Project Platinum: Monster Hunting

Satoshi Ookami

Cleared both vanilla Soul Sacrifice and Toukiden so I'll sign up as :bronze:

About half way there on Soul Sacrifice Delta and really close towards Toukiden Kiwami. All I have to do is get NWVUf31.png:silver:Weapon Devotee 

What stands in my way is this

NlsEFiB.jpg

Rare Enemies that drop rare loot that forge rare weapons ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, viech54 said:

The first two Toukidens are ultra rare for a reason. But other than keeping track of the weapons you create, talking to the named NPCs to max out your bonds and checking the areas for Shadow Oni with the Eye of Truth, there's nothing to watch out for while playing. Nothing is permanently missable on a playthrough.

Can anyone recommend a game from this PP on Vita that has no missable trophies? I'm going to be the driver for a person in this house and have to wait until rehab is done (up to 2 hours multiple times a week), so a Vita game is pretty much my only choice of game in these kinds of situations. No missables is important because I won't have access to the internet to use a guide. I'm thinking of playing either Waifu/Freedom Wars or Soul Sacrifice, can the story be played without a guide? I don't think I'll get much further than that.

Both Waifu Wars and Soul Sacrifice don't need a guide as both work as God Eater. Selecting missions from a hub and clearing them.

1 hour ago, fyiByas said:

Cleared both vanilla Soul Sacrifice and Toukiden so I'll sign up as :bronze:

About half way there on Soul Sacrifice Delta and really close towards Toukiden Kiwami. All I have to do is get NWVUf31.png:silver:Weapon Devotee 

What stands in my way is this

NlsEFiB.jpg

Rare Enemies that drop rare loot that forge rare weapons ?

Added

250px-349Feebas.png

6 hours ago, viech54 said:

The first two Toukidens are ultra rare for a reason. But other than keeping track of the weapons you create, talking to the named NPCs to max out your bonds and checking the areas for Shadow Oni with the Eye of Truth, there's nothing to watch out for while playing. Nothing is permanently missable on a playthrough.

Can anyone recommend a game from this PP on Vita that has no missable trophies? I'm going to be the driver for a person in this house and have to wait until rehab is done (up to 2 hours multiple times a week), so a Vita game is pretty much my only choice of game in these kinds of situations. No missables is important because I won't have access to the internet to use a guide. I'm thinking of playing either Waifu/Freedom Wars or Soul Sacrifice, can the story be played without a guide? I don't think I'll get much further than that.

That's good to know. I hate missables in long games.

Freedom Wars has no missables, just remember to upgrade your weapon to lvl 10 before transforming it into the non-elemental path and keep any rank 7 or higher materials you find even if you get a penalty. You can get rid of this later by farming the Jakarta mission. Oh and give your robot a rocket launcher.

@viech54 Soul Sacrifice is doable without internet connection. Even the multiplayer trophies can be done without actual multiplayer. You just have to understand the way each spell works and create your own combos.

@fyiByas I will repost the info I gave to viech54 regarding the infamous Aurogrinder

On 30/06/2017 at 1:06 PM, ab4h4r4k1 said:

I remember using this method to grind the infamous Aurogrinder:

1- Disable autosave;

2- Go to the mission counter (offline) and accept any fast mission;

3- If the Emergency Mission dont show up, manually save and repeat step 2;

4- If the Emergency Mission show up, DONT SAVE. Select it and see what is the enemy you are going to fight. The reason for this is that the game generates a random enemy for every new Emergency Mission, but if you save when the EM is already on, the enemy will always be the same;

5- If it is not an Aurogrinder, load your save and repeat steps 2-4.

6- If it is an Aurogrinder, quit the mission. If memory serves me right, the Emergency Mission will still be there and you already know that it has what you want. Manually Save;

7- Use the skill Greed. I dont know if it is common knowledge, but it stacks! And the female spear user (Shiranui Leader, I forgot her name) also has Greed as a skill. So you can get 6-8 of the same item in one go;

8- Destroy your enemy and check your rewards. If you dont get the items you want, load your save and repeat the process.

Hope it helps.

@ everyone: Thanks for the replies, I'll keep that in mind.

I have one more question. The Bane of the Oni-trophy in Toukiden 2 seems strange. It says I need to destroy all Oni body parts 50 times. It feels like I should have it at this point, but I don't. Do I need to do this against 50 different Oni (as in one Manhunter, one Bloodhunter and so on) or can I fight the same Oni type 50 times? Do medium-sized Oni count?

Edited by viech54

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a little update on my progress in Toukiden 2: Trophy-wise, I'm at 38/50 with the most grind-heavy trophies not looking as troublesome as the ones in the previous games.

From a gameplay perspective, I'm in phase 11 of the multiplayer. It's about time to get some new armor from the Colubra, but Moan of Despair is one of the rarer items in the game. Or so it seems. I only got one so far in the entirety of the high ranked multiplayer missions.

There are about 10 missions left to beat in the single player (including the last one in phase 7).

I still don't like the Demon Hand compared to the United Destroyer from Kiwami. It's doable to destroy all parts, yes, but destroying ~4 body parts at once is always better than destroying one. I only use the Demon Hand to destroy a body part or stop the charge of an Oni. Other than that, I pretty much hate it and avoid it entirely. Well, at least I found a good Mitama build to speed things up. The new Oni make this less tedious than Kiwami (for someone who played the Age of Demons), that's a plus as well. Getting the plat on the coming weekend might be possible.

edit: Wreckbeast, check, Abyssal Fiend, check, Venom Queen, check. All of them at the same time: Check. Whoever designed the Phase 12 mission Black Nebula must've lost their mind. The game is not designed to fight three large Oni at the same time. Two is okay, the AI does a reasonably well job at distracting one of them. When fighting three, you need to dodge attacks you don't even know are coming because you can't see them thanks to the Oni going wherever they want. So, yeah, great job and making something that shouldn't be in the game. I'm guessing this is about speed because once one of them is dead, it gets easier, but killing one of them before the second or third Oni arrives seems quite difficult.

tl;dr: I failed this mission once because I tried to revive the AI. Then both remaining Oni brutally murdered me.

@ab4h4r4k1 Are all remaining missions in phase 12 like that (the red ones)? If so, this might be more difficult than I expected.

edit: Don't mind what I said about Black Nebula, the Oni died, the mission is not as hard as I thought. A minor change to my equipment made it so much easier. So far, I always used Usumidori, a knive to paralyze my enemies. Then I changed this to exploit the enemy's weakness and made short work of one of the Oni. The other two didn't last much longer. Guess I'll no longer use Usumidori and focus on elemental weaknesses instead.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

@viech54 Most missions are like that from what I remember. Again, I did not find it hard cause I could actually tank a Large Oni while the group was taking care of the others. By the time they would come help me, it was already with 2-3 severed limbs. Of course, I had all my gear +12 and my mitama setup was to ensure that I could deliver Destroyers as fast as possible.

• Like 1

@ab4h4r4k1 Many missions require fighting two Oni at the same time, not three. Two are no problem. Well, that's pretty much how it was for me most of the time as well. There are some exceptions, though. The AI proved to be unable to handle two large Oni in Black Nebula. I could tank one, but they couldn't do it and required my help pretty much all the time. That or they came to fight my Oni and brought the other two with them. Either way, I completed all missions. Black Nebula was the only one that gave me trouble as it had three large Oni at once.

Here's what I still need for the plat:

7 Mitama. I have a list with the missing Mitama and the enemies that drop them. The two from Expert Aurogrinder are already out of the way (I read horror stories about an abysmal drop rate of one of them, but got both after three Aurogrinders).

2 brain circuits, that equals 5 Marvelweeds. I have everything else for the circuits.

Inscriptions and crests. I have maps with their locations.

Overall, this really is much easier than Kiwami or The Age of Demons.

