Blue Reflection - Maboroshi ni Mau Shoujo no Ken

Hadeshii

The trailer doesn't give me much to go off, but it's a Japanese game and I see the words "yuri" and "school". I'm totally sold! xD

Anyone know what the chances are that this will get localised? I need to add this to my Vita game collection. B)

Well there haven't been any Gust games that haven't been localized recently. However because of Vita's popularity outside of Japan, I doubt the Vita port will be localized. On top of that, Gust has been known to optimize Vita ports horribly, esp for new IPs (just look at Yoru no nai Kuni)

Official site for the game: http://social.gust.co.jp/gakkou/

Well there haven't been any Gust games that haven't been localized recently. However because of Vita's popularity outside of Japan, I doubt the Vita port will be localized. On top of that, Gust has been known to optimize Vita ports horribly, esp for new IPs (just look at Yoru no nai Kuni)

Official site for the game: http://social.gust.co.jp/gakkou/

Ah, so there's a good chance it will come over then. That's good. As for the Vita version, there are still plenty of Japanese Vita games that get localised to this day, so I'm not sure the Vita's popularity alone is enough to deter them from releasing it over here. Niche games can be succesful on Vita. The issue is probably more with Gust themselves. It looks like the Vita version of Nights of Azure was so poor that they decided it wasn't worth the effort of localising it. Maybe if we're lucky, the Vita version of this game won't be a complete train wreck and they might bring it over. I hope so anyway.

The trailer doesn't give me much to go off, but it's a Japanese game and I see the words "yuri" and "school". I'm totally sold! xD

Anyone know what the chances are that this will get localised? I need to add this to my Vita game collection. B)

I'm worried blades is right. 

Sure, we are getting Ateliers, but we did not get Yoru no Nai Kuni... 

I think we can count on PS4 localization (unless it becomes more fanservice) as most likely and Vita as 50-50.

• Like 1

I'm worried blades is right. 

Sure, we are getting Ateliers, but we did not get Yoru no Nai Kuni... 

I think we can count on PS4 localization (unless it becomes more fanservice) as most likely and Vita as 50-50.

You've got to believe, Satoshi. BELIEVE! :awesome:

I'm hoping they didn't bring Nights of Azure (or Yoru no Nai Kuni if you prefer) over to the west purely because of the technical issues. Assuming the Vita version of this game runs fine, I think there's a decent chance we'll see it localised, even if it's digital only.

Edited by Undead Wolf

You've got to believe, Satoshi. BELIEVE! :awesome:

B-But, if I believe it, it means an insta buy, if it's not available on Vita, I can simply wait for sale :awesome: 

I'm hoping they didn't bring Nights of Azure (or Yoru no Nai Kuni if you prefer) over to the west purely because of the technical issues. Assuming the Vita version of this game runs fine, I think there's a decent chance we'll see it localised, even if it's digital only.

Actually, we should hope it was because of technical issues. Otherwise, we can see as US KT's step towards PS4-only localizations.

Actually, we should hope it was because of technical issues. Otherwise, we can see as US KT's step towards PS4-only localizations.

That's what I meant to say. Sorry if my wording was confusing. :P

I was trying to say that I hope their reasoning behind not bringing Nights of Azure's Vita version over to the west was because of the technical issues and not because they didn't think it would be profitable. If it's the former, I think we could be seeing Blue Reflection's Vita version come to the west, but if it's the latter, then we probably won't. :( 

Since you seem to own a PS4 yourself, why even care for the Vita version? It just wouldn't look as good.

Because it's a JRPG on the Vita. What more needs to be said? :awesome: 

It's not like the game is going to look substantially worse. Japanese games don't have "AAA" graphiczz, so it'll look fine on Vita, and the positives of having it on a handheld outweigh the negatives for me in most cases.

I want this game so bad - it looks so beautiful but something tells me either it won't be localized, the VA will be crappy and/or the gameplay will be bad. 

Idk, I am expecting some shit with it because it just looks so gorgeous it must come with a catch.

Edited by miki-iki

I want this game so bad - it looks so beautiful but something tells me either it won't be localized, the VA will be crappy and/or the gameplay will be bad. 

It has Sakura Ayane, no, this is not a cause of concern :P

Idk, I am expecting some shit with it because it just looks so gorgeous it must come with a catch.

Catches do not come with Japanese games :D

• Like 1

It's technically developed by Gust, but since KT bought out Gust, it is a KT game. As for whether it is a musou game, I doubt it, but they haven't said much about the battle system. 

I'm pretty sure they announced it as classic JRPG. (well, 'heroic RPG', lol =D That's like First Person Shiawase, lol xD)

Not sure if action or turn-based, though.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami