even consider the positives. It's always important to know what you're up against before you act. Basically, he knows loss, the pain of it, and so do I. And carrying that weight will be a lifelong condition. Therefore pain will always seem to lurk around in you, a depth only few will be able to understand. I think one of the best things about The Punisher is the heart behind the skull shirt. He often says Frank Castle is dead, and he's just The Punisher now. But I have never thought that to be true. There are shades of humanity that still drift within him. The scene in the underground hideout with Grace ( Julie Benze's daughter in the movie), where she is playing around with Lisa Castle's things, you see that pain rise up in Frank's expression, and Julie Benz tells Grace to put it down. I can personally connect with that for reasons I won't go into. 

heath-ledger-joker-dark-knight.jpg

Heath Ledger's potrayal of The Joker in 2008. Ah yes. Heath Ledger's iconic performance as The Joker in The Dark Knight is I think, a character anyone today can connect with. It's so easy to find pieces of yourself in this guy. Usually, never good pieces. For me, this is me at my lowest point. Bottom of the barrel, nothing to lose, fuck everything and everyone, the system is bullshit, people=shit (Slipknot anyone?) and the whole world should burn while I roll over fucking laughing because... just because. Let's face it, this Joker was so popular because we all identify our worst moods and mental states with a symbol of something or someone who is the ultimate definition of own insanity and insecurities. Why I connect with this villain the most? To me, he's the model for anyone who couldn't win playing by the rules. Life's rules. Life's bullshit circumstances. Other people's treachery and double standards. Sometimes you feel like doing the right thing isn't an option. It's either be a victim or be a villain.

star-ocean-the-last-hope-reimi-saionji.j

She is kind and always tries to help others, especially Edge on their journey to save humankind by trying to find a habitable planet. As an expert marksman, Reimi uses a bow and arrow to take down enemies from a distance, I also like to usually play with characters that are good for distance encounters in games. Her personality is an endearing one.  Reimi Saionji never has an ill thing to say toward another party member, and has plenty of bad things to say to all the enemies, which is similar to me. Much more important than the fact that she is around for pretty much the whole game, Reimi Saionji is of the rare breed of not annoying characters in the game, same as me. I m sure my posts or msgs never annoyed anyone >_>

Edited by ReimiSaionji9742

Hero: Batman

I tend to relate to Batman the most not just because he's only human (obviously) but like him, I tend to acknowledge my limitations, work to improve myself, be well prepared, and above all else never give up. 

Villain: Negan (The Walking Dead)

I like to curse a lot. Enough said.

• Like 2

I'd say based on Tom Holland's potrayal of Spiderman in Captain America: Civil War I relate most towards him. 
Its mostly because we're the same age, he's witty and a little cocky. He plays with his powers and totally reacts like I would in that situation (You know, fighting against famous super people), he's geeky as shit and is smart. (Although Im probably not close as smart as him, but Im smart lol)

So I kinda relate to him in a sense :D

spider-man-captain-america-civil-war-tea

I don't have a good answer for villain yet, however I'll think about it for a while. However I do have to ask, does it need to be in the superhero genre, or could the villain be Ripto in Spyro 2? And can I twist it, so I can say Kratos is the villain from the gods perspectives and they're from his? :P

Edited by MarsipanRumpan
  • Like 1

I don't have a good answer for villain yet, however I'll think about it for a while. However I do have to ask, does it need to be in the superhero genre, or could the villain be Ripto in Spyro 2? And can I twist it, so I can say Kratos is the villain from the gods perspectives and they're from his? :P

It can be from whatever. Comic books, movies, video games etc.   B)

Hero: Noriaki Kakyoin (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

FHvUTZt.png

Loyal to the few friends he has and believes in doing the right thing. Also doesn't like brown-nosing or bowing down while only having respectable people as his friends. Probably one of the few hero characters I feel like I can feel some sort of connection to. Though I'll never be able to do this sadly

RfU9VXs.gif

Not sure about what villain I can pick though. Most villains I like are either outright evil or sympathetic villains. I think at best I would say Solidus Snake from Metal Gear Solid 2 since while he was a bit extreme he at least had good intentions of keeping people from the control of the Patriots and was against their censorship.

• Like 1

I really Like Shantae The Half Genie Hero.- I can relate that in the sense she never gives up, she values her friends trust above all else, place trust in them, that in the end they will do the right thing. She's willing to forgive and joke around but also be serious and know right from wrong. Willing to stand up for those who can't for themselves and will help both friend and foe alike out in a time of need.