A Casual Attack on Your Backlog

I just sold my Vita, so I won't be putting any of its games on my list again...

I've been playing less and less on it this past year. Even on my last two holidays I've barely used it, and when I did it was mostly because "I just HAVE to play on it once in a while to get through those PS+ games" or because I wanted to play on my PS4 but did not have a television available. I'm saving for my Switch now so I'm selling some stuff, and I realised that once I own a Switch I would probably not even take the Vita with me any more. Better figure this out now and use it to fund the Switch than to realise it two years later...

A game store gave me a trade in value of just €25 less than I paid for it in a store two years ago and I only used it for PS+ games and PS4 gaming on holidays so I think it's money well spent. It has now funded Zelda and half of a double joy pack.

Haven't really had gaming time this past week, busy with other stuff.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

I just sold my Vita, so I won't be putting any of its games on my list again...

I've been playing less and less on it this past year. Even on my last two holidays I've barely used it, and when I did it was mostly because "I just HAVE to play on it once in a while to get through those PS+ games" or because I wanted to play on my PS4 but did not have a television available. I'm saving for my Switch now so I'm selling some stuff, and I realised that once I own a Switch I would probably not even take the Vita with me any more. Better figure this out now and use it to fund the Switch than to realise it two years later...

A game store gave me a trade in value of just €25 less than I paid for it in a store two years ago and I only used it for PS+ games and PS4 gaming on holidays so I think it's money well spent. It has now funded Zelda and half of a double joy pack.

Haven't really had gaming time this past week, busy with other stuff.

I did the same thing to my PS3. I will miss a lot of the games on it(Ni No Kuni, Ratchet and Clank HD collection) but my system had been dissing me a lot lately and a lot of the PS3 games can be played on PS Now(although I had some trouble with the free trial) so I didn't see the need to use the PS3 anymore.

Of course, it only sold for $25 as defective because the power cord was damaged. :(

1 down 5 to go!

I've just finished the story for Assassins Creed Black Flag, very enjoyable game, really loved the pirate side of things, I even got used to the annoying tailing people bits.  I'll do a little bit of mop up tomorrow, as I have 3 locations not yet visited and one Mayan statue to find, I'm not planning on doing the multiplayer as I have too many games on my backlog to spend all my time playing this one.

Spoiler
  • Contrast || PS4 || Start 14% (Rank E) || Goal: Story complete ||
  • Assassins Creed IV Black Flag || PS4 || Start 1% (E) || Goal: Story complete || Current 62% (A)
  • Outrun || PS3 || Start 4% (E) || Goal: Rank A ||
  • Ghostbusters || PS3 || Start 8% (E) || Goal: Story complete || Current 15% (D)
  • Little Deviants || Vita || Start 1% (E) || Goal: Rank A ||
  • Motorstorm RC || Vita || Start 5% (E) || Goal: Rank A ||

7 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

Maybe its just me but I dont like playing P4 for a short amount of time (half hour public transport with 1 change). I should probably just binch game it once to have the hang of it, maybe I will like it more then?

Persona 4 takes a while to get going and build up momentum, so that might be a good idea to get you past the slow beginning and see if it's actually a game you'll enjoy.

• Like 1

Well that's all islands visited and all statues found, I've enjoyed Black Flag so much that I'm now going to play the Freedom Cry expansion.

Spoiler
  • Assassins Creed IV Black Flag || PS4 || Start 1% (E) || Goal: Story complete || Current 64% (A)
  • Ghostbusters || PS3 || Start 8% (E) || Goal: Story complete || Current 15% (D)

• Like 1

Finally got some work done in Dream Drop Distance and now Sora and Riku are on the second ring of worlds. I plan on making that game my 13th platinum or, failing that, my 15th. Also got close to completing Raz's story but that punching mini-game! :angry:

I'll try my best to complete my list but I've already asked to be signed up for Season 2 of the Platinum Pyramid so I might not be able to. I'll at least work on making Kingdom Hearts DDD my 13th platinum before the end of the month, I'm pretty far ahead in it.

• Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance HD (26% => 34%)
  • LEGO Dimensions (85% w/o DLC => :platinum:)
  • Psychonauts (55% => 85%)
  • Sly 2 (56% => :platinum:)
  • World of Final Fantasy (20%)

Eliminated from Backlog:

• LEGO Dimensions
  • Sly 2
Edited by NebbyLunala

Another minor update from me.

Finished one more mission in Dungeons 2, but am considering to just leave it at that, It just keeps getting worse, the more I play of it.

