Triicky's Platinum Mix

IzTriicky__

A New Platinum Has Entered the Mix!

#68 Bakugan Battle Brawlers

1Lf37d35.png

I played this years ago for a trophy contest here on PSNP, but never went back to try and get the platinum for it until recently. This game sucks and that's all I want to say. I wanted to get it over with and I did so now I never have to play this game again, thank god. 

So hopefully within the next few months, I'm gonna have quite a few platinums to obtain since I am doing the Spring Backlog challenge and if you want to see my list I'll post it in the OP and here as well. I would like to try and get all of them in time but if not, at least half of them will still be great. 

• 2 weeks later...

#69 Horizon Chase Turbo

1L110285.png

This game was free sometime last year and I did start this once it was free, but then stopped since I was probably playing something else at the time. It's a racer not your typical one as it seems like your car isn't moving, just the track and scenery. The game and trophies weren't too bad but it was just pretty long to do, especially the Endurance Trophies since there is a trophy for doing 109 races for one trophy and that alone took 5 hours. Also sometimes the game would crash right when it was saving at the end of the race and my save would get corrupted. Luckily the cloud is a thing and it just got the newest save I had in there and it was pretty much me having to do that specific race I was on over again. But besides that, pretty easy for a Very Rare plat just time consuming. 

#70 Monster Energy Supercross

1L116151.png

This game was actually pretty fun not gonna lie! I was expecting it to be pretty bad since it's a sponsored game but I enjoyed this quite a bit. Sure the exploit was there and I didn't realize I could use it right away but I did play most of it legit and it was still fun. I had a few game crashes but other than that pretty simple platinum as it only took me a little over a day to get.

Since all the games in the next few months are gonna be part of the backlog challenge, I will say I have 2 out of 20 so far. Pretty good and I think at least 10 is going to be doable!

#71 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

1L79527b.png

Well.....ummm.....I managed to get another platinum very quickly lol. The newest Call of Duty and probably the easiest Call of Duty game I have ever played. Veteran difficulty was a joke since I got a checkpoint every 2-3 minutes, and most of the trophies I did in veteran too since it was pretty easy. If for some reason you have this game and haven't touched the campaign yet like I did since I only played multiplayer for the first few months, go and play it since it was really easy to do. ONLY TOOK ME 9 HOURS!!

#72 A Hat in Time

1Lcef974.png

I got this late last night but since I was pretty tired so I didn't make a post but here I am to make one! This game was just really fun to play. I love all the different abilities you had with all the hats plus the badges you got for your hats made the game fun too. Oh and all the different world you visited were just really awesome to go around and play in. The trophy list was pretty easy with the only one I had a little trouble with was the 1 hit badge trophy. It took me about an hour to do but I managed to get it. Oh and the final boss I will say was really cool and well done. Great platformer if you haven't tried this out yet. 

• Like 1

#73 Need For Speed: Heat

1L82835a.png

This game was really fun! Definitely one of the better Need For Speed games I have played in the past few years and just some good times. The trophy list was pretty weird tho as there was ALOT of collectibles you have get plus the activities which are speed traps, long jumps, and drift sections, some were pretty tough to do. But besides that, I really liked the Day and Night style of racing,  and the customization was pretty awesome too. I'm just glad I decided to pick this up when it was on sale awhile ago since overall, the platinum was pretty fun to go for. 

#74 Bloodroots

1L9341fc.png

This game was really fun to play. It plays like Hotline Miami where everything dies in 1 hit but you also die in 1 hit. Really love this kind of game because it makes you think on the fly and try to rush to get weapons as quick as possible before you are taken down. Some enemies did have some "shields" around them which made it a little harder to kill, but regardless still really fun to play. As for the trophies most you get by just naturally playing it's only a few others you would have to work on like getting all the wolves, keeping 1 continuous combo, killing every enemy with a different weapon, etc. But you can also do some of the trophies with assist options on like invincibility which is what I did for the Speedrun trophy. But besides all that, since I'm a fan of Hotline Miami and this kind of game I figured I would buy this day 1 and try to get the platinum. I would give this a go if you like those kind of games. 

#75 Titanfall 2

1L8f9b2f.png

Thanks to the backlog challenge I decided to play this game again since I stopped playing it sometime last year. Don't know why cause this game was really fun to play, even on the hardest difficulty. Sure some sections were pretty tough compared to others but that didn't take away the enjoyment I had with the game. Respawn really know how to do movement well in a shooter with this and Apex Legends(which I had a dumb moment realizing all the guns from Apex originated from Titanfall) so that was the main highlight for me. The way you were able to traverse each area so differently was really fun. The titan load outs itself was pretty cool to but I will say the last loadout you get is pretty busted but I expect to be lol. So definitely an underappreciated game I think and I'm glad I went back to do this for the backlog challenge this season. 

• Like 3

#76 Doom Eternal

1L93a5ac.png

This game was REALLY fun to play. From the movement to how welll you how to use certain weapons to get the right amount of damage was just awesome. Also really love on how you had to be tactical on the fly for certain enemies coming at you or else you were going to get destroyed. Like using your chainsaw to get more ammo, using a glory kill to get health, etc. The trophies for the game were really fun to get too, even the collectibles! Also loved how even if you haven't got every collectible in a level, just before you exit the level, you get a fast travel option so you can go back to previous areas in the levels to get the collectible. Extra Life mode was fun too but I will say the multiplayer was a grind to do. I did all of it legit instead of boosting it just because since its a new game and people are online I figured I do it legit. Actually enjoyed the Multiplayer was just a little grindy that's all. 

53 minutes ago, James_Tonto said:

Nice work on Titanfall 2, keep it up, you'll break 100 platinums in no time and be on the path to the 100+ in no time at all. ^^

Thanks! If I keep going at the rate I've been going I might break 100 but who knows, gonna try for it tho!

Edited by IzTriicky__
  • Like 1

#77 Fighting EX Layer

1Lca3aa5.png

I would've gotten this platinum a week or 2 ago but thanks to noone being online I had to wait a bit and try my luck another day. That day was yesterday and today and I managed to get the rest of the trophies I needed for the Platinum. The trophies overall are really easy as you don't really have to do much to get the platinum it's just the online that will be a problem since the game is dead if you are trying to do it legit, but can be done easily with a boosting partner. 

Also I already managed to get to my yearly goal for platinums in 3 months, so I'm gonna try for a bigger number. So I think my new goal is to get to 100 platinums by the end of the year. Let's see how this turns out. 

#78 Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

1L69536e.png

Played this as it was one of the games that was in my Spring Backlog Challenge list and i'm glad I did. This is probably one of the best Ratchet and Clank games that I have played for sure. Really loved the weapons and gameplay, alongside the story as well. The trophy list just like other Ratchet and Clank games, it was pretty easy to do and took 2 playthroughs since you have to do an additional one for challenge mode. So glad to finish this one and will probably get more Ratchet and Clank platinums in the future. 

#79 Grand Prix Rock'N Racing

1Lc8a06d.png

Played this during a contest here on PSNP a few years ago and never went back to go and complete the game, but decided to do now. Not really much to say as this game was just bad lol. Controls are awful and the rubber banding on this game is something else too. I'm just glad i'm done with the game so I can work on some other stuff that I should have platinums for. 

19 hours ago, evs_castro said:

Congrats on Titanfall 2! Its an awesome game and a shame that most people give up on the plat because of the Gauntlet trophy.

Hence the reason why it's an very rare platinum. It only took me a few hours to do at the time but I agree that alot of people are missing out for sure. 

Another Platinum Has Entered the Mix!

#80 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered

1L23ed4a.png

Such a long title lol. Anyways, did not even know this was releasing so once I found out about I had to buy it right away since I really did enjoy the campaign for this game when I first played it years ago. Now giving the remastered treatment, the game looks amazing! Really enjoyed playing through this game again and i'm also glad theres no Spec Ops missions. I hated those so much, especially Wet Work and Snatch&Grab. Pretty easy plat and for some reason if you haven't played MW2 before, I would get this since it's only $20.  

EDIT: Managed to get another one in the span of 3 hours so.........

#81 Sound Shapes

1L8eb9aa.png

This one has been haunting me for quite some time. I did most of the trophies years ago and I remember trying to go back to this game a few times since then but just ended up raging and leaving it without getting the platinum. WELL NOT TODAY. I finally managed to get the platinum for this game so I can just forget about this game enitrely.....unless if I do the Vita version too. 

Oh! Before I forget, just to remind myself of what games I have in my backlog(which is a ton), I'm going to make a list in the OP of all the games I own that I don't have a trophy in alongside my currently playing list(which is still linked to the Spring Backlog Post)

Edited by IzTriicky__

#82 The Little Acre

1L611434.png

This is one of MANY games in my backlog so I figure I do it right away since it's very short. Just a cute point and click game that is very short but was still adorable. Just followed through a guide and managed to get the platinum in under 2 hours. 

