Secret Episode Confusion

Sorry I keep posting here but I'm a little confused.  I'm playing on standard mode and I don't have the secret episode unlocked but I already finished the Final Episode.  How do I unlock it?  I have all the sticker collections completed with max points.  I feel like I should have beaten the 9,999 unversed by now but the trophy hasn't popped.  Do I need to do something else or did finishing the final episode before the 9,999 unversed mess me up?

I got it on Standard. You need to get the Keyslinger Trinity Trophy, earned by KO'ing 9999 Unversed, all Xehanort Reports, and beating the game with all three characters. That's what GameFaqs says, and I got the Secret Episode after beating the Final Episode, Aqua Vs. Terra-Xehanort.

You need to collect all Xehanort reporte, kill 9,999 unversed, collect all stickers and beat the game with all three characters to unlock the secret episode. Getting 100% on all characters reports is not required in the Final Mix version of the game. The best place to grind Unversed is either in the Radiant Garden or the Mirage Arena. I'm warning you however, it took me about six hours to grind the unversed needed to unlock it.

On a kinda related note, I ended up unlocking the Secret Episode while working on Critical (even though I have not finished critical nor have I completed the game 100%). 

Does anyone know if completing the secret episode on Critical is required to earn the trophy or can I simply play through that episode on standard?

There really is no reason to unlock the secret episode on standard. Here is a much more straightforward way than outlined in the guide:

1) beat the game on critical, including final/secret episodes. You have to do this for the platinum anyway, since there is a critical difficulty trophy (and this trophy requires you to beat *all 5 episodes (Terra/Aqua/Ventus/Final/Secret)* on critical). Don't worry about *any* trophies other than just beating the game.

2) Get 100% on beginner mode. All optional bosses will already be unlocked because of your previous critical playthrough. You don't need to kill 9999 unversed or any of the other ridiculous requirements floating around the internet. And you don't need to re-unlock or re-enter the secret/final episodes at all to get 100%.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 1