Mass Effect Andromeda info dump

KingGuy420

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1309671

There's a massive amount of Andromeda info if anyone is looking for it. It covers EVERYTHING... Basic story / classes / exploration / gameplay / relationships / multiplayer / gear / etc / etc... Literally touches on everything.

There's somethings in there that some people might consider spoilers but definitely no major spoilers. So read at your own risk.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 3

i'm sure it'll be a great game, i just hope the multiplayer will be good too like the one in Mass effect 3

Me too. ME3's multiplayer was one if my favorite games last gen, and easily my all time favorite multiplayer. I'm excited to see what they bring to the table this time around.
  • Like 1

yeah I'm so excited for it, which rarely happens to me anymore. I was worried that I wouldn't like the info that came out today but so far it's all been pretty much exactly what I wanted.

Only some games really excite me to the point im dying to play it. Can't wait to see who the romance options are going to be <3 

I kinda like the idea that they are getting rid of the RED vs BLUE paragon dialogue choices. That way you choose what YOU want to choose.. Without knowing about your consequences till after you've said it.

Too many people are worried about playing as a good or bad guy, that they will choose the dialogue option that the game tells them is the "RIGHT" or "WRONG".. It makes no sense to me as a roleplayer. Things should never be that simple.

• Like 1

Damn, as much as I want to read it, the spoilers are what's stopping me :|. Good to know Bioware released lots of info on N7 Day.

Yeah, I get that. I was just going to copy and paste it here but I figured I'd keep that extra step to avoid accidents lol.

Not much gets spoiled by it, storywise, just like the characters name and back story and why he's in this situation. I know a lot of people who are trying to avoid 100% of spoilers though so I figured I'd be respectful.

Edited by KingGuy420

• 4 weeks later...

I kinda like the idea that they are getting rid of the RED vs BLUE paragon dialogue choices. That way you choose what YOU want to choose.. Without knowing about your consequences till after you've said it.

Too many people are worried about playing as a good or bad guy, that they will choose the dialogue option that the game tells them is the "RIGHT" or "WRONG".. It makes no sense to me as a roleplayer. Things should never be that simple.

But not everything can be conveyed through a few words in an options circle. Personally, I thought the red/blue thing was pretty handy to know if I was about to react compassionately or violently, I've restarted from checkpoints quite a few times in these games because the choice I took based on the few words presented was not how I thought that choice would be said at all. Same goes for Telltale titles though neither is quite as bad as L.A. Noire was in this regard.

I don't really like that there's another multiplayer in the game, to me that's wasted resources, I ignored the multiplayer in ME3 as well. I just hope that the people into multiplayer will enjoy it, and for me that the single player campaign is elaborate enough (and does not get too many trophies taken away from it because they want to give multiplayer some trophies as well).

Link is busted. Got another?

Edit: Nevermind! For some reason it worked on the 4th attempt... weird. Ignore me!

2nd Edit: Nice infor dump. I am very encouraged to see that they dropped the Renegade/Paragon system, as one of main criticisms of the early games was that this incentivised players to follow just one or the other path rather than to react to a situation as they would naturally. The "blank slate" character progression sounds fun too. 

Definitely more interested in the game now. Will keep an eye out for reviews once it launches. 

Edited by StrickenBiged

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1309671

There's a massive amount of Andromeda info if anyone is looking for it. It covers EVERYTHING... Basic story / classes / exploration / gameplay / relationships / multiplayer / gear / etc / etc... Literally touches on everything.

There's somethings in there that some people might consider spoilers but definitely no major spoilers. So read at your own risk.

NeoGAF Message
No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

I don't really like that there's another multiplayer in the game, to me that's wasted resources, I ignored the multiplayer in ME3 as well.

You missed out. The multiplayer was amazing. The gameplay depth alone hit levels that I don't think any other game ever has. For people who enjoy pure gameplay over anything else, the argument for one of the best games ever could be made.

You missed out. The multiplayer was amazing. The gameplay depth alone hit levels that I don't think any other game ever has. For people who enjoy pure gameplay over anything else, the argument for one of the best games ever could be made.

I'm not into multiplayer at all though, so I ignore all multiplayer except in a rare few cases. I really liked how multiplayer was done in The Crew, and I would have liked the multiplayer in Assassin's Creed Unity if only I had had friends who were playing it as well (alas, only two people in my circle of gaming friends are playing Assassin's Creed - one recently became a father and does not have time for multiplayer, one games at such a slow pace that he just now has started on III).

For those who haven't seen it, here is the official gameplay trailer:

The game looks great but my the facial animations look absolutely terrible. The characters don't emote at all and it looks very strange and fake, hopefully it will be fixed in the final release because with as much money as this game has pumped into it, there is really no excuse for it to be that bad. 

Parker

• Like 1

The game looks great but my the facial animations look absolutely terrible. The characters don't emote at all and it looks very strange and fake, hopefully it will be fixed in the final release because with as much money as this game has pumped into it, there is really no excuse for it to be that bad.

I watched as far as I needed to to see the face animations, trying to ignore stuff about it because I want to be surprised once I play it.

I don't think the animations look that bad, I may be more forgiving towards that kind of stuff though. It helps that I'm not a native English speaker and I use English subs on all games to help a little bit, so I'm not just watching the faces during those games but I'm switching between faces and subs.

Parker

It does seem to be an early build that they just patch worked together to demo. Graphical polish is usually something they worry about near the end so I gave faith they'll fix the faces. If you watch her run, it looks really weird too, almost like they just slapped the female skin over the male mo-cap. Something else they hopefully fix.