In Need for Speed Rivals, I finished up the racer career(rank 21/60) Apparently I need to do that career path twice more with slightly altered objectives. The same will await me for the Cop route. Always great to see how companies manage to turn a potentially good racing game into a borefest, just to artificially enhance the game's length.

I've now finished Freedom Cry DLC for Black Flag, very clever use of the core game to add a decent length story and new things to do with multiple ways to free slaves.  The optional objectives were less annoying than the main game so that's another gold trophy :)

One trophy that I would have expected in the main game would be doing all the missions in Kenways Fleet, it's a quite good mini game that's principally in the game to make you large amounts of money, but a trophy for completing it would have been good.

Season 1 goals:

• Assassins Creed IV Black Flag || PS4 || Start 1% (E) || Goal: Story complete || Current 79% (A)

Eliminated from backlog (Season 1):

• Assassins Creed IV Black Flag || PS4

On 31/12/2016 at 10:09 AM, Chris1-1sirhC said:

Can I join please

Season 1

1. Assassin Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper DLC

Goal: 100%

Current: 0%

2. L.A Noire

Goal: Overall 100%

- Main game - get 7 unearned trophies

- A Slip of the Tongue DLC - get 2 unearned trophies

- The Naked City - get 3 unearned trophies

- Nicholson Electroplating DLC - get 1 unearned trophy

Current:

Main Game: 75%

A Slip of the Tongue DLC: 80%

The Naked City DLC: 70%

Nicholson electroplating DLC: 90%

Reefer Madness DLC: 100%

3. Fahrenheit

Goal: Platinum

Current: 6%

On 04/02/2017 at 10:02 AM, Chris1-1sirhC said:

Can I please add

4. Batman A Telltale Series

Update:

Season 1

1. Assassin Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper DLC

Goal: 100%

2. L.A Noire

Goal: Overall 100%

- Main game - get 7 unearned trophies - completed 11/02/2017

- A Slip of the Tongue DLC - get 2 unearned trophies - completed 12/02/2017

- The Naked City - get 3 unearned trophies - completed 11/02/2017

- Nicholson Electroplating DLC - get 1 unearned trophy - completed 11/02/2017

Current:

Main Game: 100%

A Slip of the Tongue DLC: 100%

The Naked City DLC: 100%

Nicholson electroplating DLC: 100%

Reefer Madness DLC: 100%

3. Fahrenheit

Current: 6%

4. Batman A Telltale Series

Eliminated from backlog:

L.A. Noire

Batman: A Telltale Series

Alright so I pushed through and finished the campaign in Dungeons 2. So I'll give a proper update now.

Season 1:

• Dungeons 2 - Finish Story/Campaign (Season 1) - 5/10
  • Need for Speed Rivals - just messing about, while gaining a few ranks as Racer/Cop -(finished racer career - on standby for now)
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue - Finish Story

Eliminated from Backlog:

• Killzone - Plat (Pre-season) - 4/10
  • Risen 3 - Enhanced Edition - Plat (planned for Season 1, completed during Pre-season) - 3/10
  • Borderlands - get last trophy for 100% (Season 1) - 8/10
  • The Escapists: The Walking Dead - Plat (Season 1) - 5/10
  • Monster Monpiece - Plat (started Pre-season, completed during Season 1) - 6/10
  • Crysis  - Plat (Season 1) - 7/10
  • Lost Dimension - Plat (started Pre-season, completed during Season 1) - 8/10
  • Alekhine's Gun - Plat (Season 1) - 6/10
  • Corpse Party: Blood Drive - Plat (Season 1) - 4/10

Dungeons 2:

This is a real-time strategy game (and supposedly the successor to Dungeon Keeper), that has campaign, skirmish and MP modes. In the latter 2 modes you can choose factions (Horde or Demons).

It seems to take a lot of inspiration of Warcraft 3 though, as it's not limited to the underground. Basically gathering materials, constructing buildings and units are all done in the Underworld, while combat is mainly done top-side. S you'll have two minimaps and thus madness ensues, as you need to juggle constantly between the units in both regions.

You can set up traps in your dungeon, which are useless as the enemies when they attack you, bring a unit that can disable traps.The upgrade system is awful, as there need to be units present in the area of the respective buildings. Considering that the units tend to bugger off every few seconds, to have a drink, bull each other or get gold for their payment (which is fucking stupid by the way), they are constantly on the move so it takes forever to upgrade a single thing.

