Rogue Raiders Online Kickstarter campaign

tnaires

Cristina Martin, a Spanish developer, is developing an exclusive, multiplayer action-RPG called Rogue Raiders Online for the PS Vita. She created a project on Kickstarter a few days ago to help her gathering enough funds to keep working on the game.

She also spent some time yesterday answering questions about the project through Reddit. Quite worthwhile reading it if you are interested on the game.

I can't see it selling well. Vita gamers tend not to be multiplayer gamers. It'd do much better if it was multiplatform.

She seems very decided to create an exclusive game, as she loves this platform very much. But she mentioned everything in the game can be done offline as well.

Vita game?

Exclusive Vita game?

I don't want to be pessimistic, but there's no way it's going to be funded even though the pledge is pretty valid.

Plus, what kuu-tan said, MP games are not for Vita.

However, if it does get funded, it will be delayed,  it would mean there is still hope for Vita in the west, which obviously no one wants so... nah, simply no way.

Yeah it's like a week that the Vita pages i follow on Twitter promote this game. Honetsly for me Meh multy or less that's not the problem i just don't like this kind of Space exploring games since i don't like the theme no matter the game. But who knows let's see, gettin 29000 $ in almost a Month seems quite Hard but who knows.

Even the fact that is Exclusive Meh i stopped caring if a game is exclusive like 2 years ago i don't care if it's on another console i just care it's on the one i have xD

Even the fact that is Exclusive Meh i stopped caring if a game is exclusive like 2 years ago i don't care if it's on another console i just care it's on the one i have xD

Personally I don't care if it's an exclusive or not either. The greatest advantage of being an exclusive is that this game could take the best from the resources available only on the Vita, like touchscreen and rear touch pad, etc - which doesn't seem to be the case for this game anyways.

I'm also very skeptical about whether this project will be funded or not, taken the amount of money it got in the last couple of days versus the amount of money it still needs to get throughout the remaining days. But I got very interested in this game, specially after she said everything can be done offline as well. That's why I decided to back it, I really hope it succeeds.

Edited by tnaires

Personally I don't care if it's an exclusive or not either. The greatest advantage of being an exclusive is that this game could take the best from the resources available only on the Vita, like touchscreen and rear touch pad, etc - which doesn't seem to be the case for this game anyways.

I'm also very skeptical about whether this project will be funded or not, taken the amount of money it got in the last couple of days versus the amount of money it still needs to get throughout the remaining days. But I got very interested in this game, specially after she said everything can be done offline as well. That's why I decided to back it, I really hope it succeeds.

Well the Touch screen is always a pleasure to use when possible but even CrossBuy Games usually used it so no rpoblem :P TheRetrotouch Meh it was a good idea but really bad developed in both games and console, on Uncharted to climb ropes wasn't the best to use to say a game i remember it use it!

Yeah it's a pretty big amount of money so or a lot of people will be intereste din this and get oney for it or nothing even because in my opinion a month is too short of a time, she should set a Month like 7000 and with that show some progress, then a demo and this kind of stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

Kickstarter campaign was not funded successfully. The developer will keep working on the game as a side project, and the game itself won't be released to the Vita anymore. It's going to Steam instead.

More info below:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saffron/rogue-raiders-online-action-rpg-4-player-co-op-for/posts/1740540

Edited by tnaires

Kickstarter campaign was not funded successfully. The developer will keep working on the game as a side project, and the game itself won't be released to the Vita anymore. It's going to Steam instead.

More info below:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saffron/rogue-raiders-online-action-rpg-4-player-co-op-for/posts/1740540

What a surprise like What Half of the indies?

And this one seems like by his claiming it should have been a great Vita exclusive loving the console and wanting a game for it and just for it, yeah like every other Indie developpers Steam/PSN/Xbox Was first thinking THEN Vita Second if possible and have money for it.

I Mean honetsly this guy thought to reach 33000? For just shwoing some images and maybe a Demo? I don't know, it was a lot of money anyway!

So to end just another Developpers as all the others claiming claiming and then nothing and when will be out i'm sure it will be praised why? Becuase it' an indie!

Well personally who acres i wasn't interested in the agem in the first place, there are far better Rpg i have to play than this (That was even an Rpg as this guy was claiming???)

gotta say MMO RPG's and PS Vita don't mix well, i'm not surprised to hear the Kickstarter campaign for the Vita exclusivity have failed, the Vita is a good piece of hardware but not a lot of people have it.

i'm not a PC gamer... anymore, but I really hope the best for her project to be successful on Steam, because No Man's Sky have put a really bad taste on every space exploration fans out there.

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2016 at 8:08 AM, Sora9427 said:

What a surprise like What Half of the indies?

And this one seems like by his claiming it should have been a great Vita exclusive loving the console and wanting a game for it and just for it, yeah like every other Indie developpers Steam/PSN/Xbox Was first thinking THEN Vita Second if possible and have money for it.

I Mean honetsly this guy thought to reach 33000? For just shwoing some images and maybe a Demo? I don't know, it was a lot of money anyway!

So to end just another Developpers as all the others claiming claiming and then nothing and when will be out i'm sure it will be praised why? Becuase it' an indie!

Well personally who acres i wasn't interested in the agem in the first place, there are far better Rpg i have to play than this (That was even an Rpg as this guy was claiming???)

Man, that's a whole lotta rage for a game you were never interested in. ;-D

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Man, that's a whole lotta rage for a game you were never interested in. ;-D

It's quite general honestly with a lot of Indies, just Today another One used the Always excused "Vita is Dead AND it's no powerful enough for my game" Yeah sure You freakin' indie developpers, tell me how then Marvelous is making me have Fate/Extra on Vita in 11 days as well as Ps4?

I'm honestly just tired of all the excuses this people come up to not release it on Vita, on Tiwtter i see a lot of this cases.