I'm not into multiplayer at all though, so I ignore all multiplayer except in a rare few cases. I really liked how multiplayer was done in The Crew, and I would have liked the multiplayer in Assassin's Creed Unity if only I had had friends who were playing it as well (alas, only two people in my circle of gaming friends are playing Assassin's Creed - one recently became a father and does not have time for multiplayer, one games at such a slow pace that he just now has started on III).

Oh OK, I got ya. Just for future reference though, you probably shouldn't call something "wasted resources" if you didn't actually check to see if they were wasted. Seems kind of odd too just make that kind of blanket statement with nothing to back it up =).

Oh OK, I got ya. Just for future reference though, you probably shouldn't call something "wasted resources" if you didn't actually check to see if they were wasted. Seems kind of odd too just make that kind of blanket statement with nothing to back it up =).

Me not being into multiplayer is why I said that "to me it's wasted resources" :) What I meant is, I'm sure there's people who actually enjoy the multiplayer but I just see money and time spent on multiplayer that could have gone to the single player campaign :D

I get that a big number of players enjoys multiplayer and I don't want to take away games they enjoy from them, but it kind of bugs me when a franchise that's traditionally single player (and is all about the story) suddenly gets a multiplayer added, just because multiplayer is "hot right now". Mass Effect, Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed... The only multiplayer added to a single player franchise which I thoroughly enjoyed was Portal.

Me not being into multiplayer is why I said that "to me it's wasted resources" :) What I meant is, I'm sure there's people who actually enjoy the multiplayer but I just see money and time spent on multiplayer that could have gone to the single player campaign :D

I get that a big number of players enjoys multiplayer and I don't want to take away games they enjoy from them, but it kind of bugs me when a franchise that's traditionally single player (and is all about the story) suddenly gets a multiplayer added, just because multiplayer is "hot right now". Mass Effect, Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed... The only multiplayer added to a single player franchise which I thoroughly enjoyed was Portal.

My thought process is a little different I guess. Even if they focused all those resources to the single player and doubled the length of the game, it still would've been close to a thousand hours less then I got with the multiplayer included lol. I mean, not only was it an insanely good multiplayer but it also gave me much more value for my $. That's a win / win. I'd much rather a multiplayer with hundreds of hours of replayability over a few more hours of single player. That's just me though.

Don't get me wrong, I some what agree with ya. I hate when games tack on a half assed multiplayer, just so they can say they have multiplayer. Like Bioshock 2 or Arkham Origins... they were really fun but they were definitely thrown together without much thought. But then games like Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed come along and prove that it can be done right and taught me not to make snap judgements about them lol.

Edited by KingGuy420

My thought process is a little different I guess. Even if they focused all those resources to the single player and doubled the length of the game, it still would've been close to a thousand hours less then I got with the multiplayer included lol. I mean, not only was it an insanely good multiplayer but it also gave me much more value for my $. That's a win / win. I'd much rather a multiplayer with hundreds of hours of replayability over a few more hours of single player. That's just me though.

Don't get me wrong, I some what agree with ya. I hate when games tack on a half assed multiplayer, just so they can say they have multiplayer. Like Bioshock 2 or Arkham Origins... they were really fun but they were definitely thrown together without much thought. But then games like Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed come along and prove that it can be done right and taught me not to make snap judgements about them lol.

While there are definitely some games where I really enjoyed the multiplayer despite it being an addition to a SP franchise (I actually played a lot of multiplayer in AC Brotherhood), I would still say that I'd have appreciated more work gone into improving the single player part of the game even if that would not equal to the same number of hours in which I enjoyed the game. The only exception to this rule I can think of is Portal 2, where the single player part seemed perfect and the multiplayer really did feel like an added bonus.

I'm just a single player dude I guess, if I play multiplayer at all it probably is playing either LEGO or a 2D co-op platformer with the missus. Other than that, Nintendo couch multiplayer is really the only thing I care for (though I have to add that I thought the 'always running in to people' in The Crew was pretty well done, but in that game you don't have to go explicitly for multiplayer, it just happens naturally while you're doing your own stuff).

I'm not so close minded that I don't want people who like MP to have their fun but to me personally, it's just a lost cause.

8 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

While there are definitely some games where I really enjoyed the multiplayer despite it being an addition to a SP franchise (I actually played a lot of multiplayer in AC Brotherhood), I would still say that I'd have appreciated more work gone into improving the single player part of the game even if that would not equal to the same number of hours in which I enjoyed the game. The only exception to this rule I can think of is Portal 2, where the single player part seemed perfect and the multiplayer really did feel like an added bonus.

I'm just a single player dude I guess, if I play multiplayer at all it probably is playing either LEGO or a 2D co-op platformer with the missus. Other than that, Nintendo couch multiplayer is really the only thing I care for (though I have to add that I thought the 'always running in to people' in The Crew was pretty well done, but in that game you don't have to go explicitly for multiplayer, it just happens naturally while you're doing your own stuff).

I'm not so close minded that I don't want people who like MP to have their fun but to me personally, it's just a lost cause.

To each their own I guess. I'm pretty excited for it and at the end of the day that's all that really matters to me lol.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

To each their own I guess. I'm pretty excited for it and at the end of the day that's all that really matters to me lol.

Same here except I'm only excited for the single player portion :) feel free to pull me into some multiplayer sessions to prove me wrong though.