#83 The Sims 4

1L718efb.png

I got this late last night but just didn't post right away since I was tired and figured I just do it now instead. I didn't know you could get this platinum alot quicker so I managed to do it through that since to be honest, even though I got this for free thanks to PS Plus, I probably wouldn't have played this game anytime soon. Oh and also the UI for this game is terrible, was clearly made for PC only and not for any ports to happen in the future. At least I got it done with now.

#84 Bloons TD 5

1L7d8350.png

This platinum took me the longest play time of all the games I played so far that I have earned a platinum. I only got this game because a friend of mine just came out of nowhere to tell me that this game existed on Playstation and he wanted to play it to get the plat. So I bought it as well and it was fun at first....until I realized how much mindless grinding you have to do for the upgrades and whatnot. Also since Double Cash is a thing, I was playing this game on autopilot as well sometimes and just letting it rock since I knew I would get the completed level everytime. Still tho, after 137hours of playtime on this game, I finally did it and glad it's done with. So thank you for another Very Rare plat and being 5th on the Fastest Achievers List!

#85 Olympics Games: Tokyo 2020

1Ld2c1c7.png

Literally found out about this game thanks to PSNP and seeing it has DLC so I figured why not give it a try since I have a JP account and bought it through there. It was pretty fun since it had an arcade-esque style to it and the events were pretty enjoyable. Pretty fun game overall I would say and the trophy list was pretty easy!

Edit: A New 100% Has been Added to the Mix!

Sonic the Fighters

L1ef284.png

Well, I was bored and since I now have PS Now since the subscription was on sale(pretty damn good deal if you ask me), I figure I do a game I remember taking very little time to do since I did it years ago on Xbox. Just a weird fighting game that will take you less than 15 minutes to get all the trophies for. 

Edited by IzTriicky__

On 4/25/2020 at 5:44 PM, IzTriicky__ said:

#84 Bloons TD 5

1L7d8350.png

This platinum took me the longest play time of all the games I played so far that I have earned a platinum. I only got this game because a friend of mine just came out of nowhere to tell me that this game existed on Playstation and he wanted to play it to get the plat. So I bought it as well and it was fun at first....until I realized how much mindless grinding you have to do for the upgrades and whatnot. Also since Double Cash is a thing, I was playing this game on autopilot as well sometimes and just letting it rock since I knew I would get the completed level everytime. Still tho, after 137hours of playtime on this game, I finally did it and glad it's done with. So thank you for another Very Rare plat and being 5th on the Fastest Achievers List!

Congratz on this platinum. I lost interest in this game when it stopped being challenging with the upgrades and looked like just a time sink to get it done. Sure, you can turn off the upgrades and make it challenging, but then it'll just take longer to platinum. Maybe one day I'll go back and play it some more, but first I need to work on my backlog.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Grotz99 said:

Congratz on this platinum. I lost interest in this game when it stopped being challenging with the upgrades and looked like just a time sink to get it done. Sure, you can turn off the upgrades and make it challenging, but then it'll just take longer to platinum. Maybe one day I'll go back and play it some more, but first I need to work on my backlog.

Yeah I felt the same really. I used pretty much the same strategy every level once I was able to get double cash and just had it running while I was doing other things. The random missions were the worst for me honestly since it felt like they took forever to do. But yeah my backlog is ridiculous so I will tackle it, but it's going to be take me forever to do thanks to these god damn sales lol. 

EDIT: A New Platinum Has Entered the Mix!

#86 SoulCalibur VI

1L117f47.png

Another fighting game I have finished as of late and just like the others, I enjoyed this one as well. Another 3D fighter but it was still fun regardless. Plus, the trophies are alot easier for this version of SoulClaibur than the previous one. So that's a plus, and it didn't take me much time at all. Good 3D fighting game if anyone is interested in these types of games. 

Edited by IzTriicky__
  • Like 2

#87 AI: The Somnium Files

1Ld56ba0.png

This was a really fun VN/Point and Click to go through. Since it was made by the studio who did Danganronpa, I knew I would enjoy it, and I certainly did. Some of the endings for the game really freaked me out since I was playing at some points until 1 or 2 AM but regardless, really fun time. I would suggest this to anyone really if you like VN's and want a pretty good story out of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IzTriicky__ said:

#87 AI: The Somnium Files

1Ld56ba0.png

This was a really fun VN/Point and Click to go through. Since it was made by the studio who did Danganronpa, I knew I would enjoy it, and I certainly did. Some of the endings for the game really freaked me out since I was playing at some points until 1 or 2 AM but regardless, really fun time. I would suggest this to anyone really if you like VN's and want a pretty good story out of it.

How does this compare to the Nonary Games?