Well it's official

KaganDraka4

But he didn't cheat. He used his USB to check what was on it. How is that cheating? He earned his trophies legitimately and he doesn't deserve to be flagged. The flag system on this website is completely fucked.

This use of any kind of save has already been confirmed to be flaggable.

It can be considered unfair to some, but if it was allowed, many others could abuse it.

The flag system is working exactly how it should. You have no proof that he earned his trophies. He has indicated that he used a save on a USB to pop the trophies.

The claim that it is his save is, unfortunately, unprovable. There is no way to distinguish between using your own save, vs a downloaded save, to pop trophies.

There is nothing that prevents him from continuing to earn trophies on his profile, or to continue to enjoy gaming. It just means that he cannot participate in the leaderboards on this site, unless he hides the game from his profile.

True but I like the idea on being in the leaderboards with the clean players, but being wrongfully kicked in with the cheaters is really disheartening. And I really love MW2 and the fact that this won't be allowed or counted for the matter just hits me right in the gut.

True but I like the idea on being in the leaderboards with the clean players, but being wrongfully kicked in with the cheaters is really disheartening. And I really love MW2 and the fact that this won't be allowed or counted for the matter just hits me right in the gut.

I understand that, but a number of legit gamers have a hidden game/trophies on their profile. Once you go through the process listed above, you will be allowed back on the clean leaderboards.

The purpose of the flag system is to remove unfair times. I understand that you feel this was not the case in your circumstance, but the reality is that there are many many cases of abuse of the save system. In fact, I suspect that the overwhelming majority of users who use a USB save are doing so for illegitimate purposes. Yours may be an exception, but the rule has to apply fairly to all.

Other than MW2, if your profile is clean, then you can carry on as if nothing happened, just without that game on your profile.

I understand that, but a number of legit gamers have a hidden game/trophies on their profile. Once you go through the process listed above, you will be allowed back on the clean leaderboards.

The purpose of the flag system is to remove unfair times. I understand that you feel this was not the case in your circumstance, but the reality is that there are many many cases of abuse of the save system. In fact, I suspect that the overwhelming majority of users who use a USB save are doing so for illegitimate purposes. Yours may be an exception, but the rule has to apply fairly to all.

Other than MW2, if your profile is clean, then you can carry on as if nothing happened, just without that game on your profile.

Thank you I most certainly will, there are other games I would love to remove like the Assassin Creed games starting ones after AC2 but I invested way too much on that franchise to remove those 100%, but in all honesty CoD has become overrated and rehashed so now that I'm thinking about it, although it hits me right below belt, I can take the hit though I wish I would like to see the guy who flagged me get disciplined or penalized in some way.

I just wish the mods would take some serious consideration on matters like my kind of case but I know it most likely won't.

Edited by axlredgrave

Why would the person who flagged you get in trouble? It's not his fault you have trophies that are out of order.

I don't even know how to reply to this considering that the only two trophies that were out of order was the Star 69 and kill the Juggernaut trophy because I attempted the trophies out of curiosity and theory.

• Like 1

I wish I would like to see the guy who flagged me get disciplined or penalized in some way.

I just wish the mods would take some serious consideration on matters like my kind of case but I know it most likely won't.

The mods have made it clear that using a USB save is against the spirit of the site, and will have you removed. I wish they would take it further, and allow PS4 games to be reported for USB save manipulation, but that is a different topic.

I think, in general, the responses that you have received in this thread have been respectful and helpful. No one has attacked you or questioned you, but have given you advice, and taken you at your word.

Frankly, while I can understand you are upset, your response is disappointing. The person who flagged you did so appropriately. They should not be punished or penalized for your mistake. It was not them that abused the rules.

If you feel strongly enough, you can request to have your profile completely removed from this community. Otherwise you have to respect the rules, even if you don't agree with all of them, and accept that this is not a personal attack against you.

Edited by diskdocx
  • Like 1

Hey man,

I get your angst but looking at your profile, you have more than 100 platinums earned (wow). The one game in question isn't even a rare plat so by hiding it, you're back on the clean list and you still have tons of plats on your profile. Let bygones be bygones...

Agreed

I still think it's ridiculous though because this game predates PSN Plus and using a USB to back up save files was the only option during that time.

Still hoping though they'll unflag me because this was the only game save file that my USB contained that was relevant to any trophies I needed. Wish they'd let me off with this with a one time only "offense," if I would call it that at all.

Edited by axlredgrave

The mods have made it clear that using a USB save is against the spirit of the site,

I'm pretty sure it isn't about the site but about the Terms of Service of PlayStation Network. And using USB saves doesn't break any rule unless it's done for bad use otherwise I would be banned as well lol. This guy didn't, probably, use the save to cheat but unfortunately he earned trophies in a unexpected way that now lead him to the Cheater leaderboard. Just hide the game if you want to be clean again.

this was an interesting thread. the guy made a mistake by not knowing this sites' rules. I personally would give him a pass as his story seems to check out and its only one game (that came out 6 years ago). But on the other hand, rules are rules and they have to be enforced. Sucks for you, just hide the game and come back to the "clean" side. It is in NO WAY fault of the person who flagged you since you did (albeit unknowingly) break the rules. Besides, if it were the witcher or MGS5 or something that takes you 150 hours to platinum then ok bitch all you want, but call of duty MW2? That's like 30 hours and only 1 playthrough. Sorry bro but rules are rules. Hope you can understand it and get over it. Happy hunting.

