This is some BS

I have beaten the campaign 4 times now collecting every single collectible, following the guide perfectly and it still says 60/61. I have joined other people's games and picked up the one collectible (Secret File #1 that is under the bed) that I know is the only one that has not registered and it still has not given me the damn trophy. Has anyone else been running into this problem or does anyone have a solution? The only trophies I have left are for the hoarder (collect all collectibles) and Mystery Solved (All Secret Files) and I would really like to finish this because now it's just getting ridiculous.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I think it still is. Having got platinum twice, your best bet is to play the game first offline and do all the collectibles first without ever touching online, and then when you get the trophies THEN play the game online.

Similar to other buggy games of this nature, like in Borderlands 1, the issue lies with dropping in and out of multiplayer games and it saving your progress with other people collecting collectibles or you collecting collectibles on their game and then dropped connections, people dropping in and tou. Whether it saves properly or not is unknown, so someone might collect a collectible on your save and it saves that fact on your save even though you yourself didn't pick it up and then that collectible is no longer findable on your save.

Just stay offline and you will be fine.

Alternatively you can ignore my advice but have a notepad with all the collectibles on and each time you pick one up, go into the menu and check whether the number has increased or not each time you get one, and then run around and play the game until the save icon appears before going to the main menu/turning off the game etc. Before starting my second platinum I had all the maps in Microsoft Paint files and I was able to put big red X through all the collectibles I picked up, marking them off one by one manually, and then I had no issues with what collectable I had missed or not.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

On 5/15/2020 at 5:27 AM, enaysoft said:

I think it still is. Having got platinum twice, your best bet is to play the game first offline and do all the collectibles first without ever touching online, and then when you get the trophies THEN play the game online.

Similar to other buggy games of this nature, like in Borderlands 1, the issue lies with dropping in and out of multiplayer games and it saving your progress with other people collecting collectibles or you collecting collectibles on their game and then dropped connections, people dropping in and tou. Whether it saves properly or not is unknown, so someone might collect a collectible on your save and it saves that fact on your save even though you yourself didn't pick it up and then that collectible is no longer findable on your save.

Just stay offline and you will be fine.

Alternatively you can ignore my advice but have a notepad with all the collectibles on and each time you pick one up, go into the menu and check whether the number has increased or not each time you get one, and then run around and play the game until the save icon appears before going to the main menu/turning off the game etc. Before starting my second platinum I had all the maps in Microsoft Paint files and I was able to put big red X through all the collectibles I picked up, marking them off one by one manually, and then I had no issues with what collectable I had missed or not.

Oh, really?!  That sucks.

I bought it specifically to play online with my brother.  Do you think it is still safe to play online coop but having only myself collecting the collectibles?  Well, My brother and I have 2 PS4s and play in the same room, so i can tell him to never touch the collectibles.

If not, I would go by your advice of playing the game offline until the collectible trophies pop up.

Thanks for the tips.

Edited by milanbarca82
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, milanbarca82 said:

Oh, really?!  That sucks.

I bought it specifically to play online with my brother.  Do you think it is still safe to play online coop but having only myself collecting the collectibles?  Well, My brother and I have 2 PS4s and play in the same room, so i can tell him to never touch the collectibles.

If not, I would go by your advice of playing the game offline until the collectible trophies pop up.

Thanks for the tips.

Nobody really knows what the issue but like I say since sometimes your progress isn't auto saved for whatever reason, it should be ok as long as you don't keep connecting and reconnecting. Make a private game and make sure only you and your brother can play to make things safe.

Like I said earlier, I would recommend you play with your brother but make sure you both stick together make sure you both go around collecting the collectibles together, like don't do something like one of you collects a collectible and the other doesn't and then both of you leave the area (load a new scene). Make sure neither of you play solo, only on coop, or if you do play solo just don't pick up any key items or collectibles.

You should probably be fine, like I say, make a list/pick of all the collectibles and cross them off together and make sure you check whether the numbers are calculated properly before you quit your gameplay for the day. The fact you are in the same room will make comparing your menu stuff easy.

After you stop playing each day, both of you should backup your save data to a USB pen drive. That way if something goes wrong, you can revert back to a previous save.

I personally think the issue is randoms joining and leaving your game, or when you join someone elses game, pick up some collectibles and then that person quits and you are suddenly thrown back into your game.

You are not doing that so I am sure you will be fine though, just take it easy and keep an eye on things and you should be fine. :)

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...