why no platinum?

clintstrifez

If you really want to know the answer, try getting a game launched on Sony's platforms. I imagine that they will provide you with a booklet outlining the licensing process, including trophy criteria. You'll likely have to sign an NDA though, so I doubt you'll be able to tell the rest of us once you know.  

Sounds good, let's do it :awesome:.

• Like 2

If you really want to know the answer, try getting a game launched on Sony's platforms. I imagine that they will provide you with a booklet outlining the licensing process, including trophy criteria. You'll likely have to sign an NDA though, so I doubt you'll be able to tell the rest of us once you know.  

inb4 he actually gets a Plat because he releases it first on Steam so it could be ported to PS4 =D

Well, this viewpoint is flawed from the start.

how so? evey xbox one game gets 1000 achievement points or more. so why not let evey ps4 game going forward have a plat? sony could still dictate how many bronze, gold, silvers certain games get. like tomb raider has 125 bronze and 1 plat. ridiculous but at least it has a plat. 

how so? evey xbox one game gets 1000 achievement points or more. so why not let evey ps4 game going forward have a plat? sony could still dictate how many bronze, gold, silvers certain games get. like tomb raider has 125 bronze and 1 plat. ridiculous but at least it has a plat.

Because it devalues platinum if every game gets one. Like if Aabs Animals had one. Plus there's nothing wrong with 125 bronze trophies, you still earn around the same amount of points towards your PSN level, plus the extra from dlc.

it gives you more incentive to keep playing. im really surprised at you guys. this is a site dedicated to trophy hunting and you dont want every game to have a plat? makes no sense to me. to each their own i guess. 

Maybe a platinum gives YOU more incentive to play something,  but not for everyone.  Sure, this site is dedicated to trophy hunting, but not SOLELY on trophy hunting.  No, not every game needs a platinum.  The games have trophies/achievements.  That's good enough for me.  If a game piques my interest enough, I'll get the trophies for it in due time, whether it has a platinum or not.  If a platinum gives folks incentives to play games, how come they don't finish them?  The ultimate goal is to get the platinum is it not?

• Like 3

• 1 year later...