Future updates wants or needs?

kmosesltd

Making it attachable to your ship would be good but it would have to be made available if you have a ship of certain size and storage capabilities.

The Lunar Rover was only the square footage of a coffee table when folded up. That could only take up the space of a single mod slot, call it Rover Bay or something. The Lunar Rover for the Apollo program was what I had in mind when I said rover. It doesn't remove you from the environment completely, it just gives you an option to move faster.

I've put a lot more thought into a few things I'd like to see, whilst I like the game there are a lot of elements I feel are missing or lacking.

1. More variation of buildings and space stations

2. Being able to ally with a specific race of aliens

3. More alien NPCs, like when they dock their ship at trade posts it would be interesting to see them outside of the ship and walking around

4. More dialogue options - I have got to the point now where the same things are being repeated

5. Better puzzles in the observatories, feel like they could've done something more dynamic with this

6. Ringed planets

7. Planets rotating and orbiting.  Would like to see some realistic physics in terms of that

8. More differentiation between ships

9. Crafting that has complexity - more depth in terms of trade and resources

10. More aspects of predation among fauna and more realistic interactions with the landscape

11. Bugs - I feel as though there should be more insects

I don't know...I guess the more I play, the more I realize that a lot of the ideals I was sold on back when I saw the game back in 2014 and 2015 have been lost over time.

I have honestly not seen any fauna that has looked like this and whilst the stuff I have seen has given me a good giggle, it has left me with an element of disappointment.  With all the talk about the Neo and things I have read, it makes me wonder if this is just a tech demo and we are going to see the actual No Man's Sky release on the Neo.

Edited by RachP13

Bugs - I feel as though there should be more insects.

Yeah, we all agree, this game does not have enough bugs :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help myself, I'll go stand in the corner now.

I don't know...I guess the more I play, the more I realize that a lot of the ideals I was sold on back when I saw the game back in 2014 and 2015 have been lost over time.

I have honestly not seen any fauna that has looked like this and whilst the stuff I have seen has given me a good giggle, it has left me with an element of disappointment. With all the talk about the Neo and things I have read, it makes me wonder if this is just a tech demo and we are going to see the actual No Man's Sky release on the Neo.

I agree. The people who are not actually playing it can whine all they want about multiplayer which is a load of bull, but us actually playing the game know the one true "lie": that No Man's Sky would look that good. I've seen a few beautiful worlds though but nothing as dense as that, and I have yet to see any really big creature, as in more than two or three times my height. Especially such a brachiosaurus-like creature. My guess is they had to downscale the density of the game when they upscaled the planet count from 2^32 to 2^64.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the game is awesome - the planets still look really alien to me and there's so many other weird and/or beautiful creatures out there, I just think it's graphically less than what was shown. There has to be a story there.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

I didn't read anything about trophies... yes, yes I know, us trophy hunters are a minority, but I would have played this game to no end if the trophies were harder or more time consuming. I'd like an added trophy pack with some absolutely crazy trophies. My ideas are as follows:

• Land on 1,000 planets
  • Harvest 1,000,000 Heridium/Carbon/Iron, etc
  • Have 10 Multi-tool modifiers that are of level 3 or higher (encourages crafting)
  • Selling 10,000,000 units of goods on the Galaxy Market
  • Purchase 25 different ships
  • Destroy 500,000 asteroids
  • Scan and catalog 1,000 different plants or creatures
  • Survive in extreme climate for 20 minutes without replenishing your shields or suit (or whatever duration would require the Sigma, Tau and Theta protection shields active at the same time)
  • Find 5,000 technology that you already know (IKR)
  • and my personal favorite: Visit a planet that someone else discovered <== this alone would make the platinum trophy either unearned or in <1% buckets.

Unrelated to trophies, I got a Spore sense when I played this game, and it would be neat if they allowed everyone to terraform one planet of their choosing (and only one, ever). This would be your home base where you could, perhaps, store rare relics or ships or milestone rewards.

