AJ_Radio's Disappointing Backlog and Wishlist

AJ_Radio

Added Atari Flashback Classics Volume 1 to the backlog.

Bought and completed Playstation All Stars Battle Royale on the Vita. Finished Mega Man X Legacy Collection Volume 1.

Platinum :platinum: #164: Playstation All Stars Battle Royale (October 1st, 2018)

1L66eed4.png

Difficulty: 3/10

Excitement Rating: 5/10

Estimated Time to Platinum: 12 - 15 Hours

Hardest Trophy: Triple Kill!

Okay online. Boring Story Mode. This game is not terrible, but the 20 playthroughs needed for each character in Story Mode got old quick. Glad to get this one done, if only because the platinum will soon be unobtainable.

Platinum :platinum: #165: Mega Man X Legacy Collection Volume 1 (October 2nd, 2018)

1L44b97c.png

Difficulty: 4/10

Excitement Rating: 8.5/10

Estimated Time to Platinum: 20+ Hours

Hardest Trophy: Convert Ops

Very enjoyable collection. Gave me lots of nostalgia playing through these games.

Didn't find the X Challenges to be all that good but it was nice to see they mixed the bosses together. Definitely recommended if you enjoy platformers and shoot em ups.

Edited by Spaz

Added Assassins Creed Origins, Trine and MLB 15 the Show to the backlog.

Completed Rogue Legacy over the weekend.

Platinum :platinum: #166: Rogue Legacy (October 6th, 2018)

1Ld55f52.png

Difficulty: 7/10

Excitement Rating: 9/10

Estimated Time to Platinum: 25 Hours

Hardest Trophy: Thanatophobia (WITHOUT using the Architect, complete the game dying 15 times or less)

Terrific game from Cellar Door Games. I consider the remix bosses to be the make it or break it for the platinum, but the Thanatophobia trophy can be difficult due to the randomness and luck based nature of the game.

Recommended for anyone who wants a challenge and for those who want a fluid, fast and responsive platformer.

Edited by Spaz

• 2 weeks later...

Added MLB 18 the Show and Marvel's Spider-Man to the backlog.

Rented and completed Deadpool.

Bought and completed Super Stardust Delta, Celeste and Forma.8.

Platinum :platinum: #167: Deadpool (October 11th, 2018)

1L1e42ff.png

Excitement: 8/10

Hardest Trophy: It's a Trap (Score a combo of 75 or more while fighting up the stairs at the "Front Gates of EEEEEEEVIL!")

Fairly alright hack and slash superhero game. Does nothing really good but it's serviceable. Definitely enjoyed the Deadpool humor throughout. 

Platinum :platinum: #168: Celeste (October 17th, 2018)

1L4ee3e4.png

Excitement: 6/10

Estimated Time to Platinum: 7 - 8 Hours

Hardest Trophy: Impress Your Friends (Collect 175 Strawberries)

Didn't enjoy this game too much. The music was good, graphics were alright for a retro themed platformer. Wasn't too concerned with the story, and I felt Assist Mode in many ways broke the game mechanics. Still, for what it offered, it was okay.

Platinum :platinum: #169: Forma.8 (October 18th, 2018)

1L0c8b1c.png

Excitement: 8/10

Estimated Time to Platinum: 4 - 6 Hours

Hardest Trophy: Rust In Peace (Defeat the Wrecked Titan)

Somewhat unique indie Metroidvania from MixedBag. Nothing difficult. Definitely recommend a guide for this game, because it's quite easy to get lost here, especially in the bigger areas. Pretty enjoyable and an easy platinum.

Edited by Spaz

Added Dokuro to the backlog.

Completed Downwell, which was a PS Plus title I picked up last year in August.

Platinum :platinum: #170: Downwell (October 24th, 2018)

1Lb2903d.png

Difficulty: 8/10

Excitement Rating: 8/10

Estimated Time to Platinum: 20+ Hours

Hardest Trophy: Well Master (Beat the boss (hard mode))

Definitely a tough one. Hard Mode took up the majority of my time as Areas 1 and 2 proved to be quite difficult. This game is fairly luck dependent as certain upgrades if obtained early can make or end a run. Knife and Fork upgrade is definitely notable for being one of the most important, and countless restarts occurred because I did not get the upgrade early enough. 

