Cheap Japanese games

Steva24

I am looking to get easy JPN games for plats in any of the 3 consoles. I have been looking around in sites like Play-Asia and other similar ones , but I was hoping someone would know a site that's not so 'famous'and sells games in lower prices . Any ideas-proposals-suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any answer that comes up !

https://buyee.jp/help/yahoo/guide?lang=en

Buyee lets you buy from Yahoo Auctions, which is essentially Japan's answer to Ebay. Since a lot of the games are used, the prices can often be much lower than a site like Play-Asia, which only really stocks new games. Though it's not the cheapest in all cases, due to prices being bumped up by the handling fees.

The only downside is that every now and then I get hit by a customs charge. I don't think that's ever happened when buying from Play-Asia, but it all really comes down to luck.

Ebay itself can be pretty good as well, though I guess that will vary by country.

Which sites did you check?

if you are looking for cheap ones then then ps3 games would be your best bet, most you should be able to find for $25 or less

for slightly-much older games solarisjapan.com is the place I have found to have the best deals. It sees like they upped their shipping quite a bit about 6 or so months ago but its still cheaper shipping than other  sites and they sell used gaes too so even more savings. However I am not  sure on the prices for shipping to places other than the United States

For brand new games, Nippon-yasan.com usually has the best deal by a bit

Edited by MrUnknown625

@xeliot : Anything that's easy and 'fast' :)

@shadow : thanks I'll check it out!

@xhillia : I don't get any results on that!

@mrunknown : older games work fine as well. I'm not willing to go over 25 euros for a game. I havent checked Solaris.Thanks!

Edited by Steva24

The Visual Novels are always the cheapest.

EDIT: I think?

Rarely. Like any used game market, the cheapest used games are games that had a large print run, but a lot of people want to get rid of their copies, so usually it is AAA games that people finished or people got bored of. However, VNs are not AAA games. In fact, a lot of them have very limited print runs. As a result, a lot of them are above 2500 yen, after all shipping cost.

As for the op, personally I also use Amazon.co.jp, but as a warning, used games from there don't ship internationally, you have to ship to a forwarder and then ship to you. (Personally, I use http://tensojapan.jshoppers.com/for forwarding)

As for auctions, I use http://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/which is pretty similar to buyee except slightly different fees. Personally, I am a bit against Buyee since they're owned by Tenso which has gotten me with a bunch of hidden fees before. I heard Buyee is better, but don't feel like testing.

As for some recommendations for cheap VNs.

`&' - 空の向こうで咲きますように

White Album

White Album 2

ROBOTICS;NOTES

真 流行り神

BEYOND THE FUTURE - FIX THE TIME ARROWS

解放少女 SIN

If you want other easy trophies, try looking at:

Idolm@ster G4U (and everything else related to this)

Persona 4 Dancing All Night

Well... cheap and Japanese never go together...

I'm for eBay. I got best prices from there.

Since you are from EU as well, you should probably prefer eBay as well.

Amazon prices are comparable, but custom charges cost you an arm and leg since Amazon always puts their logo and correct price on visible place and customs always get it.

The only viable option is paying Amazon to handle it. Even though that usually ends up cheaper than paying customs yourself but it ends up more expensive than eBay price.

in any of the 3 consoles. 

Remember that Vita can only be supplied by the physical versions.

The Visual Novels are always the cheapest.

Easiest.

Definitely not cheapest.

解放少女 SIN

11 HanaKanas out of 10 approve of this.

And because I must. Don't rape VNs :/ They deserve to be read...

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1