Only 18 for a Plat?

FOX-MIND

The entire 1st level is in the VR demo, for me it got sufficiently hard by the end of that level that I doubt I could complete the whole game, I only got one S along the way, but mainly got A on the rest of the sections so could improve but if you are thinking of buying just for the platinum I would definitely suggest starting off with the demo and see how you do at that before taking the plunge (will also serve to check nausea, I felt fine nausea wise but I'm not sure I could cope with the bright colours for too much longer).

But can we go back and replay segments we didn't S Rank through Level Select? I'd like to just play for fun on the first run, but I don't want to have to replay segments I already Perfected either.

I think this is how you have to do it:

Not only that, but you can pause and choose restart from last checkpoint and also get an S on a section. In general, it seems that not making a mistake will get an S. You don't need to get perfect turns but you need to hit all notes and not crash at all.

It also seems to me from the demo that the grade is based on the entire lecel but I could be wrong.

just wanted to say that i was sceptical at first, but i played the first two levels in VR mode yesterday and it was awesome! especially if you use good headphones and turn the volume up.

VR is a bit blurry and low-res, mostly noticeable if you look in the background/far away, but i quickly forgot about that and was quite immersed in the game and had a blast. i never tried anything related to VR in my life and it was a whole new gaming experience for me.

will check out the Until Dawn thingy this weekend next... VR will definitely take a hit on my completion rate :P

Just so you have an idea, as of last night, only 9 people have gotten an S-Rank on level 9, meaning no more than 9 people have this Plat, at least on PS4. I don't know how many PC players there are, but that's still a tiny percentage.

Then again, the game is still fairly new, and that number has been slowly increasing.

Just so you have an idea, as of last night, only 9 people have gotten an S-Rank on level 9, meaning no more than 9 people have this Plat, at least on PS4. I don't know how many PC players there are, but that's still a tiny percentage.

i guess with quite some dedication you can learn the patterns of every stage, they seem to be always the same, correct? at least i didn't notice any kind of randomization in the few stages i played so far.

oh and i find it WAY easier in VR mode for some reason, btw. i just see everything better and sooner, and the input lag seems lower. 

Can anyone confirm whether or not you can get the S Rank trophies just by S Ranking the individual sections or if you have to S Rank every sublevel in one continuous play for it to count? Seems like that'll make the difference between an 8/10 and a 10/10.

I believe you need to S-Rank each sub-level in one continuous play. I have evidence that supports this when I confirmed it last night on stage 1. Previously I had only missed one trigger pad and it gave me an A-Rank. Replaying it, I hit all of the pads and earned the S-Rank. I was unable to do the sub-levels individually, even for practice, which is kind of rough. I had to play the whole set again. Not bad for level 1, but later levels span about 25 sub-levels, and demanding perfection across all of them makes it insanely difficult.

What I'm unsure about is whether or not the S-Rank for the entire level is based on a score of an average of your rankings over the sub-levels. I know in the case of level 1, I had to S-Rank all sub-levels, but that may have been because level 1 is shorter than the rest of the levels in the game. In level 2 while I got mostly B's, and a few S's, I managed to pull an A ranking where I'd expect a B. You can get an S-Rank in any sub-level by not taking damage and hitting all of the pads, walls, etc. But, you can score even more points for doing, say, a perfect turn, which is activating the turn on beat and releasing it off beat. Maybe if you miss a pad and lose the multiplier, a high number of perfect turns may work in your favor to pulling out an S-Ranking.

I believe you need to S-Rank each sub-level in one continuous play. I have evidence that supports this when I confirmed it last night on stage 1. Previously I had only missed one trigger pad and it gave me an A-Rank. Replaying it, I hit all of the pads and earned the S-Rank. I was unable to do the sub-levels individually, even for practice, which is kind of rough. I had to play the whole set again. Not bad for level 1, but later levels span about 25 sub-levels, and demanding perfection across all of them makes it insanely difficult.

What I'm unsure about is whether or not the S-Rank for the entire level is based on a score of an average of your rankings over the sub-levels. I know in the case of level 1, I had to S-Rank all sub-levels, but that may have been because level 1 is shorter than the rest of the levels in the game. In level 2 while I got mostly B's, and a few S's, I managed to pull an A ranking where I'd expect a B. You can get an S-Rank in any sub-level by not taking damage and hitting all of the pads, walls, etc. But, you can score even more points for doing, say, a perfect turn, which is activating the turn on beat and releasing it off beat. Maybe if you miss a pad and lose the multiplier, a high number of perfect turns may work in your favor to pulling out an S-Ranking.

It's based entirely on no misses and no damage. I managed an S Rank on Level 1 and I saw a score much higher than mine on the leaderboard that was only an A Rank.

It's based entirely on no misses and no damage. I managed an S Rank on Level 1 and I saw a score much higher than mine on the leaderboard that was only an A Rank.

This isn't completely accurate. I've gotten S-Ranks on harder levels after missing pads, or taking damage. If you're using "advance techs" (slamming, perfect turns), you can spare a miss or two.

Of course, ideally, you want no damage and no misses. Just saying it's possible without.

What I'm unsure about is whether or not the S-Rank for the entire level is based on a score of an average of your rankings over the sub-levels.

S-Rank for the whole level is solely based on getting S's on every individual stage. If you get just one A-Rank, your total rank will be no better than an "A". I actually had this happen to me a few days ago, I got an "A" on the last stage of level 9. Completely infuriated.

Edited by TUSMBOX

• 3 months later...
On 10/20/2016 at 1:02 AM, dernop said:

i guess with quite some dedication you can learn the patterns of every stage, they seem to be always the same, correct? at least i didn't notice any kind of randomization in the few stages i played so far.

oh and i find it WAY easier in VR mode for some reason, btw. i just see everything better and sooner, and the input lag seems lower. 

I'm the same, though I think it's got more to do with having depth perception so you can gauge distance on the 'beats' better.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TesseractE said:

I'm the same, though I think it's got more to do with having depth perception so you can gauge distance on the 'beats' better.

that is definitely also true!

i guess the input/display lag highly depends on what kind of tv you're using. if you got your ps4 hooked up to a gaming monitor anyway, this is most likely not an issue at all.

• 1 year later...

Cam someone answer this:

The Levels are Quite long with around 25 sublevels. can I play through half of them and then pause (end the game, play something else) and come back to that sublevel? or is each Level to be finished in one go so I can only pause between levels?

I just wanna know in case...

Otherwise I will prepare myself to always finish a level, means I have to know that I will have enough time to repeat segments for S-rank

• Like 1

On 5.10.2018 at 11:08 AM, Ai-ds_low said:

Cam someone answer this:

The Levels are Quite long with around 25 sublevels. can I play through half of them and then pause (end the game, play something else) and come back to that sublevel? or is each Level to be finished in one go so I can only pause between levels?

Otherwise I will prepare myself to always finish a level, means I have to know that I will have enough time to repeat segments for S-rank

last time i played it you could just quit out anywhere and the current progress in a level is saved, so you can pick it up right where you left it :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dernop said:

last time i played it you could just quit out anywhere and the current progress in a level is saved, so you can pick it up right where you left it :)

Wow thank you!

I wasn't brave enough to try it on saturday, so when we left for dinner for 2 hours, I just left my PS4 and even VR headset on. When I came back the VR function was broken, it was like VR theater mode with a fix view before my eyes. still better than completely without VR bc I cant play this game on screen I never hit the notes right xD

but I had 5 sublevels left like this  it was hard xD

2 minutes ago, Ai-ds_low said:

... I cant play this game on screen I never hit the notes right xD

i personally had the same experience with this. the input lag in the VR headset is WAY lower, basically almost zero, so i found it way easier to hit the notes in VR, too.

oh and perhaps my last statement was slightly misleading, you can't really quit out ANYWHERE and pick it back up. checkpoints are on sub-level basis, tho.. so that's definitely good enough! 

but perhaps just try it for yourself on the second sublevel or something to be 100% sure... they could always have patched this for whatever reason, which is highly unlikely. they even patched in the "restart previous checkpoint" later on, which made the save-scumming for s-ranks easier ;)

19 minutes ago, dernop said:

oh and perhaps my last statement was slightly misleading, you can't really quit out ANYWHERE and pick it back up. checkpoints are on sub-level basis, tho.. so that's definitely good enough! 

No I totally got it xD 

its even better since you always learn a new pattern on sub level basis.

But thanks again I will try this tonight! I was afraid I could only play this on weekends bc there is not enough time in my evenings for a whole level rank S

Edited by Ai-ds_low
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have S rank on worlds 1-4 now and have beat world 9. It gets pretty challenging at wolds 6-8, 9 isn’t all that bad actually. I think your points scored is what determines your rank on a given section. It is possible to miss one or two of the “thumps” and still S rank. Perfect turns and hitting all the red bars and blue arches will certainly help. Get that multiplier up and you will be golden! This really is a fun game if you like challenging rhythm games.

On 10/5/2018 at 2:08 AM, AiManiaTrophyhuntres said:

Cam someone answer this:

You should be able to quit at any point in the world and pick it back up. The game glitched on me a couple of time and I had to restart it. I was able to pick up where I left off.