Golden Oldies: Dust Off Your Ancient Consoles (event finished)

Hey all, Made it as far as the Alien Comet with Body harvest and man what a journey. This game gets difficult once you get to Siberia,I mean difficult in working out what to do with limited graphics on a modern TV. I will complete this game and review even if this thread gets locked.

I also picked up Shadowgate 64, this game looks like fun.

5 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Hey all, Made it as far as the Alien Comet with Body harvest and man what a journey. This game gets difficult once you get to Siberia,I mean difficult in working out what to do with limited graphics on a modern TV. I will complete this game and review even if this thread gets locked.

I also picked up Shadowgate 64, this game looks like fun.

I'll keep the thread open (the locking option doesn't even seem to be there right now), feel free to keep updating. You could also take the rest of your games over to the new 2017 thread :) I'd allow Body Harvest to still count as a whole game for that one (I've got Super Mario World on my new list though I finished the main route in this event, so it would be hypocritical of me to deny it).

And yeah Body Harvest is not the easiest of games. As a kid, I never got beyond the Java level. If my N64 was still working, this would be one of the first games I'd get back to.

Edited by BillyHorrible

25 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'll keep the thread open (the locking option doesn't even seem to be there right now), feel free to keep updating. You could also take the rest of your games over to the new 2017 thread :) I'd allow Body Harvest to still count as a whole game for that one (I've got Super Mario World on my new list though I finished the main route in this event, so it would be hypocritical of me to deny it).

And yeah Body Harvest is not the easiest of games. As a kid, I never got beyond the Java level. If my N64 was still working, this would be one of the first games I'd get back to.

Excellent and happy new year to you. It's a fine game tbh, after allot of tv tweaking I have 1 hmdi port dedicated to n64, that anti aliasing may have looked good on CRT but it really needs some work on led.

1 minute ago, Z1MZUM said:

Excellent and happy new year to you. It's a fine game tbh, after allot of tv tweaking I have 1 hmdi port dedicated to n64, that anti aliasing may have looked good on CRT but it really needs some work on led.

Personally I'm already glad that I can make my television show the SNES input in 4:3 instead of having it stretched all over the screen...