Edited by viech54

It's kinda late, but I got the platinum in Toukiden 2 on September 12th. @Satoshi Ookami should now be able to see me on the horizon. *waves with the remnants of a slain Oni*

"Just one more rank, I'll catch up to you soon."

This also makes me a Folklore Fanatic.

Here's the trophy list: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5137-toukiden-2/viech54

After Toukiden 2, I started Soul Sacrifice. It's fun, but the gameplay is quite different from Toukiden 2. I have to get used to that first. While I never got a game over so far, I have yet to finish the Sorcerer's Ordeal.

I was a bit worried about the game not having a character creator at first, but it turned out they let me do that after some missions, so all is well. That's all I have to say about the game for now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

It's kinda late, but I got the platinum in Toukiden 2 on September 12th. @Satoshi Ookami should now be able to see me on the horizon. *waves with the remnants of a slain Oni*

"Just one more rank, I'll catch up to you soon."

This also makes me a Folklore Fanatic.

Here's the trophy list: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5137-toukiden-2/viech54

After Toukiden 2, I started Soul Sacrifice. It's fun, but the gameplay is quite different from Toukiden 2. I have to get used to that first. While I never got a game over so far, I have yet to finish the Sorcerer's Ordeal.

I was a bit worried about the game not having a character creator at first, but it turned out they let me do that after some missions, so all is well. That's all I have to say about the game for now.

Ohohohohohohooooo, young hunter may become God Slayer soon, huh? I better step up my game :awesome: 

• Like 1

I just have the soul Sacrifice one. Gotten close to so many others but the grind and repetitiveness is just too much for me. Like the trophies for completing missions with different weapons when I have a main weapon I use or the stuff like urgent missions in god eater. But I'll for sure get the Monster Hunter World Platinum! (And possibly make it my 200th, I've been waiting so long for a monster hunter Platinum)

2 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

I just have the soul Sacrifice one. Gotten close to so many others but the grind and repetitiveness is just too much for me. Like the trophies for completing missions with different weapons when I have a main weapon I use or the stuff like urgent missions in god eater. But I'll for sure get the Monster Hunter World Platinum! (And possibly make it my 200th, I've been waiting so long for a monster hunter Platinum)

Time to get more, young hunter :awesome: 

5 hours ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

@viech54 Congratulations! Stories of your feats echoes throughout the realms and enemies tremble with the slightest mention of your name.

Keep up the good hunt and remember: it is not if you can win, but when you will win.

And may my allies rejoice at my sight for it spells doom to their foes.

Thanks for the kind words.

5 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Ohohohohohohooooo, young hunter may become God Slayer soon, huh? I better step up my game :awesome: 

In more way than one. Isn't being Ookami dangerous with a soon-to-be God Slayer on his way? :P Or is that a reference to a wolf or the Emperor of Japan?

7 hours ago, viech54 said:

In more way than one. Isn't being Ookami dangerous with a soon-to-be God Slayer on his way? :P

As a God Slayer you can only kill English Gods :awesome::awesome::awesome: Ookamis are fine :awesome: 

7 hours ago, viech54 said:

Or is that a reference to a wolf or the Emperor of Japan?

It's Ookami as god but I like the fact that it's also pun on Wolf :awesome: 

• 3 weeks later...

With the recent announcement of God Eater 3, it doesn't look like we'll be running out of games for this PP anytime soon.

Here's a trailer:

We don't have a release date yet and don't know the platform, but it's coming to the West. I like what I see so far, dual wielding God Arcs could be fun.

Edited by viech54

24 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Speaking of which, I need to show more love to monster hunting. Ragnarok Odyssey Ace needs to be played. 

Do let me know when you want to get the multiplayer trophies out of the way. The game is still incomplete on my account, I might join every now and then (preferably in the later parts of the game, but let me know regardless).

Just now, viech54 said:

Do let me know when you want to get the multiplayer trophies out of the way. The game is still incomplete on my account, I might join every now and then (preferably in the later parts of the game, but let me know regardless).

Alright, I might make it my next game, after Unravel....after FF Type-0. I shouldn't really put off though. I'm still on Chapter 2.