"People who have played this also played..."

Just a completely random thought.

When you look at a games trophies, maybe there could be a little 5-game list off to the side (or accessible in some way) that just shows some of the most commonly owned/played games of people who have the game on their list.

For example, you go onto Uncharted 2 and off to the side it has:

- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

- Red Dead Redemption

- Grand Theft Auto IV

- Resident Evil 5

- Shadow of the Damned

Every game would have a different list and like many things on this site, it'd be a source of little tidbits of information and fun facts. Plus it'd give people itching for a new game to play a harmless suggestion or two in terms of gameplay and quality.

As far as where to put it, maybe make it a premium feature. You could fit 5 or so of the little game images side-by-side in the black bar area where it'd normally say "Donate to become a premium member". Just a thought. ;):

People who played this game also enjoy: S04f346.pngS04f346.pngS04f346.pngS04f346.pngS04f346.png

• Like 3

I like that feature, sort of like what Amazon has with "Customers who purchased this also purchased...". It could be cool to see what gamers like you are also playing. I'm not sure in which way you propose for it to work as you didn't really state it but I would really like it to be down to pure statistics and the most common games and not be totally random.

For example, I click on Uncharted 2 and of the 10,000 users who played this game, the most common game on their lists is Uncharted Drake's Fortune with 78% of the users having played it. Then, show the next four most common games.

I like that feature, sort of like what Amazon has with "Customers who purchased this also purchased...". It could be cool to see what gamers like you are also playing. I'm not sure in which way you propose for it to work as you didn't really state it but I would really like it to be down to pure statistics and the most common games and not be totally random.

For example, I click on Uncharted 2 and of the 10,000 users who played this game, the most common game on their lists is Uncharted Drake's Fortune with 78% of the users having played it. Then, show the next four most common games.

I fully agree with this. There's no possible (okay, probable) way that it could be updated manually and chosen by a single person.

Yeah, that's more or less what I was suggesting. If Sly did something like this, I would hope he would go an avenue of having the site automatically calculate and list the most common games.

Hmm... an interesting idea. Obviously inspired by Amazon and the like online shops.

With Amazon, they simply track the pages your looking at and pair them together based on session, so per session customers looked at these products, and finally purchased this one. Since there's no transaction here it's going to be more difficult.

I think we need to refine it a little more, otherwise I think you would see the same games all the time (basically the most common games people have). Expect a lot of GTA IV's? Or whatever is a common game.

Also, if we could relate say Uncharted 2 to Uncharted... is that really any use? Stands to reason if people play the first, they're going to try the sequel. Or vice versa, can't see that's much use personally.

If this is about discovering new games to play that are similiar to this one, I don't think comparing the trophy lists is really going to produce that information accurately. Trophy w****s are going to throw it out of whack as they play almost any game. Isn't that what reviews are for anyway?

Also, if we could relate say Uncharted 2 to Uncharted... is that really any use? Stands to reason if people play the first, they're going to try the sequel. Or vice versa, can't see that's much use personally.

If this is about discovering new games to play that are similiar to this one, I don't think comparing the trophy lists is really going to produce that information accurately. Trophy w****s are going to throw it out of whack as they play almost any game. Isn't that what reviews are for anyway?

Yeah, there will be obvious ones. Uncharted 1 will undoubtedly have Uncharted 2 in it's "common games" list and while it may not be particularly useful, it makes sense. Little Big Planet 1 will probably have Little Big Planet 2. What fills those other four spots may sometimes surprise you. The lists may sometimes populate with popular games instead of showing interesting new suggestions. I still think it's the nicest way to go about this though.

I would rather have a few lists that are somewhat similar and consistent then lists thrown together haphazardly based on the pages people have visited.

Maybe filling up the common games list with 6-10 games instead of 5 would produce more interesting results?

Or give "Similar Games" it's own tab alongside the Leaderboards and Platinum Club and 100% Club and whatnot and list the top 30 or 50 most common games. That way it's given plenty of opportunity to get past the obvious ones and get into more useful suggestions.

Perhaps if we take this idea, and the feature of being able to "like" trophy tips on the main page - and combine the two?

So you would be able to "like" games, which would turn the proposed feature into "People who liked Uncharted 2: Among Thieves also liked...", which should combat the problem of it displaying the same games over and over due to them being owned by a lot of people.

this isnt that bad of an idea. The way i would look at doing it would be more along the lines of adding a genre to each game, then code would choose 5 random games of the same genre to display or sort them by the most users and show them 5.

This would probably be the ideal, but also the most work since I wouldn't think genre information can be pulled in.