Yeah, we all agree, this game does not have enough bugs :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help myself, I'll go stand in the corner now.

I agree. The people who are not actually playing it can whine all they want about multiplayer which is a load of bull, but us actually playing the game know the one true "lie": that No Man's Sky would look that good. I've seen a few beautiful worlds though but nothing as dense as that, and I have yet to see any really big creature, as in more than two or three times my height. Especially such a brachiosaurus-like creature. My guess is they had to downscale the density of the game when they upscaled the planet count from 2^32 to 2^64.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the game is awesome - the planets still look really alien to me and there's so many other weird and/or beautiful creatures out there, I just think it's graphically less than what was shown. There has to be a story there.

One of the things about that 2015 video that I don't understand why they changed, is that you upload your discoveries from the beacon on the planet.  That method would be so much better than the interface we have been given.  Also the space scan of the planet gives so many waypoints....I want that.

Edited by RachP13

I'd really like to know how many words I know of the three species in this game... Instead of a cumulative total. It'd be nice to know of which race I know which words with, so if I can see one that very little amount of words, I can focus on finding and increasing my vocabulary in that races dialect.

There are approximately 400 words in the Gek language, if that helps? I say approximately because I know 401 words, but 1 of them is definitely an Atlas word, and I may have learned 2 Atlas words (I don't remember exactly). But 400 is a good estimate, if it's off it's not off by much.

Towards the end you start learning words like "the" and "a" before moving into very specific storyline words like "Nada" and "Polo" and finally ending with the error "You didn't learn anything new" once you have learned them all.

• Like 1

I think it would be cool if you could name a planet as your home world and build a base to dock and display your ship. Basically adding more customization like a lot of us want. This would also be a easy way to return to a planet you particularly liked.

I think it would be cool if you could name a planet as your home world and build a base to dock and display your ship. Basically adding more customization like a lot of us want. This would also be a easy way to return to a planet you particularly liked.

Don't know if you know this but Sean Murray already confirmed that bases (and freighters) are updates they are planning.

• Like 1

I didn't read anything about trophies... yes, yes I know, us trophy hunters are a minority, but I would have played this game to no end if the trophies were harder or more time consuming. I'd like an added trophy pack with some absolutely crazy trophies. My ideas are as follows:

• Land on 1,000 planets
  • Have 10 Multi-tool modifiers that are of level 3 or higher (encourages crafting)
  • Survive in extreme climate for 20 minutes without replenishing your shields or suit (or whatever duration would require the Sigma, Tau and Theta protection shields active at the same time)
  • and my personal favorite: Visit a planet that someone else discovered <== this alone would make the platinum trophy either unearned or in <1% buckets.

Unrelated to trophies, I got a Spore sense when I played this game, and it would be neat if they allowed everyone to terraform one planet of their choosing (and only one, ever). This would be your home base where you could, perhaps, store rare relics or ships or milestone rewards.

This right here, the trophies seem too simplistic, the only reason I haven't got platinum is I'm taking my time warping, and that's all I have left to attain.

There needs to be better trophies and I really like the trophy ideas listed here.

• Land on 1,000 planets

This right here, the trophies seem too simplistic, the only reason I haven't got platinum is I'm taking my time warping, and that's all I have left to attain.

There needs to be better trophies and I really like the trophy ideas listed here.

I like the trophies as they are actually, without the survival one you don't have to go out of your way for it, you just have to play the game.

I would not mind additional trophies but I'd rather see them connected to new features - build a base with at least twenty rooms, own a fully stocked freighter, and so on.

Wow....well shit :-/  Hopefully all the things that are talked about in the video come to the game in the future....

Jup... That video has been watched so often so quickly, it was the top search result for "No Man's Sky" for a while, which is how I found it because I was looking for something completely different.