I'm pretty sure it isn't about the site but about the Terms of Service of PlayStation Network. And using USB saves doesn't break any rule unless it's done for bad use otherwise I would be banned as well lol. This guy didn't, probably, use the save to cheat but unfortunately he earned trophies in a unexpected way that now lead him to the Cheater leaderboard. Just hide the game if you want to be clean again.

What do you mean by this? Using USB saves most definitely isn't against the PSN Terms of Service -- Sony are the ones who put that feature in in the first place. And Sony could not care less what you do in your single-player games.

I should clarify - using a USB save to 'auto' pop trophies in a game. I have a ton of game saves backed up on USB. I have used USB and/or cloud save back up to help earn trophies by saving and restoring progress (wouldn't have cleared the Arcade series games without doing so).

To my knowledge, using the USB (or cloud) to back up your saves isn't an issue.

I have never, and it is definitely against the site rules (and yes, I believe against Sony TOS) downloaded a save off the internet and installed it on my console to pop trophies I did not earn. Unfortunately saying that you did the requirements, backed up your save but never synced your trophies, then reloaded your save to pop all those trophies simultaneously, is unprovable. I know that is exactly what people are doing on the PS4 to get ridiculous 100% times (and for the record, they should be removed). On the PS3, the issue is that you can't prove they are your saves, so you run the risk of getting flagged. Don't think Sony would care, but users on this site might notice.

The OP was unlucky. I'm not sure who had the time to go through a game that took 7 years to plat. Usually you only get nailed when it's obvious (like getting the plat on a 20 hour game in 1 hour).

Sucks, as I'm sure lots of cheaters are still on the leaderboards.

• Like 1

The reason the list got flagged isn't to call you a cheater. It was flagged because the site owner and the community in general want legit statistics so they flag lists that aren't contributing accurately to these statistics.

You got flagged, you weren't called a cheater, you're the one thinking that the site is calling you a cheater.

It's been suggested many times that players who have a flagged list should have a red C, for Cheater. However this suggestion has been ignored everytime because the site owner isn't looking to start a witch hunt, unlike some members on this website...

tl;dr - The admin doesn't care if you cheat, he just deletes inaccurate trophy lists from the statistics.

The reason the list got flagged isn't to call you a cheater. It was flagged because the site owner and the community in general want legit statistics so they flag lists that aren't contributing accurately to these statistics.

You got flagged, you weren't called a cheater, you're the one thinking that the site is calling you a cheater.

It's been suggested many times that players who have a flagged list should have a red C, for Cheater. However this suggestion has been ignored everytime because the site owner isn't looking to start a witch hunt, unlike some members on this website...

tl;dr - The admin doesn't care if you cheat, he just deletes inaccurate trophy lists from the statistics.

Except if you do it on the PS4, then they don't care.

• Like 1

How terrible.... #firstworldproblems

Personally I love it when novice users with no real community interaction come whining to the community looking for sympathy about a personal issue and then expect that same community to jump on its collective horses to come riding to their rescue...It gives me a reason to break out the popcorn maker and enjoy the show.

Furthermore, it reminds me why I only play single-player games.... 

Edited by PSXtreme_
  • Like 1

I personally would give him a pass as his story seems to check out and its only one game

Then that would set a precedent for anyone who's flagged to come in with a sob story possibly making up something going "I didn't know I didn't know".

Rules are fine the way they aren't. Timestamps aren't legit, you get flagged. Simple.

Edited by Gage
  • Like 2

Someone said here that the given story seems to check out, really? So the guy had time to copy his save files before his HDD crashed but he didn't have time to sync trophies? It's not that hard to do it before you turn off your device. I do it every day even if I didn't get any trophy that day. Sorry but there is something in this story that does not allow me to believe it.

Believe what you will but my brother played the PS3 console 8 out of 10 times and I had classes and studies to attend and take care of which takes priority (real life always takes priority) so yes I didn't have time to sync my trophies. Check Street Fighter 4 and all the other games that were released prior to PSN Plus' start date.

Also this was before I even realized how important/serious trophies were to me and didn't pay that much attention, so you'll forgive me for coming a little bit late on the trophy hunting.

Edited by axlredgrave

I sympathise axlredgrave, much like you I started gaming on the PS3 6 years ago not knowing what a trophy was let alone that there could be sites that track those trophies and provide statistics. It wasn't even a consideration back then that actions you take could have an impact further down the line.

I have a similar but different issue, I'm a completionist - but I can never attain 100% simply because of unobtainable trophies from games. My only solution, like you, is to hide the affected games.

It's unfortunate that your save file has caused this issue but as many have said integrity has to be preserved and the rules are set in place for all. As legitimate as you sound there's no way of proving it and bending those rules for one opens the doors for others.