It was a fun, challenging platinum. Frustrating at times sure, but the game felt rewarding when I was finally done with it.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got two games off my backlog. Stories: The Path of Destinies and Batman TellTale both complete.

Platinum :platinum: #171: Stories: The Path of Destinies (November 4th, 2018)

1L13453f.png

Estimated Time to Platinum: 15 - 20 Hours

Hardest Trophy: C-C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker! (Achieve a 60 hit combo.)

What started out as a fun little indie adventure turned into a boring slog. Playing the game 25 times over got old quick, and admittedly it was overly repetitive. The game's sense of humor throughout kept me occupied, if only for a little while before I had to take breaks.

Platinum :platinum: #172: Batman (November 11th, 2018)

1Lf30d30.png

Difficulty: 1/10

Excitement Rating: 6/10

Estimated Time to Platinum: 8 Hours

Hardest Trophy:

Playing through one TellTale game pretty much sets the course for what I can expect from playing another TellTale game.

As a fan of Batman myself, the story wasn't terrible, but the constant frame issues, stutters and near freezing in certain cutscenes was inexcusable. Otherwise it's rather standard fare, play through the story and earn the platinum at the end.

Edited by Spaz

Completed Assassins Creed: Freedom Cry. Another Playstation Plus game off my backlog.

A whole bunch of crashes later and I'm glad to have this finished. Whatever genius thought it would be a good idea to release Freedom Cry in this condition should of been fired. Had to replay some sections several times due to crashes. The game also feels a bit more buggy and glitchy compared to the main game Black Flag. Playing Freedom Cry through Black Flag didn't have as many issues, so I'm guessing it's the stand alone that has these problems.

Picked up Burly Men at Sea for free from this month's Playstation Plus offerings.

Platinum :platinum: #173: Burly Men at Sea (November 14th, 2018)

1L108650.png

Difficulty: 1/10

Excitement Rating: 4/10

Estimated Time to Platinum: 2 Hours

Hardest Trophy:

A cute little adventure game that is easy and relaxing.

At least it was free. Otherwise I didn't find anything all too good about this game. It's just okay.

Edited by Spaz

• 2 weeks later...

Rented and completed The Testament of Sherlock Holmes.

Platinum :platinum: #174: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (November 22nd, 2018)

1L2128d4.png

Difficulty: 2/10

Estimated Time to Platinum: 4 - 6 Hours

Hardest Trophy: 16S348ed8.pngThe Brain (I never get your limits... there are unexplored possibilities about you.)

A good Sherlock Holmes game story wise hampered by terrible controls and glitches.

Moving around in the game was a chore. Controls have horrible lag input, whoever at Frogwares programmed the controls deserves to get fired.

Good voice acting, interesting story, a good selection of puzzles. Only the temptation of skipping them was the difficult part of this game.

Edited by Spaz

• 2 weeks later...

Completed Assassins Creed Rogue, and reached the 175th platinum milestone.

Platinum :platinum: #175: Assassins Creed Rogue (December 6th, 2018)

1L83e12d.png

Estimated Time to Platinum: 33 Hours

Hardest Trophy: 32S123c38.pngMaster of the North Atlantic (All legendary battles completed)

Not a bad game for what I think is a Black Flag clone.

The collectibles were a chore. A couple trophies were annoying to get. Otherwise it is standard Assassins Creed fare.

Still enjoy the Shanties.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished off Saints Row the Third and it's DLC.

Platinum :platinum: #176: Saints Row the Third (December 16th, 2018)

1L39b276.png

Difficulty Rating: 3/10

Excitement Rating: 7.5/10

Estimated Time to Platinum: 33 Hours

Hardest Trophy: 35S5e73b1.png You're My Hero! (Complete ALL Challenges)

Fairly easy, fairly enjoyable open world game, the third in the series.

The challenges were annoying to get. A few were time consuming (Carjack 250 times, Powerslide for 300 seconds, etc) and a couple were missable (Kill 25 STAG Commandos). Other than that this game was pretty easy. The DLC was quick and simple. Overall it's worth playing.

Edited by Spaz

• 3 weeks later...

Added Ghost Blade HD and Woah Dave! to the backlog.

Shovel Knight I decided to put back on the backlog, while I don't need the platinum since I already have it, I don't have the 100 percent. Therefore the game will count as a 100 percent and not as a platinum.

Adding a new section for Gamefly Rentals, which are games that I'm currently renting and am planning to rent in the foreseeable future.

Changed around a few games in the Wishlist section.

Edited by Spaz

Completed Fallout Shelter.

Added images to the List of Dropped Games section.

Platinum :platinum: #177: Fallout Shelter (January 5th, 2019)

1L035498.png

Excitement Rating: 4/10

Estimated Time to Platinum: 62 Hours

Hardest Trophy: 14S39aef7.png Overachieve Much? (Complete 100 objectives)

Did not like this game. Having to time skip and/or buy micro transactions isn't my idea of an enjoyable game.

Fallout Shelter is a good game on mobile devices. But it fares poorly on the Playstation 4. Lots of waiting around for stuff to happen, as like most mobile games. Doing the same type of quests over and over was boring and monotone. Bethesda couldn't bother to give the quests more variety.

Glad it's over.

Edited by Spaz

Ghost Blade HD is done.

Platinum :platinum: #178: Ghost Blade HD (January 7th, 2019)

1Lbf7552.png

Difficulty: 6/10

Excitement Rating: 7/10

Estimated Time to Platinum: 8+ Hours

Hardest Trophy: 38S5aedbf.png Score Attack Champion  (Got over 1,000,000,000 points in Score Attack)

Fun little shmup with an easy trophy list for the most part. Score Attack Champion took me hours of practice before I nailed it.

Probably the most difficult platinum I have that is not rare. However it is an enjoyable game and I recommend to anybody who loves shmups. Still pretty easy compared to other shmups I've seen.

Edited by Spaz

On 1/7/2019 at 10:02 PM, closertim said:

Kill your backlog.

I know. I realistically would like to bring it down to 50 games. 

So for the next few months I can’t buy too many games. I accumulated a lot of them through PlayStation Flash Sales. I still have games I bought in 2015 and 2016 I haven’t played yet. 

Despite this....

=====

Added a few games to the Wishlist.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Slowly getting through the rest of the Goat Simulator DLC.

Going to do my best to get through Madden NFL 11 in the coming days.

I will be updating the Wishlist section pretty soon. I won't be buying anything for a while however, and I may end up skipping some games I had originally planned to buy and play.

Goat Simulator and all it's DLC is finished.

Platinum :platinum: #179: Goat Simulator (January 16th, 2019)

1Lc3768a.png

Estimated Time to Platinum: 3 Hours

Hardest Trophy: 25Se1046d.png The Flapmaster  (Score 10 points in Flappy Goat)

Same fare as the PS3 version. Didn't notice any real differences other than maybe slightly better FPS on the PS4.

The DLC was a tad more interesting, ranging from good (Goat MMO) to just annoying (Waste of Space). Glad to get this out of the way, if only because I find most simulators to be rather dull and boring.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

Did a quick and easy 100 percent game, Arcade Archives: Bubble Bobble.

Finally went ahead and completed Madden NFL 11.

Platinum :platinum: #180: Madden NFL 11 (January 27th, 2019)

1Le1dd3c.png

Hardest Trophy: 22S95fd41.pngMadden Moments (Complete the "Super Bowl Sunday" Madden Moment)

Fairly straightforward, easy trophy list for the most part. A couple trophies required stat manipulation.

Madden Moments was easily the hardest trophy and took me several hours to get. I played the first 15 - 20 scenarios before I did anything else for trophies, wasted a lot of time on some of them before I realized you can just alter the stats of the opposing team.

