MyCareer grind?

Banana_Sausage47

Some of my friends report it is bugged. 

They can´t really win championships and are stuck on lower ranks even winning every matches. can´t confirm this, because i haven´t played much MyCareer. I startet and got into NXT, my friends got instantly into the main roster.

Some of my friends report it is bugged. 

They can´t really win championships and are stuck on lower ranks even winning every matches. can´t confirm this, because i haven´t played much MyCareer. I startet and got into NXT, my friends got instantly into the main roster.

MyCareer crashed on me once already.

Your tryout match and promo work in the tutorial seem to dictate where you end up. The only time I was sent to NXT is when I lost the tryout match to Samoa Joe. The MyCareer file where I did well in promos put me in singles divisions while those I did poorly in put me in tag team divisions. As for the rankings system, it does look like it will take a LOT more to move up the ranks this year.

Yeah think so too. But it looks a bit glitched. I just had a one week feud with Samoa Joe (NXT Champion) we both had zero Rivalry Points, then had a match which i won and Joe won the Feud  :facepalm:  after just one week. Rivalry ended. Now second try it looks like we have a real feud. I was backstage and Rene Young said we face us at the next PPV and then Joe attacked me. Haven´t played further ...

I would definitely say longer than 2k16, I've done the tag titles with no problems and a bit of lengthy time but now I am doing the intercontinental title its taking forever.

I've done eight months on the wwe calendar and won all my matches chased higher ranked wrestlers but I am still 8th in the rankings ??

I'm not suggesting it's glitched but it's definitely longer

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know why but that intercon grind seemed sooooooooooo long... hell it was long.... at one point I thought it was glitched, I was getting negative or zero rivalry points...  It was crazy!!! Finally got it... now working on the WWE belt!!

• 1 month later...

I think I messed up MyCareer a little bit. ? It turns out my created character isn't a heavyweight wrestler. He is one pound (yes, one. freaking. pound) below heavyweight class. Obviously this means I cannot unlock the heavyweight abilities and. therefore, the trophy for unlocking all abilities. I have already purchased the remaining abilities and only need the heavyweight abilities. Once I finish unlocking the trophies for acquiring all belts and unlocking Paul Heyman as my manager, I will need to adjust the weight of my created character and restart MyCareer ?

My question is this: does anybody know if I need to purchase all abilities again or do I need to just purchase the heavyweight ability to unlock the "I am a Wrestling God" trophy since I already purchased the other abilities in my previous playthrough?

• 4 weeks later...

On my career it put me straight into the US title, put me right into 5th place & took me ages to go from 5th place to the number 1 contenders place & that was with winning every match I had. Thought I'd try to go for the WWE tag team tiles after that, went from 10th place to number 1 contender really quickly, then got stuck in a rivalry with Neville for about 8/9 months & had 100 rivalry points for most of the rivalry & won every match I had against him. For 3 PPV's in a row it never put me against him, then the next 2 PPV's after that we were both in a triple threat match & then eventually got to the Hell In A Cell PPV where we had a 1 on 1 match with each other which I won like every other match I had & the rivalry still didn't end. Wasn't even able to challenge for the tag titles cos of it. Got sick of it in the end so moved to a different title just to get rid of the rivalry

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/8/2017 at 9:06 AM, Miles_Warren said:

I think I messed up MyCareer a little bit. 1f630.png It turns out my created character isn't a heavyweight wrestler. He is one pound (yes, one. freaking. pound) below heavyweight class. Obviously this means I cannot unlock the heavyweight abilities and. therefore, the trophy for unlocking all abilities. I have already purchased the remaining abilities and only need the heavyweight abilities. Once I finish unlocking the trophies for acquiring all belts and unlocking Paul Heyman as my manager, I will need to adjust the weight of my created character and restart MyCareer 1f621.png

My question is this: does anybody know if I need to purchase all abilities again or do I need to just purchase the heavyweight ability to unlock the "I am a Wrestling God" trophy since I already purchased the other abilities in my previous playthrough?

I did the same thing. It's been a while since I got the trophy, but I'm 92% sure you have to purchase ALL the abilities again with the new character. It's not too bad, since the VC aren't character specific, so any you've earned with your main character, you can spend on a new one just to get that trophy.

• Like 1

On 10/09/2017 at 6:31 AM, superchester17 said:

I did the same thing. It's been a while since I got the trophy, but I'm 92% sure you have to purchase ALL the abilities again with the new character. It's not too bad, since the VC aren't character specific, so any you've earned with your main character, you can spend on a new one just to get that trophy.

Thanks for the info superchester. It shouldn't be too much of an issue. I have almost a million in VC anyway so I can afford to rebuy all the abilities. ;)

I'm still confused as to how that happened in the first place. I was aware of the trophy requirements when I created my character so I knew I had to make him a heavyweight. It's also annoying that he was one pound below heavyweight and I couldn't edit it. It was like the game was teasing me the entire time lol