Future updates wants or needs?

kmosesltd

For me this game is actually really cool, I've travelled 100s of thousands of light years and I can't stop playing, mostly because every single place I go to is different.

But even in all of that, there are still a few things that I would like to see implemented in future downloads, and I'm just wondering what you would like to see?

Its pretty much open game here, so feel free to suggest anything from wanting to see new trophies or journey milestones, to things they should consider revamping or fixing.

I'd like to see a milestone for plants discovered, just general planets. To that extent, I'd like to see the Discoveries or Journey tabs changed to allow more information to be shown.

For instance, each journey category can easily be expanded. For distance travelled it could show you how much distance you flown, walked, jet packed, etc.

Aliens met, could show you how many of each species you met.

Under units earned, it could also show you how much you've spent.

So tell me, what would you like done to make the game better? Or enhance the experience? Or to challenge you even more?

Edited by kmosesltd
  • Like 1

Fix the bugs, yada yada yada.

I've already suggested this elsewhere, and I'm doing it again: Refueling from stars. Other games in this genre let you mount a gas scoop on your ship, then orbit near a star siphoning hydrogen/helium for fuel. It makes moving large distances across the galaxy quicker, because you just have to orbit a star for a short while until you top off then move on your way. It's a common sci-fi trope. An episode of Doctor Who centers around it. Make it an option, a plan you have to find and then craft from super rare elements.

Variances in surface gravity. Make certain planets have stronger gravity than others.

Rovers to drive on planet surfaces. That have their own mods and inventory. You'd probably need a bigger ship to carry something like that, but I'm fine with that.

Make it so you can transfer mods to new ships and tools without having to rebuild them again if they aren't on your new thing. Also to be able to move or disassenble and rebuild the baseline things that bad positioning often prevents you from lining up the companion mods to your advantage.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

Variances in surface gravity. Make certain planets have stronger gravity than others.

This is like the most stupid thing in the game IMHO. Every planet has the exact same gravity :/

Also, i think it would be cool if planets could be less "smooth". I mean, on earth we have a 9km high mountain, on mars there is a 33km high mountain. I'm sure there are some planet with even bigger mountains or volcanoes. Why does it seem to be max 300 meters in the game :(

Also, i don't know it this is already existing or not (maybe it is...), i would REALLY love to be able to find our solar system! How great would it be to find Earth! and they could program some real life animal species. I mean, being able to watch cats, dogs, cow, horses or even humans! i would LOVE this.

Also, i don't like the fact that tere seem to be only 3 intelligent lifeform in the game (well, maybe 4 :D). It would be cool to be able to discover new species, maybe via side quests.

This is like the most stupid thing in the game IMHO. Every planet has the exact same gravity :/

Also, i think it would be cool if planets could be less "smooth". I mean, on earth we have a 9km high mountain, on mars there is a 33km high mountain. I'm sure there are some planet with even bigger mountains or volcanoes. Why does it seem to be max 300 meters in the game :(

Also, i don't know it this is already existing or not (maybe it is...), i would REALLY love to be able to find our solar system! How great would it be to find Earth! and they could program some real life animal species. I mean, being able to watch cats, dogs, cow, horses or even humans! i would LOVE this.

Also, i don't like the fact that tere seem to be only 3 intelligent lifeform in the game (well, maybe 4 :D). It would be cool to be able to discover new species, maybe via side quests.

It's been confirmed at least that planet earth does not exist in this game. As for our solar system I don't know.

The gravity is something that I thought was in the game, I thought the jet packs were working differently on different planets.

It's possible that the 300 meter limit is because it take up too much to create? Not sure, but you raise a valid point.

I'd like the ability to expand the ships inventory without purchasing a new ship.  I think there should be add on ship upgrades (thinking kind of like the gummi ships on Kingdom Hearts)

Ive enter played Kingdom Hearts sadly lol... But I sympathize with you, it sucks that to expand you have to buy a whole new ship. I guess the bonus of buying a new ship is the look of the ship changes.

I had loads of ideas but that was the only one I could think of just now....I guess a lot of mine are trivial cosmetic things (ability to name your own ship)

Nothing trivial if you ask me, it's always neat to see what other people would feel make this game better even down to the cosmetic aspect of it. Being able to rename ships would be nice, sort of like personalizing the ship.

Gas giants too instead of just rocky planets. The developers actually addressed this during development and the reason was they wanted every planet to possibly be explorable. Which in my opinion is invalid because gas giants are still of scientific interest in exoplanet study. A gas giant in the habitable zone of a star wouldn't itself be explorable, but any of its moons would be of great interest because they could be habitable. It's a central concept of Arthur C. Clarke's Space Odyssey books. Endor was a moon of gas giant. Saturn's moon Titan warrants a significant amount of interest because it has the right atmosphere and hydrocarbon content for life. Even without that, flying into the atmosphere of a gas giant could give you an interest flight experience. Or there could be flying lifeforms to find. I've lost count of how many sci fi books I've read with jellyfish floating around in a gas giant.

Also, i don't know it this is already existing or not (maybe it is...), i would REALLY love to be able to find our solar system! How great would it be to find Earth!

I understand the appeal, but the galaxy in the game isn't our own. Not sure what everyone else's galaxy is called, but mine is the Euclid Galaxy. Hence the naming convention in my planets, "EGC" means "Euclid Galaxy Catalogue". If you want something like this, you'll have to play Elite: Dangerous on Xbox or PC (or hold your breath until it comes to PS4). Elite takes place in the Milky Way, and you can visit our Solar System. You can't land on Earth, and entrance into the system requires you to do some quests to get the requisite security pass on pain of getting murdered if you don't. But you can go there.

Gas giants too instead of just rocky planets. The developers actually addressed this during development and the reason was they wanted every planet to possibly be explorable. Which in my opinion is invalid because gas giants are still of scientific interest in exoplanet study. A gas giant in the habitable zone of a star wouldn't itself be explorable, but any of its moons would be of great interest because they could be habitable. It's a central concept of Arthur C. Clarke's Space Odyssey books. Endor was a moon of gas giant. Saturn's moon Titan warrants a significant amount of interest because it has the right atmosphere and hydrocarbon content for life. Even without that, flying into the atmosphere of a gas giant could give you an interest flight experience. Or there could be flying lifeforms to find. I've lost count of how many sci fi books I've read with jellyfish floating around in a gas giant.

I understand the appeal, but the galaxy in the game isn't our own. Not sure what everyone else's galaxy is called, but mine is the Euclid Galaxy. Hence the naming convention in my planets, "EGC" means "Euclid Galaxy Catalogue". If you want something like this, you'll have to play Elite: Dangerous on Xbox or PC (or hold your breath until it comes to PS4). Elite takes place in the Milky Way, and you can visit our Solar System. You can't land on Earth, and entrance into the system requires you to do some quests to get the requisite security pass on pain of getting murdered if you don't. But you can go there.

Well i don't exactly know about this, but 18 quintillion planets seems to be enough to fit multiple galaxies?

I'd really like to know how many words I know of the three species in this game... Instead of a cumulative total. It'd be nice to know of which race I know which words with, so if I can see one that very little amount of words, I can focus on finding and increasing my vocabulary in that races dialect.

If there's one thing I can ask for, it's a VR upgrade. I don't mind it one bit if it's paid DLC.

If there's more I can ask for:

A slight retool of the formula so planet population, both wildlife and flora, can be denser. If there's one thing I am a bit disappointed with it's that none of the planets I see are as full as the ones in the trailers, except for when I go under water. I understand if this can only be done for PS4.5 and a PS4 with the VR box, those trailer bits seem to be from the time they only had 2^32 planets to work with.

With the freighter update, I hope we'll be able to dock our regular ship with it.

As mentioned in the OP, additional exploration stats would be fun.

I can probably think of some more smaller stuff but these are the main ones.

Have you two only been exploring yellow stars? Today I spent a lot of time on a big planet very close to a huge white star and I experienced a very high gravity.

I'd like the ability to expand the ships inventory without purchasing a new ship.

Yes please. I don't want to get rid of my starter ship.

Another one, which is more of what my husband has said, is for a planetary map where you can set way points.  He was thinking more for when you've been exploring a planet for a long time but want to go back to a prior trade terminal.  It could work where you download the planetary map at an observatory or at an outpost.

Another one, which is more of what my husband has said, is for a planetary map where you can set way points.  He was thinking more for when you've been exploring a planet for a long time but want to go back to a prior trade terminal.  It could work where you download the planetary map at an observatory or at an outpost.

Man there have been a thousand times now where my inventory is full and I can't find a trade terminal for the life of me, even tho I've been to at least two of them.

We need :

- a map of the planet that displays what we have discovered

- the ability to stack any item

- an easy way to go back to a previous system. I miss my starting planet, it was gorgeous

- more green (seen too much red)

More challenges would be nice just to give the game more depth, its just got to the point where every planet I visit looks pretty similar except for colour of the surface most of the plants are very subtle variations of a theme and I swear Ive found multiple same animals on different planets in different systems.

The most fun Im having is learning the history of the races from the monoliths but just some more depth would be nice. Changing the tasks required for distress beacons and stuff as well making them actually complicated, Ive done the 3n - 1 problem so many times. 

Rovers to drive on planet surfaces. That have their own mods and inventory. You'd probably need a bigger ship to carry something like that, but I'm fine with that.

This! Seriously, I would be more willing to go out and explore the entire planet if I could drive  around. Wouldn't mind if it ran on fuel as well. It would need something similar to the jetpack to get over gaps and what not in case it got stuck. I wouldn't even mind getting a new ship or clearing out space if it had to be in the ship. 

If they add the freights, I hope you can go inside them. Maybe keep more than one ship on it and be able to keep animals you have found in planet in little exhibits on your freight ship, maybe even decorate it with plants found on that same planet too!

This! Seriously, I would be more willing to go out and explore the entire planet if I could drive  around. Wouldn't mind if it ran on fuel as well. It would need something similar to the jetpack to get over gaps and what not in case it got stuck. I wouldn't even mind getting a new ship or clearing out space if it had to be in the ship. 

If they add the freights, I hope you can go inside them. Maybe keep more than one ship on it and be able to keep animals you have found in planet in little exhibits on your freight ship, maybe even decorate it with plants found on that same planet too!

The rover could actually be a quest on every planet, a differ rotating quest persay, once completed you can use the rover to drive anywhere. You'd have to find the rover though. That would be the other challenge.

Making it attachable to your ship would be good but it would have to be made available if you have a ship of certain size and storage capabilities.

What all is coming in the next few updates?

I'd like to see:

Dictionary - I have 200+ words learned, but I don't know what they are until I speak to an alien.

Alien Colony Ships - I'd like to see alien colony ships floating around that allows you to board.

Alien Allegience System - they already kinda have the foundation down for an interesting alien war. I'd like to be able to ally with specific alien races.

Player Space Station - it would be cool to have your own space station that has a beacon you can jump to from other star systems.

I've put the game down after the platinum because I grew tired of the gameplay loop, but I can be easily coaxed into playing again if these are implemented.

We need :

- a map of the planet that displays what we have discovered

- the ability to stack any item

- an easy way to go back to a previous system. I miss my starting planet, it was gorgeous

- more green (seen too much red)

How exactly do you mean stacking? As in two items that are half full can be put together in one slot?

I don't think we'll ever get an easy way to see where our discovered systems are. It feels like an intentional design choice, to keep us exploring.

I've seen enough green and wouldn't mind more red actually :) I've mainly seen yellow enough already, also because it just looks like sulfur or cheese.

I've realised by the way that with bases, if you've fully upgraded your hyperdrive that's still a huge amount of star systems you can jump to.

I wouldn't mind seeing some actual colonies, by the way. I don't say they need to happen often but I feel like with all these races running and flying around, it would be realistic if some cities had a larger NPS main base or city or something along those lines.

No I don't mean that. I think it is frustrating to not be able to put, let's say... valuable items like the Atlas Tones, Venom Sacks, Vortex Cubes etc all in the same spot.

I'll keep on exploring though for other planets. Besides my first one and my fourth one on my first day and the one I saw today they were all red.

For the places we have already seen, it would be good to implement a shortcut in the option button menu in the list of planets.

Edited by Ougl