Enjoyable while it lasted. Not sure if I'm going to pick up the later Madden games, since I hear they're considerably easier to platinum than the older ones.

Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One has signed off the list.

Platinum :platinum: #181: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One (February 3rd, 2019)

1L183f89.png

Estimated Time to Platinum: 25 - 30 Hours

Hardest Trophy: 13S4ac81c.png A Moment of Reflection  (Use only Reflectors to destroy the generators in Phonica Moon's security tunnels. (2P +))

The last Ratchet and Clank game I needed to complete the entire series that has trophy support.

I can understand why a lot of people don't like this game because of the co-op aspect and nature, but I didn't find it half bad. A couple trophies almost entirely require a second controller due to the requirements needed to get them.

Overall, nothing too difficult. Grinding for those 1 million bolts took up a good chunk of time, and I upgraded a number of weapons early on so I ended up getting around 1.3 - 1.5 million bolts altogether.

In the end, this was a serviceable Ratchet and Clank game. Not the best obviously, but not as bad as people make it out to be.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Added Darksiders to Gamefly Rentals.

Completed Resistance 3.

Platinum :platinum: #182: Resistance 3 (February 12th, 2019)

1Ld7be60.png

Difficulty: 5/10

Estimated Time to Platinum: 20 - 22 Hours

Hardest Trophy: 2S12932d.pngBrutal  (Complete Campaign Mode on Superhuman)

A solid first person shooter from Insomniac Games that does nothing particularly outstanding apart from some amazing visuals in the cutscenes.

Not too difficult of a platinum. Superhuman difficulty was tough in a few spots, particularly in the snow levels as the Chimera easily outnumbered me when I played through them.

The two co-op trophies were easy with a second controller.

My only hope is for Insomniac Games to revive this franchise with a new game, but that is unlikely to happen.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

Rented and completed Darksiders.

Platinum :platinum: #183: Darksiders (February 16th, 2019)

1La6cebb.png

Excitement Rating: 8.5/10

Estimated Time to Platinum: 24 - 25 Hours

Hardest Trophy: 24S860405.png Aerial Predator  (Kill 160 enemies while on the angelic beast)

A solid God of War/Legend of Zelda/Metroidvania type experience.

One particular trophy brings the difficulty rating to a 4 out of 10. This game is fairly easy overall, with only a couple fights taking a number of tries. Some of the puzzles required a bit of trial and error, but nothing too bad.

The story is good and the gameplay is satisfying. I hope the two sequels that follow are just as fulfilling to play through.

• 2 weeks later...

Dead Space 2 has drifted off into space.

Platinum :platinum: #184: Dead Space 2 (March 1st, 2019)

1L3532db.png

Difficulty: 8/10

Excitement Rating: 10/10

Estimated Time to Platinum: 35 - 40 Hours

Hardest Trophy: 47Se58e74.png Hard to the Core  (Complete the game on Hard Core setting)

This is the big one right here. The hardest platinum since Downwell.

Holy fucking shit was Hard Core difficulty stressful. Ended up playing from scratch again to make better use of my three saves. The journey was insane. I died far more than I care to mention from stupid mistakes and from Necromorphs getting the jump on me. Even with full health and health packs you can die in a matter of seconds from 'enhanced' Necromorphs, as well as obstacles that can be a one hit death. Sometimes you lose hours of progress, like I did.

But this has to be one of the most satisfying platinums out of the 184 I have on this account. Dead Space 2 is a fucking phenomenal game, it's just a shame the series is no more. Extremely rewarding and gratifying platinum.

• Like 2

Man, congrats on that one! I haven't played the game (never owned a PS3), but I have been following the conversations about Hard Core in the last couple of days. It speaks for the quality of the game (and your determination) that at some point you even thought about quitting for a couple of weeks and now it's Friday and the plat is already yours :) Must have been stuck in your head! 

Anyways, congrats again, savour the shiny accomplishment!