How's the performance?

Nano1124

I'm cleaning up on stuff on the PS3 version right now fully patched and the game runs horrifically. Loads times are normally 30 seconds or more, while in main Skyrim the game averages maybe 15 fps and grinds to a halt regularly. Think you were extremely lucky if you had a save with over 100 hours and didn't have any issues.

Mm maybe. How old is your ps3? Did you buy it used? Do you put it in a confined space? How often is it on for consecutive hours?

All of these things contribute to the well being of a console. It could also be the disc itself. My game still suffers from stutters occasionally though and the game does dip in fps near water or in very vast open area but it returns smoothly once indoors or in cities.

I should note that I've encountered about 1 or 2 major bugs where I got stuck randomly above the sky and I couldn't do anything. Image was frozen but I could hear movement. I luckily had other saves.

Mm maybe. How old is your ps3? Did you buy it used? Do you put it in a confined space? How often is it on for consecutive hours?

All of these things contribute to the well being of a console. It could also be the disc itself. My game still suffers from stutters occasionally though and the game does dip in fps near water or in very vast open area but it returns smoothly once indoors or in cities.

I should note that I've encountered about 1 or 2 major bugs where I got stuck randomly above the sky and I couldn't do anything. Image was frozen but I could hear movement. I luckily had other saves.

3 - 4 years old, I don't buy used* systems, it's about as open as it can be. I have a vanilla disc, but I take good care of my stuff so the disc is flawless.

I do think you're probably just on the lucky side. It's a well known issue that all Bethesda's PS3 games that run on the Fallout/Skyrim engine shit the bed after the hours played start getting up because because of how they handle saves. I was lucky on Fallout 3 and never ran into the slowdown issues, but it's all hitting me on my main skyrim save.

Edited by Gage

3 - 4 years old, I don't buy new systems, it's about as open as it can be. I have a vanilla disc, but I take good care of my stuff so the disc is flawless.

I do think you're probably just on the lucky side. It's a well known issue that all Bethesda's PS3 games that run on the Fallout/Skyrim engine shit the bed after the hours played start getting up because because of how they handle saves. I was lucky on Fallout 3 and never ran into the slowdown issues, but it's all hitting me on my main skyrim save.

Yea, guess I dodged a giant bullet back then when I played it. Hope it all goes well for you and good luck on trophy hunting.:)

PS: your trophy collection is impressive!

Edited by poopooblast