A Big Cynical Adventure

DuckSwimmer

Absolutely love these kind of games because I grew up with them on the PC, lol.

Anyways, here's the trailer for the game. It seems like a humorous game (probably not a stupidly hilarious as Deponia)

Comes out on 11/15.

Thoughts on the game and/or trophies? It looks like a pretty simple list, especially considering it's a point and click game.

From the minimal research I've done, the game is already out on steam. Taking into the assumption that the game probably is going to be $10 since the last PC game that was on Steam that they brought over (My Name is Mayo) was the same price on both Steam and PSN.

• Like 2

Call me cynical, but this looks like a pile of shit. This game and most games lately seem like lazy excuses for a games that are only made for a quick buck. There's been nothing ground-breaking, nothing innovative, nothing new. They're just rehashing the same shit and expecting us to buy it again.

And because I know someone's going to overreact to this, my post was sarcastic. The game is about cynicism. It actually seems pretty interesting.

• Like 2

Call me cynical, but this looks like a pile of shit. This game and most games lately seem like lazy excuses for a games that are only made for a quick buck. There's been nothing ground-breaking, nothing innovative, nothing new. They're just rehashing the same shit and expecting us to buy it again.

And because I know someone's going to overreact to this, my post was sarcastic. The game is about cynicism. It actually seems pretty interesting.

Lmao in all honesty though you do have a point if you back up and look at the overall thing. This is the third trophy list(to my knowledge) in the past two weeks that are games that were originally on PC/Steam and coming to the PS4/Vita. :P

I just hope that'll play fine on the system.

Edited by DuckSwimmer

Pfft, and people say games aren't coming out on Vita anymore. This just proves them wrong. We get the best games. :D

As a cynical bastard myself, this game appeals to me. :P It actually looks quite interesting. What makes it even more appealing is that sweet, sweet platinum. :eyebrow:

If this is priced reasonably, I'll totally pick it up. Since My Name is Mayo hasn't come to the EU store though, I wonder if this one will.

I will answer some of questions above :

Firstly, i'm sorry to tell this, game was delayed. It will now release on December 6 according to this message from the developer : http://www.gamekult.com/forum/topic-topic-officiel-la-psvita-best-console-yukish-603469n.html?p=25056995&viewfull=1#post25056995

The reason is that reviewers found an annoying bug : in very rare occasions, instead of your normal inventory, it was blank and you needed to reload a manual save. There is one auto save and five manual saves. There is also a minor issue when inventory is blank... I'm trying to help the developer to fix this issue (got it one time in 4 chapters and a half...) so that's the reason you see me with trophies for this game.

Game should take around 10h to complete for a first run, I'm 8h45 and at the beginning/middle of chapter 5. There are 6 chapters.

Regarding trophies, there aren't very hard to unlock, you just need to do some special actions (it seems I missed 2 or 3 now I see the hidden ones -_-).

The only ones that will be hard :

- "Cookie expert" if you don't have a walkthrough because cookies are tiny on Vita

- "Game Over Expert" because the game wants you to die and experiment but if you take the good choice too early, you "missed" game overs :devil: So, you will need to reload the scene if you have a manual save or replay some scenes when game is finished. I don't know if it's possible, it's just an hope because I've missed a lot of game overs.

- "Mommy, I wanna stay at the funfair!" : 1,000 coins, seriously? Or maybe you need to be extremely lucky at the wheel because there is a 10,000 coins tiny section.

Anyway, game is really cool if you like stuff like broken sword. Vita port is nice, loading times are short and you can play with front touchpad or/and sticks. If you don't like toilet humour, you can reduce it or remove it completely. I kept it and it's fine for me :D I'm not sure about price but I think it will be released at 10$/€.

Edited by Ashman_82
  • Like 1

I will answer some of questions above :

Firstly, i'm sorry to tell this, game was delayed. It will now release on December 6 according to this message from the developer : http://www.gamekult.com/forum/topic-topic-officiel-la-psvita-best-console-yukish-603469n.html?p=25056995&viewfull=1#post25056995

The reason is that reviewers found an annoying bug : in very rare occasions, instead of your normal inventory, it was blank and you needed to reload a manual save. There is one auto save and five manual saves. There is also a minor issue when inventory is blank... I'm trying to help the developer to fix this issue (got it one time in 4 chapters and a half...) so that's the reason you see me with trophies for this game.

Game should take around 10h to complete for a first run, I'm 8h45 and at the beginning/middle of chapter 5. There are 6 chapters.

Regarding trophies, there aren't very hard to unlock, you just need to do some special actions (it seems I missed 2 or 3 now I see the hidden ones -_-).

The only ones that will be hard :

- "Cookie expert" if you don't have a walkthrough because cookies are tiny on Vita

- "Game Over Expert" because the game wants you to die and experiment but if you take the good choice too early, you "missed" game overs :devil: So, you will need to reload the scene if you have a manual save or replay some scenes when game is finished. I don't know if it's possible, it's just an hope because I've missed a lot of game overs.

- "Mommy, I wanna stay at the funfair!" : 1,000 coins, seriously? Or maybe you need to be extremely lucky at the wheel because there is a 10,000 coins tiny section.

Anyway, game is really cool if you like stuff like broken sword. Vita port is nice, loading times are short and you can play with front touchpad or/and sticks. If you don't like toilet humour, you can reduce it or remove it completely. I kept it and it's fine for me :D I'm not sure about price but I think it will be released at 10$/€.

Damn it ): I was happy because it was a good amount of time apart from Deponia (I take my time with these type of games.. lmao) With this game coming out a week after Deponia, this just kinda sucks now.. I mean, at least they're doing it because of bugs so I can't be that disappointed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Damn it ): I was happy because it was a good amount of time apart from Deponia (I take my time with these type of games.. lmao) With this game coming out a week after Deponia, this just kinda sucks now.. I mean, at least they're doing it because of bugs so I can't be that disappointed.

Ok, patch 1.01 was released on sunday and fixes inventory issues. I did a second run to get trophies I missed on first run and to check everything is fine, it seems the case :)

Also, it isn't indicated in patch notes but a "chapter select" option was added : you can choose from chapter 1 to 6 and also the final room. It's more convenient for "Game Over Expert" trophy, not sure it works for "Cookie Expert" though.

"Mommy, I wanna stay at the funfair" isn't that hard, you just need to do horse races for 10-15min.

My first run took me 11 hours and the second one a bit less than 5 hours so around 15 hours for the platinum trophy, not too difficult :)

Edited by Ashman_82
  • Like 1

Ok, patch 1.01 was released on sunday and fixes inventory issues. I did a second run to get trophies I missed on first run and to check everything is fine, it seems the case :)

Also, it isn't indicated in patch notes but a "chapter select" option was added : you can choose from chapter 1 to 6 and also the final room. It's more convenient for "Game Over Expert" trophy, not sure it works for "Cookie Expert" though.

"Mommy, I wanna stay at the funfair" isn't that hard, you just need to do horse races for 10-15min.

My first run took me 11 hours and the second one a bit less than 5 hours so around 15 hours for the platinum trophy, not too difficult :)

Good to hear, hopefully they push the release date a little more sooner :x

• 8 months later...
On 11/13/2016 at 9:29 PM, Crimson Idol said:

On the one hand I'm interested in this game as it seems like a nice adventure for the Vita (and I hope it doesn't run like shit) but on the other hand I'm a bit afraid that this game will be too crowded with cynism and that it won't be fun anymore after a while...

Hahaha bro it's like so subversive pointing out things wrong with video game conventions haha so cynical. 

Yeah nah I'll pass.