When units get upgraded they cost more money (as in salary every few minutes), which again leaves less cash for upgrades so the whole game just drags on.The enemy also attacks you every 5 minutes or so, which just gets bothersome after a while.

As to be expected the controls for this are pretty poor as well, since it's an RTS that's basically a given. Only really good things about the game are the funny commentary from the narrator and that it looks quite good. This could've been a lot better though.

Well, I guess I'll have to leave the game running for a few hours just to get the 1000000 gold and 250k mana trophies for the plat, as you won't even get close to that amount just by finishing the campaign.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Having repeatedly died on Professional difficulty on Ghostbusters (PS3) I dropped the level down and now only have 2 missions to go.  The story continues to impress, it's definitely in keeping with the original movies and helps a lot that it's voiced by the original stars, you could easily imagine this being the plot to a third movie.

So far I've only missed 3 of each of the ghost scans and collectable artefacts so once I've wrapped up the story I'll go back and do those as they are both gold trophies.  The aim will be to get all single player trophies other than do less than 100k of damage and the professional difficulty one.

Season 1 goals:

• Assassins Creed IV Black Flag || PS4 || Start 1% (E) || Goal: Story complete || Current 79% (A)
  • Ghostbusters || PS3 || Start 8% (E) || Goal: Story complete || Current 44% (B)

I suppose I'm long overdue for an update, really. So here goes:

God of War - Platinum

God of War II - Platinum

God of War: Chains of Olympus - Platinum

God of War: Ghost of Sparta - Platinum

God of War: Ascension - 98%

I'd heartily recommend each and everyone of these games to anyone who is a fan of the genre. The PSP games are slightly lower in quality, but still very enjoyable. I do, however, think it's better not to play all of them right after another... I'm about to start Ghost of War III this week, but honestly, it's starting to get a little monotonous, seeing as the gameplay doesn't really differ much between the games.

Also, I won't be platinuming Ascension for a while, unfortunately. The multiplayer code was already expired when I bought the game, and I refuse to pay ten bucks just to get the one missing trophy... >.>

3 hours ago, amnesty15 said:

I'd heartily recommend each and everyone of these games to anyone who is a fan of the genre. The PSP games are slightly lower in quality, but still very enjoyable. I do, however, think it's better not to play all of them right after another... I'm about to start Ghost of War III this week, but honestly, it's starting to get a little monotonous, seeing as the gameplay doesn't really differ much between the games.

GHOST of War III? I know Kratos is dead but seriously... xD

Anyways, here's my update:

• Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance HD (34% => 43%)
  • LEGO Dimensions (:platinum:)
  • Psychonauts (85%)
  • Sly 2 (:platinum:)
  • World of Final Fantasy (20%)

Eliminated from Backlog:

• LEGO Dimensions
  • Sly 2

Got Sora and Riku to the World That Never Was and got the Divewing for both characters, something I never did on the original version. ;) My focus will be on Kingdom Heats first and foremost as I want it to be my 13th platinum(because of the 13 Seekers of Darkness) but I will work a bit on World of Final Fantasy too. If I fail the challenge, it'll be because I didn't platinum World of Final Fantasy. It's a great game but very long and grindy and I'm already working on Sly 3 for the Vita event. :(

I got through all except the final world of Color Guardians, I might try to get the platinum if I can get through the final boss without dying (since I'll have just about everything by then anyway).

It's a fun game, nothing out of the ordinary. I'll probably have forgotten all about it a couple of months from now but it's fun while it lasts. You run automatically, all you can do is change lanes and change colors to collect orbs and either disarm or evade traps.

By the way, this is why I'm not putting too many games on lists any more right at the start. I'm often fickle in my gaming choices and can't really plan ahead this much.

Spoiler

Season 1

• Assassin's Creed II || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 87% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: story || start: 16% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Bloodborne || PS4 || goal: story || start: 3% (not going to happen any more thanks to corrupted savegame)
  • Bound || PS4 || goal: story and collectables || start: 3%, finish 56% (9% after first playthrough)
  • Color Guardians || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, current: 66%
  • Deadpool || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, finish: 40%
  • LEGO Marvel's Avengers || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 5%, current: 9%
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS1
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS2
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MSX
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS3
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS4
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS5
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS6
  • Õkami HD || PS3 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • Psychonauts || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, current: 21%
  • The Witcher 3 || PS4 || goal: story || start: 9% (but will restart the campaign)