I still think a seperate tab for "Similar Games" (amongst the Leaderboard, Platinum Club, 100% Club, etc for a single game) with a listing of 25-30 games sorted by the most commonly owned would provide some interesting results. I could be wrong though lol.

Perhaps if we take this idea, and the feature of being able to "like" trophy tips on the main page - and combine the two?

So you would be able to "like" games, which would turn the proposed feature into "People who liked Uncharted 2: Among Thieves also liked...", which should combat the problem of it displaying the same games over and over due to them being owned by a lot of people.

Would it really combat it though? I actually think people would have a wider variety of games on their trophy lists over the years, then if people were given the option of individual games to "like".

We'd just have the problem then of everyone mostly "liking" the popular and expected games.

Would it really combat it though? I actually think people would have a wider variety of games on their trophy lists over the years, then if people were given the option of individual games to "like".

We'd just have the problem then of everyone mostly "liking" the popular and expected games.

By allowing people to "like" it, yes there's less games, but it also makes them more specific, because right now, you can pretty much guarantee any game you look at would suggest you play LittleBigPlanet, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and inFamous.

By allowing people to "like" it, yes there's less games, but it also makes them more specific, because right now, you can pretty much guarantee any game you look at would suggest you play LittleBigPlanet, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and inFamous.

But if those games are guaranteed by default, whats stopping people from simply "liking" those games? Clearly they do lol. Unless they just lie to the "like" button and choose more obscure games for the sake of more interesting results.

EDIT: Maybe replace LittleBigPlanet with LittleBigPlanet 2, Modern Warfare 2 with Blops and inFamous with inFamous 2... but it's the same idea.

Yeah this actually seems like a viable idea, of course it requires people to actually come on the site and "like" it.

Over on .com I remember sly tagged each game in the DB with genre tags, the most logical thing to do would be for him to simply instate that system over here, then when you go to the title it pulls up all other games the user has played of the same / similar genres and adds those to a list, placing them perhaps in order by trophy %.

No. I picked the most owned games (according to this site's statistics).

No. That's not what I meant. I know the ones you chose are the most owned, however the sequels and most recent iterations of those games would probably fill up the games that people choose to "like". Right? That is what it sounds like for the system your proposing. Instead of filling up the list with the most owned games, people will just fill it up with the flavor(s) of the month. There's also nothing stopping them from "liking" LittleBigPlanet, Modern Warfare 2 and inFamous anyways, so we're back at square one.

And as Griefheart said, it only applies to the members on this site. While I hope to see the site grow to incredible numbers... it's a smaller sample size to work with and is, personally, less interesting.

Placing games into genre's (if possible), sifting through the entire PSN database cataloged on the site for the most commonly owned games and displaying the top 5 or 10 or 30 or whatever on a individual games page... would definitely be the ideal. It's probably the ideal that requires the most work on Sly's part though. If it's something he's even interested in.

When I said "B

No. That's not what I meant. I know the ones you chose are the most owned, however the sequels and most recent iterations of those games would probably fill up the games that people choose to "like". Right? That is what it sounds like for the system your proposing. Instead of filling up the list with the most owned games, people will just fill it up with the flavor(s) of the month. There's also nothing stopping them from "liking" LittleBigPlanet, Modern Warfare 2 and inFamous anyways, so we're back at square one.

And as Griefheart said, it only applies to the members on this site. While I hope to see the site grow to incredible numbers... it's a smaller sample size to work with and is, personally, less interesting.

Placing games into genre's (if possible), sifting through the entire PSN database cataloged on the site for the most commonly owned games and displaying the top 5 or 10 or 30 or whatever on a individual games page... would definitely be the ideal. It's probably the ideal that requires the most work on Sly's part though. If it's something he's even interested in.

When I said "because right now, you can pretty much guarantee any game you look at would suggest you play LittleBigPlanet, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and inFamous" - I meant with the current proposal (of games which others own) - my post really doesn't make that clear, sorry.

When I said "B

When I said "because right now, you can pretty much guarantee any game you look at would suggest you play LittleBigPlanet, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and inFamous" - I meant with the current proposal (of games which others own) - my post really doesn't make that clear, sorry.

:huh:

I'm just saying your idea of 'liking' games will ultimately wind up with the same problems that the current proposal would have. Either the "common games" list would be filled with all the same most owned games backed by statistics (current proposal), or it will be filled with all the same most liked games that people 'like' (your proposal). And who knows, a lot of people will probably just end up 'liking' a lot of the games they own anyways... so the lists might not end up so different in the end. The only difference really, would be sample size.

Same problem, different games. Or maybe not even different games.