PS Now - General Questions

StarFang7

I was aware Sony launched this, but kept it in the back of my mind. Anyway, I played Borderlands: The Pre-Sequal [Disc] on a PS3, but I no longer have either. Would renting or paying for a subscription on PS Now be the exact equivalent of owning the game again? I mean most importantly for me is would the trophy list be uniform? So trophies I earn on PS Now once synced would add to the list I started when I played on PS3. I assume this is how it works, I just don't want duplicate trophy lists. But if its is the PS3 version of the game I don't foresee a problem. I've also heard in some cases now you can sync PS3 saves in the cloud and continue that save with PS Now. If this is the case I can see the value more in PS Now; players can revisit games they might not have anymore and complete them without actual buying old hardware or the game.

Anyway I look forward to trying it, but what are your PS Now experiences?

Edited by StarFang7

Yep you're completely right. If you have cloud save with PS plus, then you can definitely carry on your save and continue your game with the same trophy list

BEWARE if you have a Japanese or some European account however and you have the NA version of the game as this will cause you to have two separate lists. When in doubt just create another account and test it on that account. Hope this helps.

Having just used PS Now, I can confirm that trophy lists will stay the same with the PS3 version. So if you played Borderlands on PS3 Disc, the trophy list would be the same on PS Now. 

Cloud saving is also correct but I have yet to confirm myself if you can swap a save from PS3 to the server on PS Now. I assume yes.

Edited by agoraz123

Would renting or paying for a subscription on PS Now be the exact equivalent of owning the game again? I mean most importantly for me is would the trophy list be uniform? So trophies I earn on PS Now once synced would add to the list I started when I played on PS3. I assume this is how it works, I just don't want duplicate trophy lists. But if its is the PS3 version of the game I don't foresee a problem. I've also heard in some cases now you can sync PS3 saves in the could and continue that save with PS Now. If this is the case I can see the value more in PS Now; players can revisit games they might not have anymore and complete them without actual buying old hardware or the game.

Yes, it is like owning the game. It's one trophy list, it will unlock any you haven't unlocked before, no creating a new list.

As long as your save file is on the PSN Cloud, you can use it. I haven't tried it yet, but plan on it and heard you can.

I was aware Sony launched this, but kept it in the back of my mind. Anyway, I played Borderlands: The Pre-Sequal [Disc] on a PS3, but I no longer have either. Would renting or paying for a subscription on PS Now be the exact equivalent of owning the game again? I mean most importantly for me is would the trophy list be uniform? So trophies I earn on PS Now once synced would add to the list I started when I played on PS3. I assume this is how it works, I just don't want duplicate trophy lists. But if its is the PS3 version of the game I don't foresee a problem. I've also heard in some cases now you can sync PS3 saves in the could and continue that save with PS Now. If this is the case I can see the value more in PS Now; players can revisit games they might not have anymore and complete them without actual buying old hardware or the game.

Anyway I look forward to trying it, but what are your PS Now experiences?

Yep you can use your PS3 save on PS Now and vice versa. What is your download speed though? It could impact your experience.

Yep you can use your PS3 save on PS Now and vice versa. What is your download speed though? It could impact your experience.

It is 167 Mbps.

Thanks everyone for the clarification, this community rocks. I can't wait to try it  :)

I got a 1 month sub not too long ago and I've been looking into PSNow since.

I also read PSNow and PS+ cloud saves can be transferred to one another.

There's an FAQ available at the official ps site.

What I don't know is how I access PSNow on PS3 if I have a sub. Every other device has an app but I couldn't find one on PS3.

Edited by DizzyDavidson

I rented Uncharted on Vita when it first launched, and it just lagged and dc me constantly. Hopefully you have better luck with it than I did. I've also watched one American YT channel, and they suffered lag using PS4 for some game... The Cave?

Anyway... I'd rent before committing, unless you're confident in your internet.

It is 167 Mbps.

Thanks everyone for the clarification, this community rocks. I can't wait to try it  :)

Oh yeah that is plenty. My experience with PS Now was ok but nothing special but is was close to two years ago and I am sure there aren't many servers near Alaska. Closest one I would guess is in California. I used the 7 Day Free Trial on PS3 and I rented a Hunting game because it was going to be an easy 100% even if the streaming sucked. There was some obvious visual compression but it in no way made the game unplayable. There was a little bit input lag but there are a few variables there could have been causing that. At the time my download speed was only 18Mbps and I haven't tried it since I upgraded to 50. Another reason could have been server location. Like I said, I highly doubt they are hosting a server out of Alaska so I know I am pinging somewhere a couple thousand miles away. Still, it did not make the game unplayable for me.

I think your best bet would be to buy the 3 month subscription for $30 so that you have plenty of time time to get the platinum and I am sure that is cheaper than renting it for the time it would take to plat. Better yet, if you have never used it before, you should have a free 7 Day Trial so you can make sure it can run well enough to play.

I rented Uncharted on Vita when it first launched, and it just lagged and dc me constantly. Hopefully you have better luck with it than I did. I've also watched one American YT channel, and they suffered lag using PS4 for some game... The Cave?

Anyway... I'd rent before committing, unless you're confident in your internet.

Yeah I would avoid trying to use PS Now through WiFi. I know you don't have much of an option on a Vita though.

Edited by skateak