2017 long goals

• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 73% (finished story on 57%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 51% (finished story on 51%)
  • Assassin's Creed III || PS3 || goal: 100% DLC Ep2/Ep3 || current: 100%/0% (started 2017 on 0%/0%)
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag || PS4 || goal: MP grind || current: 0/2 (level: 21/55, started 2017 on level 7)
  • DRIVECLUB || PS4 || goal: Champion in season pass DLC || current: 0/11 (other 7 done before 2017)

Eliminated from backlog:

Pre-Season

• Actual Sunlight (Vita) (100%)
  • Assassin's Creed II (PS4)
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS4)
  • The Deadly Tower Of Monsters (PS4) (100%)
  • Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

Season I

• Assassin's Creed II (PS4) (100%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS4)
  • Bound (PS4)
  • Deadpool (PS4)
  • The Last Guardian (PS4)
  • Metal Slug Anthology (PS4)

Finished Ghostbusters (PS3), I'm not going to play through again on Professional difficulty as I died too much the first time I did that and have plenty of other games to play.

The good story telling and jokes held up to the end, particularly enjoyed Bill Murray's sardonic wit.  Playing lots of the Lego games was good training for this one, if the game wants you to go right, then go left and there will probably be a collectable!  I finished with just 3 artefacts and 3 ghosts to get, although I did think it was a shame that when the game was so beautifully coloured at times that I spent most of it looking through the lens of fuzzy green goggles :S.  Going back for the missing ones was really easy as the mission select even breaks down the main missions into about a dozen or so parts each, so it literally took a couple of minutes per collectable.

Season 1 goals:

• Assassins Creed IV Black Flag || PS4 || Start 1% (E) || Goal: Story complete || Finished at 79% (A)
  • Ghostbusters || PS3 || Start 8% (E) || Goal: Story complete || Finished at 75% (A)

• Ghostbusters || PS3

I'll probably regret adding all 3 but I'm adding the Mass Effect series to my list, that way when the much hyped 4th game comes out I'll be able to play it.  I was thinking of adding them once I had finished all 6 off my original list, but realised I might not want to back-to-back them so will start on the first one now and go back to the rest of my list in between.  Only aiming for story completion, I'm not doing multiple playthroughs.

Oh, and I started on Little Deviants, added 5 trophies to my previous 1, then got completely stuck on 2 games and need to pass one of them before opening up any more so giving it a rest and starting Mass Effect.

Season 1 goals:

• Contrast || PS4 || Start 14% (Rank E) || Goal: Story completion ||
  • Assassins Creed IV Black Flag || PS4 || Start 1% (E) || Goal: Story completion || Finished at 79% (A)
  • Ghostbusters || PS3 || Start 8% (E) || Goal: Story completion || Finished at 75% (A)
  • Little Deviants || Vita || Start 1% (E) || Goal: Rank A || Current 8% (D)
  • Mass Effect || PS3 || Start 0% (F) || Goal: Story Completion || Current 8% (E)
  • Mass Effect 2 || PS3 || Start 0% (F) || Goal: Story Completion ||
  • Mass Effect 3 || PS3 || Start 0% (F) || Goal: Story Completion ||

• Ghostbusters || PS3
Edited by richtayls

I finished Color Guardians. The final boss annoyed me a lot while playing the game so I'm not going to attempt to do a no-death run of it for now, getting through more backlog games is more important to me than getting this platinum.

I might play something later today but I don't know what I'm going to play yet. If I forget, let's just pretend that I did mention the game here before I start playing.

Spoiler

Season 1

• Assassin's Creed II || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 87% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: story || start: 16% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Bloodborne || PS4 || goal: story || start: 3% (not going to happen any more thanks to corrupted savegame)
  • Bound || PS4 || goal: story and collectables || start: 3%, finish 56% (9% after first playthrough)
  • Color Guardians || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, current: 83%
  • The Witcher 3 || PS4 || goal: story || start: 9% (but will restart the campaign)

2017 long goals

• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 73% (finished story on 57%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 51% (finished story on 51%)
  • Assassin's Creed III || PS3 || goal: 100% DLC Ep2/Ep3 || current: 100%/0% (started 2017 on 0%/0%)
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag || PS4 || goal: MP grind || current: 0/2 (level: 21/55, started 2017 on level 7)
  • DRIVECLUB || PS4 || goal: Champion in season pass DLC || current: 0/11 (other 7 done before 2017)

Eliminated from backlog:

Pre-Season

• Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

Season I

• Bound (PS4)
  • Color Guardians (PS4)
  • Deadpool (PS4)

I'm currently playing Everybody Gone to the rapture .

