Well it's official

KaganDraka4

My Modern Warfare 2 trophies have been flagged for close time stamps. 

My story is that I used to live in places in really hot locations and moved a lot in really hot locations. My original 60GB console bricked due to excessive playing combined with said hot weathers but luckily I backed up most of my save through a USB drive however lost more than half my trophy list because I never synced them. Finally after drudging through some of my stuff I was going to give way to charity I found my said USB and out of curiosity I used it and uploaded it  to my console. To my shock it was various saves that I had backed up but never got to upload like SF4 vanilla, MW2, Bourne Conspiracy, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, MW1, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, etc.

The problem is that someone flagged me because the trophies being quickly gained. I only replayed half the missions and did 2 missions on Specs Ops in Recruit difficulty just to see out of curiosity if they would pop up an lo and behold they did. I contacted Sly Ripper about this and he won't unflag me because "since you used a savegame." ???

So MY OWN SAVE FILE I spent hours playing on Veteran is considered cheating to use. I have never cheated/hacked a game in my life and I never will. Have you seen the other people on the PSNProfiles and their trophies on how they got them? So now it's illegal to use your own save file to get trophies? Just great (sarcasm)

Keep in mind that this was before PSN Plus and that most of these games had their trophy progressed linked to the save file rather than the console and/or servers. Heck some games today still do I had 2 or 3 other games where I gained some trophies quickly via stored PSN Cloud saves because my other 2 consoles YLOD'ed so why haven't I been flagged for those games huh?

Edited by axlredgrave

Don't look at it as an accusation of cheating. Perhaps the site's use of the term "cheaters" is too pejorative but that's Sly's call. 

It's simply a mark that you have been flagged as having trophy stamps that appear to have been obtained by manipulating a save file, which you admit. (Albeit you did so entirely innocently, giving you the full benefit of the doubt.)

The point is that the site needs to take a hard line against anyone who's timestamps suggest the save has been manipulated in order to preserve the sanctity of the leaderboard. Yours got caught out and that is unfortunate, and I do sympathise. 

Unfortunately, save files contain 2 pieces of ID: A Console ID, and a PSN ID. That is how a system recognizes if it's another users save file or not. The only way an Admin here would really know would be to verify the save file and whatnot, they don't do that. The second thing is, bad eggs ruin the bunch; for every 1 person who legitimately uses saves there are 1000 who don't. To weed out the "legit" time-stamps through use of own save files would be a never ending job, so you get flagged and it sucks. 

If you sync your trophies, and than transfer the save, and continue, the old trophies wouldn't rewrite/mess-up trophy time-stamps.

That's true but looking at my trophies, do I look like the kind of guy who would cheat after playing countless months of playing the crap outta Twisted Metal's multiplayer. Seriously, that kinda stuff takes immense dedication and patience.

Whether or not you're the kind of person who would cheat is not really the issue. It's simply saying "these timestamps can't be trusted 100%", and a lot of stock is put into keeping the leaderboard something which can be trusted 100%. 

Again, perhaps it's time that we retire the word "cheater" 'round here. It isn't fair on people like the OP, and leads to unnecessary hurt feelings in grey area situations like this. (Don't get me wrong, sometimes the person has cheated and they deserve the label. But not always.)

So basically for the rest of my trophy hunting days I'm labeled as a cheater? Because some a-hole didn't like the time stamps for my MW2 list. I mean if you take a look at the trophies that I got in that game there's a decent gap in the time stamps because I had to play the levels again except this time on Recruit difficulty. It's not like they all popped all at once, now that would be cheating.

Edited by axlredgrave

That's true but looking at my trophies, do I look like the kind of guy who would cheat after playing countless months of playing the crap outta Twisted Metal's multiplayer. Seriously, that kinda stuff takes immense dedication and patience.

You don't, but as I tell my students, the letter of the law often has to be followed. It does suck, but I agree that if this case is allowed, then the real cheaters pretty much get their way.

So basically for the rest of my trophy hunting days I'm labeled as a cheater? 

No, you can hide that game from your profile (make the trophy list for this game hidden on PSN) and you will be returned to the clean list. 

And I agree with you, the label is inappropriate based on what you've told us. 

(By the way, and just a heads up, but if you are actually a cheater, you might want to hide any cheated games now, because some of the people who have read this thread are now pouring over your trophies looking for anything else that looks suspect. Not accusing you, just letting you know.)

Edit: Clarification.

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 1

Yup I found it just had to switch it to online mode, thanks.

Sorry Stevieboy, but it just BS on what just happened to me. Not to mention if this is how things are going to be for everyone who didn't cheat, then what's the damn point disputing this when the site say there's going to be a dispute function soon?

Edited by Stevieboy
No need for hostility.

Well it worked because a cheated list got removed from the clean boards.

Were you able to find the option to hide it??

But he didn't cheat. He used his USB to check what was on it. How is that cheating? He earned his trophies legitimately and he doesn't deserve to be flagged. The flag system on this website is completely fucked.

But he didn't cheat. He used his USB to check what was on it. How is that cheating? He earned his trophies legitimately and he doesn't deserve to be flagged. The flag system on this website is completely fucked.

The only thing we know for sure is that the trophies were unlocked by using a source outside the game itself. That is cheating. That deserves a flag. It's really simple actually.

This gives a lot people on this site a weapon and to abuse the living hell out the flag system.

The only thing we know for sure is that the trophies were unlocked by using a source outside the game itself. That is cheating. That deserves a flag. It's really simple actually.

But this game took me almost an entire 7 years to complete. Had my original 60 GB console never bricked and synced my trophies I would've platinumed this a LOOOOOONG time ago.