I never even knew we were supposed to get crashed freighters or sand monsters... Once I realised I wanted the game all those years ago I tried not to watch any new info so I could just be surprised. Good thing or I would have been very disappointed indeed.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Husband has followed it all this time, and he doesn't tend to pre-order games and prior to No Man's Sky he was very disillusioned with games in general due to shit like this happening.  He hoped No Man's Sky would be different.  

One could argue that those videos were from 2014 and 2015 so things could change, but there is this IGN demo from April this year and despite some changes to the user interface, there are still things on there that show the game better than what it is now.  Makes you wonder what happened from April to July to make them change so much stuff and I don't for one second believe that it was lack of processing power on the PS4 part.

7. Planets rotating and orbiting.  Would like to see some realistic physics in terms of that

Judging from patch notes, this or something close to this already exists in the game, but was toned down by the release day patch because playtesters were having trouble coping with it.

I'd like the ability to expand the ships inventory without purchasing a new ship.  I think there should be add on ship upgrades (thinking kind of like the gummi ships on Kingdom Hearts)

I am glad I'm not the only one who thought of Kingdom Hearts when I wished Hello games expanded on the ship customization. Let us be able to change parts of the ship to give them a new look we want or being able to pick colors or paint themes. Waiting at the space station for randomly generated ships is ok an all but if you could build your own.... Cockpit style....wings.....ect ect

I like the trophies as they are actually, without the survival one you don't have to go out of your way for it, you just have to play the game.

I would not mind additional trophies but I'd rather see them connected to new features - build a base with at least twenty rooms, own a fully stocked freighter, and so on.

I like the trophies too just the way they are, I'm in agreeance with you on the other trophy ideas you suggested, those trophies make more sense and fall more in line with what we see in other game pertaining to the activities we do and the tasks we partake in.

• 2 weeks later...

meanwhile Sean Murray be like:

pl0aYGu.png

but hey at least they noticed that most of the wanted features are missing so after customer support comes some "features"?

don't get me wrong I don't want to hate this game and it's sure not the only game that promised more or was overhyped. but I just can't understand devs these days.. :hmm:

M8S3Uzz.png

• 8 months later...

While I've been playing the game lately for the DLC trophies, I've been emailing the studio with occasional bug reports and ideas for later additions. Here's some ideas I've come up with, be neat to see what they say about them:

• Planets with two permanent extreme hazard conditions at the same time. Examples: Extreme heat and extreme toxicity, or extreme cold and extreme radioactivity. Maybe more of a Survival/Permadeath mode feature.
  • Space weather. Your ship occasionally gets affected by electromagnetic pulses from solar flares. Make certain stars more active than others. A flare could drain your deflector, fry a module (requiring repair), or affect your player somehow. Create a rechargeable hazard protection module for your ship to help mitigate the effects of a flare.
  • Improve the inventory transfer method. Example: When you press triangle on an item, a dialog box asks you what inventory you want to send it to (exosuit, starship, exocraft, freighter). Right now the system is clunky and uneven with the addition of the freighter and exocraft inventories
  • Improve the targeting system on the starship so you can switch targets using a D-Pad key. Right now the system focuses on a single target and stays there until you destroy it, even if it's behind you and a bigger threat is in front of you.
  • Make player-built beacons on planets visible to other players, and from space. Makes it easier to find other people's bases if you can leave a breadcumb trail with a beacon and comm station broadcasting your base's coordinates to use with the Pilgrim's Path app, in systems around your home planet.
  • Be able to build your own custom starships on your freighter using collectible plans, cash investments, and currently unused resources like lemmium and crolium.
  • Allow for more complexity in your ground bases by making decorative items, decals, and lighting not count toward the overall complexity value.
  • Create an underwater mode for the Nomad exocraft, making it a de facto submarine.
  • Planets with different levels of gravity
  • Gas giants. Not necessarily to explore, but for aesthetics. The moons can be explorable though.
  • Ringed planets
Edited by damon8r351

On 8/17/2016 at 2:01 PM, Kallume said:

and my personal favorite: Visit a planet that someone else discovered <== this alone would make the platinum trophy either unearned or in <1% buckets.

On 8/16/2016 at 11:57 AM, Rach said:

I had loads of ideas but that was the only one I could think of just now....I guess a lot of mine are trivial cosmetic things (ability to name your own ship)

On 8/16/2016 at 4:56 PM, BillyHorrible said:

With the freighter update, I hope we'll be able to dock our regular ship with it.

On 8/16/2016 at 6:14 PM, Ougl said:

- the ability to stack any item

- an easy way to go back to a previous system. I miss my starting planet, it was gorgeous

On 8/16/2016 at 7:22 PM, Jounochi said:

Player Space Station - it would be cool to have your own space station that has a beacon you can jump to from other star systems.

On 8/17/2016 at 3:21 PM, StarFang7 said:

On 8/20/2016 at 1:49 PM, kmosesltd said:

For the love of God, I wish they'd implement a "skip text/speech" button lol... The amount of time I waste waiting for the text to appear on screen....

On 8/16/2016 at 10:37 AM, damon8r351 said:

Rovers to drive on planet surfaces. That have their own mods and inventory. You'd probably need a bigger ship to carry something like that, but I'm fine with that.

Wishes granted! At least in some form.

Thought it'd be fun to compare some of the old things mentioned with what is actually in the game now. Everything quoted here was actually added into the game at a later date.

Edited by damon8r351

2 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

Thought it'd be fun to compare some of the old things mentioned with what is actually in the game now. Everything quoted here was actually added into the game at a later date.

I've made myself a promise to return to No Man's Sky once I've reached platinum 50, so not too far away.  I'm looking forward to seeing the new additions to the game and will most likely play on my prior save and enjoy the new additions before even considering trying out perma-death

4 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

1 hour ago, Rach said:

I've made myself a promise to return to No Man's Sky once I've reached platinum 50, so not too far away.  I'm looking forward to seeing the new additions to the game and will most likely play on my prior save and enjoy the new additions before even considering trying out perma-death

I remain of the opinion that the game was a lot of fun in its first state, but that it was also shit compared to what was promised. It has left a sour taste in my mouth that I just can't get rid of.

I may still play the game again, a year or two from now, once my backlog has been dealt with and if I can get the game without paying directly for it (like in a trade or through PS+). I just wish all those nice additions (that were actually promised up front) would have been in my first sixty hours with the game.

Still sad about the lack of brachiosaurs. Have those been added yet, and do the creatures in general look and act better now?

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Still sad about the lack of brachiosaurs. Have those been added yet, and do the creatures in general look and act better now?

The whole game looks, and sounds, way better, is a lot more user friendly than what it started out as, and performs better. No, no brachiosaurs, at least not in the way you saw in the trailer. They do exist though. The upper limit for a creature in the game is currently under 10 meters. If that's what you're holding out for, in the face of everything that's been done to improve it in the last 9 months, and everything else that the PC part of the community has been cracking the game files to find that hints at what's to come, then that's your loss. For instance, there's ample evidence of a fourth alien race under works, maybe a hostile one, and some substantial clues pointing at more combat related additions.

Edited by damon8r351

Well. They've created a fun new way of getting around on the surface, created a way of personalizing a small part of the galaxy for yourself, made it easier to make money in the game and get a hold the resources you need, tweaked nearly all aspects of the user interface, not only tweaked but overhauled the graphic presentation of the game, added 4k support, increased the size of the soundtrack and tweaked the ambient noise of the game, and made the game tons more user friendly and increased the convenience of a lot of the features. Plus there's the groundwork in the files that have been freshly added but not yet implemented, pointing at future things to come. There's not a single aspect of the game that has been left untouched or unchanged since launch day, and this in the face of accusations that they packed up their studio and left with the money. Meanwhile, you're stuck on two creatures and an overblown static object. What's sad is that people are still holding a grudge after so long. So I'll say it again in case you didn't quite understand me, That's your loss.

Edited by damon8r351