I went from 0 to 18% since yesterday and got a good chunk of the collectibles acquired.

The game is nice but 2 majors downs to it.

1. You move sooooooo slowly

2. I had a few light orbs (collectibles and most importantly these are saves) that glitched on me and i had to restart and backtrack. 

L4a541a.png

In the end, I decided to restart on The Witcher 3. Great game and happy with my choice. It's such a compelling story, I'm right back into it. This will probably bee the only thing I really play the rest of this month, one or two outbursts not included. I need to play through this in one go because I never completed a Witcher, Fallout, Elder Scrolls or Dragon Age game - I like sandbox games a lot but these games just prove to be too big for me to finish before I get distracted by other games.

On my list that leaves

Bloodborne (which will not happen soon because of my much discussed corrupted save),

LEGO Marvel's Avengers (my wife has less time for gaming than she thought and I won't play it on my own),

Õkami (which I thought I would play in March but that was before I decided to day one the Switch) and

Psychonauts (which I will definitely play through, though not this month unless I finish The Witcher 3 a few days before I get Horizon Zero Dawn).

Spoiler

Season 1

• Color Guardians || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, current: 83%
  • The Witcher 3 || PS4 || goal: story || start: 9%, current 10% (restarted the campaign, left the game 1.5 years ago)

2017 long goals

Eliminated from backlog:

Pre-Season

• Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

Season I

• Bound (PS4)
  • Color Guardians (PS4)
  • Deadpool (PS4)

5 hours ago, dadoudelidou said:

I'm currently playing Everybody Gone to the rapture .

I went from 0 to 18% since yesterday and got a good chunk of the collectibles acquired.

The game is nice but 2 majors downs to it.

1. You move sooooooo slowly

2. I had a few light orbs (collectibles and most importantly these are saves) that glitched on me and i had to restart and backtrack. 

I played through the entire game in one day, never saw any glitches though. I hope you're doing your first play without a walkthrough?

1 hour ago, NebbyLunala said:

I fear I won't be able to complete my list - I just got two more games and will be so busy with them.

So, play what you feel like and keep the rest on your list for season 2, no big deal.

I started Everybody gone to the Rapture without a guide and got up to the Church. I enjoyed the story but the multiple problems with the light orbs got the best of me and i popped a guide after the third reset. 

Found many threads on internet for those bugs ( the light orb won't trigger ). The best solution i found so far is to get out of the game and come back in... Wich mean you loose some of your progression.

And good for you BillyHorrible to have given another chance to the Witcher III. That game is fantastic! Open world games are my favorites and this one is a strong contender to be of my favorite games of all time. It grows on you, you'll see. And you most probably hearded this before but do the DLCs, they are amazing (and bigger than a lot a AAA games out there)

• Like 1

Mass Effect is taking a lot of time, but that's partly down to reading all the codex entries, I'm also avoiding using guides with the exception of making sure I know which assignments to trigger before certain cut-offs, although some of the guides are contradictory, one I read said not to pick up something from someone but you can't go back there so that's cost me the ability to do 2 assignments!  My only prior play of Mass Effect was a demo of either 2 or 3, so I wasn't expecting quite so much 'go here then go there' but I'm quite enjoying it.  I don't plan on doing the multiple playthroughs required for the platinum, I would rather experience more games off my backlist, but am hoping that if I pick up enough trophies along the way I'll get to at least rank B.

Having finished a rather long set of Mass Effect missions I decided to have a quick go at Contrast, so I've finished Act 1 and moved that all the way up to 47%.

Season 1 goals:

• Contrast || PS4 || Start 14% (Rank E) || Goal: Story completion || Current 47% (C)
  • Assassins Creed IV Black Flag || PS4 || Start 1% (E) || Goal: Story completion || Finished at 79% (A)
  • Ghostbusters || PS3 || Start 8% (E) || Goal: Story completion || Finished at 75% (A)
  • Little Deviants || Vita || Start 1% (E) || Goal: Rank A || Current 8% (D)
  • Mass Effect || PS3 || Start 0% (F) || Goal: Story Completion || Current 14% (D)
  • Mass Effect 2 || PS3 || Start 0% (F) || Goal: Story Completion ||
  • Mass Effect 3 || PS3 || Start 0% (F) || Goal: Story Completion ||

• Ghostbusters || PS3